• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I haven’t seen any football this weekend so can’t comment on the decision. But this brick is getting out of hand.

Liverpools statement was poor and dangerous enough but at least they had an admission of an error to hang that on. Here, Woolwich are just condemning an official for a decision they disagree with.

That’s wrong on so many levels. Being flippant, I’d love PGMOL to come out and say “the refs think Arteta is a macaron for signing David Raya and Woolwich are bottlers.”

More seriously, these officials are ordinary people and all it’d take is one deranged fan to do something stupid thinking he had the moral high ground because his club said so.

If you disagree with the officiating, address it through the correct channels.
This 100%. Sets a dangerous precedent. These are heat of the moment statements you expect to hear from fans on Talksport or sites like this - not from the clubs' official websites. All this does is undermine the referees' authority further.

I get the frustrtration when refs inevitably makes mistakes, but if anyone, clubs should rise above that and not act like petulant fans.

Back