• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I think the anti-Arsenal chants seem to happen more often in matches with a lack of atmosphere. In an exciting and tight match, or one where we're playing really well and putting on a great exhibition, you maybe hear it once or twice. In a dull game where not much is going on and the stadium has gone a bit quiet, it breaks out much more often. That's the way it seems to me anyway, I could be imagining it!

Yeah, I would probably have to agree with that. I don't think I remember hearing it vs Liverpool until well into the second half, when we started the passing the ball about and the constant attacking had stopped.

Never would i have sagna over walker.

Wouldnt mind Vermaelen, hes solid.

Dont believe the hype Vermaelen is nothing special and just shows you how far the gimps haven fallen when they state him after RVP as their next key player.
His doesn't hold a candle to Daws or Younes

They, West Ham, and Chelsea always sing about us. United always sing about Liverpool and City, City and Liverpool about United, Saudi Sportswashing Machine about Sunderland, Sunderland about Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Villa about Birmingham, Birmingham about Villa, etc etc etc

It isn't small time, it's tribal, it's rivalry, it's banter and it' a massive part of supporting a football club

Don't get me wrong, I detest and like to laugh at Arsenal as much as the next person. However, I have a real gripe when I go to WHL that it has now become more common to sing about them, than for the team that we love. There are times that at WHL and us singing can make shivers shoot down your spine, and this is generally when the whole ground is rocking and singing for Spurs.

I think that at times we (as fans) can come across as small time to other clubs because of our obsession with Arsenal, we have a great history to be proud of and we are playing great football and probably the best Spurs squad of players that I've seen in my years supporting Spurs. Therefore, my view is that if we focus on singing for the club, the manager, the players, our history then that is the time we will have truly surpassed the goons down the road. (Barring a couple of times a season when we're playing against them, and we can give them a reminder that we are not only the top London club, and give them both barrels!)

I agree. I think we should only sing about Arsenal when we play them. There are circumstances when it is funny to sing about them, especially after they suffer a humiliating defeat, but we shouldn't sing about them every week. Tbh, they have become far worse than we ever when it comes to being "small time". If you watch any of their away games, most of the songs they sing these days are either about Spurs or Harry so it's a bit of a double standard for their fans to claim that we are obsessed with them. Added to fact that Wheelchair, Frimpong and Szcezney are constantly gobbing off about Spurs on twitter or in the papers.

I agree. I think we should only sing about Arsenal when we play them. There are circumstances when it is funny to sing about them, especially after they suffer a humiliating defeat, but we shouldn't sing about them every week. Tbh, they have become far worse than we ever when it comes to being "small time". If you watch any of their away games, most of the songs they sing these days are either about Spurs or Harry so it's a bit of a double standard for their fans to claim that we are obsessed with them. Added to fact that Wheelchair, Frimpong and Szcezney are constantly gobbing off about Spurs on twitter or in the papers.

I personally like it when other team are singing about us or talking about us or our players to the press, as that certainly means we're doing something right!

I do laugh at the Arsenal players on twitter always slating us off, does make me laugh, its great to really have the rivalry back

Arsenal FC are proud to announce that the annual Official End of Season Party 2012 will be held at the Emirates Stadium on 26th February.

Once again the Gunners have been able to end their chances of winning a trophy in record time.

We are also delighted to announce that local footballing team Tottenham Hotspur will be there to provide the entertainment.

2-ronnies-meme-generator-its-goodnight-from-me-and-its-goodnight-from-him-d8f357.jpg

You just knew after the defeat the battering they got from Milan that they would lose tonight. Their confidence is so fragile! Even when they had a truly great side, they underachieved if you look back it at. They were one of the two or 3 best teams in Europe for a few years, and were the best team in 03/04, and yet only 1 CL final appearance and never won back to back titles.

Back