• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The holiday thread

I loved America ( i lived/worked there for several years) it a amazing country, but you are right its the people who live there that fudges it up.

It's a beautiful country with some outstanding scenery, sprinkled with friendly generous people and and evil raving lunatics. I love going there but wouldn't want to live there.

It's a beautiful country with some outstanding scenery, sprinkled with friendly generous people and and evil raving lunatics. I love going there but wouldn't want to live there.

I made some really good friends while i was there and still keep in touch. i was a lot younger when i lived there though and as you say i would not want to return to live there.

A far cry from the US westcoast, but @Danishfurniturelover if you have some time in Morocco, the Atlantic coastline from Esourai all the way down to Sidi Ifni is an interesting stretch to travel along by car. Stop at places like Taghazout, Agadir. Especially once you get past Agadir it is empty. The scenery is stunning with miles and miles of empty beaches. Awesome for surfing. Anyone can get a surf lesson for not much along this coast line, and they'll teach you on some small waves.

Mirleft was once Spanish I think. Its quite a charming dreamy place with some beautiful beaches. Also warmer down there as you're next to the Sahara and the equator.

Can give some tips for Marekesh too, the old city is a bit of tourist-only area now. Still awesoeme and a totally different type of city experience. It has become quite sophisticated and a European hang out. Sure you'll love it. Was out there for a birthday party last time and quite a few of the Swedish contingent were gay - quite fascinating the gay scene there as its all happening under the radar. Thought it might whet your appetite :)
What's Morroccan custard like ??

Going to get out to the US and watch Cleveland in the baseball, not sure if I will go to Ohio or catch them in NY or something

As someone who has routinely worked and played all over the eastern seaboard and northern regions - coast to coast - of the USA, I've had many wonderful experiences and met so many decent Americans.

Amongst my current American media colleagues, I still regularly deal with some of the brightest, most inventive and knowledgeable people I've ever worked with. But I wouldn't dream of visiting the USA nowadays. And my colleagues concur that this is a terrible time to be visiting America.

A lifelong hobby is building model cars of top NASCAR stock car racers (grew up near a race track, worked on the southern racing scene for years). Find it absorbing and relaxing. Not unlike vegetable gardening, which I equally enjoy, just getting lost in the details and forgetting about the world around me for a valuable hour or two.

I made a necessary phone call to a man in (xxxxxxxxx state) to buy some vintage model car decals to complete some historic builds I'm working on. We got on well discussing business and came to a fair arrangement on price and shipping before slipping into what started out as a congenial conversation on this and that. I had visited near his southern hometown a few years back.

Then he started testing me on my political sympathies. It became instantly apparent where his political sympathies lay (shocker: Trump, Republican) and when I didn't jump to agree with him (small L liberal. Pled ignorance due to my foreign status), our whole business arrangement began to wobble. He let loose on what he thought of Canada and how a second wall (!) should be built across the 49th parallel and around the Great Lakes. How it might be time for the USA to take rightful control of the Great Lakes water supply.

There's me just wanting to buy some decal sheets to build scale model race cars and he's going full whack job on his extreme right wing political views. This is far from the first time I've endured such a heavy right wing diatribe out of nowhere. Probably not the last as I try to pursue my hobby. But I won't be spending time or money roaming the USA in the foreseeable future.

We’re off to Egypt mid feb
I’m in Finland first though end of Jan (need somewhere to watch the Brentford game in Helsinki)
Struggling to filter down the hotels in Hurgada as there are so many that look good

@ricky2tricky4city the gallettes in st Malo are awesome

As someone who has routinely worked and played all over the eastern seaboard and northern regions - coast to coast - of the USA, I've had many wonderful experiences and met so many decent Americans.

Amongst my current American media colleagues, I still regularly deal with some of the brightest, most inventive and knowledgeable people I've ever worked with. But I wouldn't dream of visiting the USA nowadays. And my colleagues concur that this is a terrible time to be visiting America.

A lifelong hobby is building model cars of top NASCAR stock car racers (grew up near a race track, worked on the southern racing scene for years). Find it absorbing and relaxing. Not unlike vegetable gardening, which I equally enjoy, just getting lost in the details and forgetting about the world around me for a valuable hour or two.

I made a necessary phone call to a man in (xxxxxxxxx state) to buy some vintage model car decals to complete some historic builds I'm working on. We got on well discussing business and came to a fair arrangement on price and shipping before slipping into what started out as a congenial conversation on this and that. I had visited near his southern hometown a few years back.

Then he started testing me on my political sympathies. It became instantly apparent where his political sympathies lay (shocker: Trump, Republican) and when I didn't jump to agree with him (small L liberal. Pled ignorance due to my foreign status), our whole business arrangement began to wobble. He let loose on what he thought of Canada and how a second wall (!) should be built across the 49th parallel and around the Great Lakes. How it might be time for the USA to take rightful control of the Great Lakes water supply.

There's me just wanting to buy some decal sheets to build scale model race cars and he's going full whack job on his extreme right wing political views. This is far from the first time I've endured such a heavy right wing diatribe out of nowhere. Probably not the last as I try to pursue my hobby. But I won't be spending time or money roaming the USA in the foreseeable future.
There’s a novel in you, mate…you have a way with words.

Back