• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

This whiny, self-entitled, hypocritical club is NOT the neutrals favourite that is for sure

Not that it makes any difference but compared to City, I'd say they definitely are. The easy narrative is that City have bought / cheated their way to success and L'arse haven't, so generally people are going to prefer them. Unless there's some valid reasoning I'm unaware of to suggest otherwise.

Just had a spare 10 minutes and thought I would note down the run-in's for them and City

View attachment 15190

At first glance City have the better games. They play the top teams all at home and don't have any tough away trips. Whereas almost all of Arsenal's away games look tricky.

But who knows in football, plenty of dodgy results to come I'm sure

Arsenal have had unbelievable luck recently playing teams just they day, when they are missing at least one vital player.

Leicester today without Maddison.

They played Man Utd, when Casemiro wase suspended due to 5 bookings.

Played Brighton away, when Caicedo was suspended and Mac Allister was partying in Argentina.

And yesterday Fulhams Palhinha picked up a 2-match suspension, so he will miss Brentford and............ of course Arsenal.

Arsenal have had unbelievable luck recently playing teams just they day, when they are missing at least one vital player.

Played Brighton away, when Caicedo was suspended and Mac Allister was partying in Argentina.

And yesterday Fulhams Palhinha picked up a 2-match suspension, so he will miss Brentford and............ of course Arsenal.
Red Leicester...

Seems like you are making excuses, its not about the players missing its about how you play against them who ever they have or haven’t got. We have played a few teams that have had players missing and we still brick the bed.

And they got the easiest draw possible(imo) in the Europa League.

Seems like you are making excuses, its not about the players missing its about how you play against them who ever they have or haven’t got. We have played a few teams that have had players missing and we still brick the bed.

Not a huge fan of your posts on certain subjects but I am with this one 100%. If they win it's apparently luck.

As discussed with Markysimmo recently (which he didn't respond to), let's not pretend they aren't everyone's favourite's to win, most neutrals would prefer they win over City who are allegedly only there because of the money but if they can stop Arsenal winning they'll suddenly become the good guys - That is cognitive dissonance in it's absolute form.

Before anyone kicks off, I'd rather we were there competing. We are not. Despite our supposedly wise spending in the summer.

Last edited:
Not a huge fan of your posts on certain subjects but I am with this one 100%. If they win it's apparently luck.

As discussed with Markysimmo recently (which he didn't respond to), let's not pretend they aren't everyone's favourite's to win, most neutrals would prefer they win over City who are allegedly only there because of the money but if they can stop Arsenal winning they'll suddenly become the good guys - That is cognitive dissonance in it's absolute form.

Before anyone kicks off, I'd rather we were there competing. We are not. Despite our supposedly wise spending in the summer.

Yeh, I am more concerned with where we are then them TBH, I can't be doing all these "woudl you take X if it meant they did not win the league". Don't get me wrong I absolutely hate Arsenal but the idea they have only been lucky to be 5 clear, its just not real

Yeh, I am more concerned with where we are then them TBH, I can't be doing all these "woudl you take X if it meant they did not win the league". Don't get me wrong I absolutely hate Arsenal but the idea they have only been lucky to be 5 clear, its just not real
They're only 2 points clear

You think union saint gilloise are a tougher team than sporting?
Nope , but that's a mute point as they couldn't be drawn together besides the fact that I meant Union Berlin as I said.
Union Saint Gilloise were seeded , just like Arsenal so they couldn't be drawn together,
Sporting , imo, were the weakest of the non seeded teams, with the possible exception of Shaktar but then you have the long distance travelling to consider.
Have a look at who the goons could have drawn and you might just agree.

Last edited:
Don't know why you've got all the likes because I meant Union Berlin as I said.
Union Saint Gilloise were seeded , just like Arsenal and they couldn't be drawn together, so your example is irrelevant.
Sporting , imo, were the weakest of the non seeded teams, with the possible exception of Shaktar but then you have the long distance travelling to consider.
Have a look at who the goons could have drawn and you might just agree.

Fair point.

Back