• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Mulletperm

Mauricio Taricco
I got a phone call today from my brother-in-law telling me my wife's Dad had passed away very suddenly. He asked me if I could go home and tell the wife as she was out shopping, and he didn't want to tell her when she wasn't home.

The 30 minute drive home was awful. Figuring out how I was going to tell my wife that her Dad had suddenly passed away totally unexpectedly.

When I got home I had to wait another hour or so until she got home. I never, ever want to hear my wife scream the way she did when I told her. It was awful. Pure anguish.

Not sure why I'm typing this out. I don't really have any 'mates' here in Oz and just had a need to share. I'm also devastated as I liked him very much, and he somewhat took me under his wing when we moved to Oz and I looked to him as a Father figure.

Worst day of my life. Things are going to be very difficult for the next few months.

So sorry to hear it mate. That's a terrible thing to have to do.

As above, just be your wife's rock for as long as she needs.

Sad news, fella - never an easy way to say these things. You did the best you could.

Life is an absolute qunt.

How old was he?

Thats tough mate, in a way i think she would be glad to have it come from you someone she loves.

I hope i never have to do it with my wife. If it was her mum who died again i hope i would never have to do it but mainly because i would be smiling and punching the air, her old man is a top bloke though.

Absolutely horrible for you mate, stay strong. Typing it out really does make you feel better; you don't want to bottle this brick up on your own. Hope you're ok.

^^^ Agreed, catharsis is important, you need to get your emotions out as well, even if to a group of strangers ina message board. It all works. Bad luck mate, I hope your wife is OK.

Echoing the sentiments here, saddening simply to read your post, to understand the reality of it and to imagine how hard it must be for you :(

I'd give you a manly hug now, and say that I'm happy that you feel you can talk to us all here. That we, as a group, can offer you some level of support.

Condolences. My wife's dad passed away suddenly as well. We actually found him at his home. Well, we couldn't get in, knew he was in there not answering his phone or the door and the police had to come and break the door down and I had to identify the body. Was a horrible experience. Feel for you mate, nothing much you can do except all the things your wife can't.

When my mum in law goes, it's going to be horrible. I hope she somehow lives to 100.

I got a phone call today from my brother-in-law telling me my wife's Dad had passed away very suddenly. He asked me if I could go home and tell the wife as she was out shopping, and he didn't want to tell her when she wasn't home.

The 30 minute drive home was awful. Figuring out how I was going to tell my wife that her Dad had suddenly passed away totally unexpectedly.

When I got home I had to wait another hour or so until she got home. I never, ever want to hear my wife scream the way she did when I told her. It was awful. Pure anguish.

Not sure why I'm typing this out. I don't really have any 'mates' here in Oz and just had a need to share. I'm also devastated as I liked him very much, and he somewhat took me under his wing when we moved to Oz and I looked to him as a Father figure.

Worst day of my life. Things are going to be very difficult for the next few months.

So sorry to hear that mate, awful, awful...hang in as best you can...

Sorry mate. I hope you guys are OK.

As they say, the only thing for sure is death & taxes. However, no matter how you prepare for it, it really hits you when it happens.

My wife's dad passed away last year. He was 87 and had cancer. The doctors had given him 5 years max to live when he was 70.

So, in a way we were expecting it all the time. Anyway, it was still hard for my wife and me as he was a top bloke.

It didn't make things easier as we are in Kenya and he was in the UK. We had to get there in a hurry for the funeral

Chin up mate.

Back