• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Immense Struggle to avoid the European Conference League

We are not beating Leeds next weekend, but unbelievably if we draw, Villa lose and Brentford fail to beat City, somehow we fall into the Conference
You know those 3 results will happen, put a bet on it

Leeds v Spurs - Draw
Brighton v Aston Villa - Brighton Win
Brentford v City - City Win

You know those 3 results will happen, put a bet on it

Leeds v Spurs - Draw
Brighton v Aston Villa - Brighton Win
Brentford v City - City Win

If we're going to get a point at Leeds it'd need to be something like a 3-3 draw. They'll be going 100 mph against our dodgy defence+keeper so can't see us not conceding at least a couple

Personally I'm not that bothered about ECL and can the arguments both ways

I’m praying for a Leeds win today to drop Everton into the bottom 3
Then we lose next weekend to seal the deal

Would like to see Everton go down.

My optimistic head wants us to be in the ECL as we'd have a decent shot at winning it....though its going be a huge distraction from the league and given the DoF/Manager changes this summer are going to impact our transfer window, the more realistic side of me thinks its better to finish 8th

Would like to see Everton go down.

My optimistic head wants us to be in the ECL as we'd have a decent shot at winning it....though its going be a huge distraction from the league and given the DoF/Manager changes this summer are going to impact our transfer window, the more realistic side of me thinks its better to finish 8th
I don’t want it because I don’t think we would ever take it serious
We didn’t even take the Europa serious
And seeing Everton go down would be brilliant with my best mates being Everton fans

And seeing Everton go down would be brilliant with my best mates being Everton fans

I'm assuming that the new manager will implement a system which will be less reliant on x-factor from 1 or 2 stay players

The reason we've failed in the EL and ECL previously is because as soon as we rotate you have 11 players running around like headless chickens

You’ve got a funny relationship with your best mates I’d say? Are you sure they’re mates?!? :D

can't believe there are some on here who want us to qualify for the conference, maybe if we called it the "vanarama", they'd change their mind.
We are in for a good few seasons of rebuilding, playing pigfarmer FC in latvia and rushing back to play in the PL will NOT help us one bit and its the mickey mouse of mickey mouse "trophies".

can't believe there are some on here who want us to qualify for the conference, maybe if we called it the "vanarama", they'd change their mind.
We are in for a good few seasons of rebuilding, playing pigfarmer FC in latvia and rushing back to play in the PL will NOT help us one bit and its the mickey mouse of mickey mouse "trophies".

We dont need to worry the Europa Conference League now.
1/ Villa will not lose at home to Brighton, they want European football at Villa Park next season
2/ We are not beating Leeds next Sunday, they will press us off the park

We’ve got a chance of winning the ECL. We’ve got almost no chance of doing anything worthwhile in the PL. Winning the ECL might be the easiest way for us to achieve Europa League football the season after.

We’ve got a chance of winning the ECL. We’ve got almost no chance of doing anything worthwhile in the PL. Winning the ECL might be the easiest way for us to achieve Europa League football the season after.

The thing is, as mentioned above….The new manager will likely be told to de-prioritise, and we won’t take seriously.

Therefore we end up in a competition that we have no intention of going deep in that affects League results. It’s a lose/lose - unless we commit to it.

I would much rather have a proper go at the domestic cups. I know they are harder as better teams are in them, but they are still winnable.

PL is going to be hard next year. I know that every year there are team(s) which underperform but all the current top 5 will spend materially this summer and Chelsea dont ahve European distraction either next season.

Add Villa and Brighton into the mix, plus us having a DoF and Manager both settling in and each and every league game will need focus next year

The thing is, as mentioned above….The new manager will likely be told to de-prioritise, and we won’t take seriously.

Therefore we end up in a competition that we have no intention of going deep in that affects League results. It’s a lose/lose - unless we commit to it.

I would much rather have a proper go at the domestic cups. I know they are harder as better teams are in them, but they are still winnable.
Hopefully the new manager will ignore the higher ups at the club and try to win the trophy we actually have a chance of winning (though I think we’ll finish 8th or 9th in the league and have no European football next season anyway).

PL is going to be hard next year. I know that every year there are team(s) which underperform but all the current top 5 will spend materially this summer and Chelsea dont ahve European distraction either next season.

Add Villa and Brighton into the mix, plus us having a DoF and Manager both settling in and each and every league game will need focus next year

Agree about it being hard but gaps always appear.

If we have no European football we have an immediate league advantage - Brighton and Villa especially will find things a little trickier.

If we don’t qualify for European football (likely) the Football operations leaders (whoever they may be) have a very simple job. Recruit the right manager, ask what system he wants to play, then provide 15/16 quality players that fit that system.

Get good minutes into those 15/16 where possible so that they can be brought in 1 or 2 at a time maximum in league games or domestic cups.

The rest will have to scrap for bench slots and very limited minutes.

Hopefully the new manager will ignore the higher ups at the club and try to win the trophy we actually have a chance of winning (though I think we’ll finish 8th or 9th in the league and have no European football next season anyway).

Do you want him to get the sack a week before the final or something? [emoji28][emoji1787]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Agree about it being hard but gaps always appear.

If we have no European football we have an immediate league advantage - Brighton and Villa especially will find things a little trickier.

If we don’t qualify for European football (likely) the Football operations leaders (whoever they may be) have a very simple job. Recruit the right manager, ask what system he wants to play, then provide 15/16 quality players that fit that system.

Get good minutes into those 15/16 where possible so that they can be brought in 1 or 2 at a time maximum in league games or domestic cups.

The rest will have to scrap for bench slots and very limited minutes.

Yes can certainly run with a smaller squad....though we have a long list of players which need offloading already without adding more to it!!!

No EL/ECL means no rotten Thursday nights, so that’s huge for me. It means no Friday 4am - Monday 2am kick offs that make it near impossible to watch Spurs live and live a functional life.

Back