• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I hope this quote from Keane to Merson on Sky last night is true:
"You can praise Arsenal all you want but this about results and winning football games. You’ll have a sing song on the way back because you lost but played well. Rubbish."

I hope this quote from Keane to Merson on Sky last night is true:
"You can praise Arsenal all you want but this about results and winning football games. You’ll have a sing song on the way back because you lost but played well. Rubbish."

It is true I watched it. Mersin was bigging them up as you’d expect but Keane gave them short shrift.

Im not taking them lightly, we should finish above them still but I think they will be threat. We have a better manager and better forwards I think, but let’s not forget they ran us mighty close last season. They may not have a world class player but other than Xhaka they don’t have many donkeys either. They have some very good players, Odegaard and Martinelli being the standouts.

It is true I watched it. Mersin was bigging them up as you’d expect but Keane gave them short shrift.

Im not taking them lightly, we should finish above them still but I think they will be threat. We have a better manager and better forwards I think, but let’s not forget they ran us mighty close last season. They may not have a world class player but other than Xhaka they don’t have many donkeys either. They have some very good players, Odegaard and Martinelli being the standouts.

They'll win the league from where they are no doubt at all. A shoe in. Anything else arsenal fans should be in uproar. So good they'll win the cl aswell.

(Worked before the utd game).

They ran us mighty close because they played 40 games and we sacked our manager half way through the season because we were terrible! Neither of those things will happen again this season.

They ran us mighty close because they played 40 games and we sacked our manager half way through the season because we were terrible! Neither of those things will happen again this season.

Oh for sure I expect us to improve from last season but I also expect them to as well. Granted they have Europe which they didn’t have last season and I expect us to be above them but we won’t be miles above them.

I checked as I’ve made the comment before about how few games they played
They okayed 38 league games
1 fa cup game
And …. 6 league cup games … and even in the early rounds they went strong. It actually looks like they used the league duo games for fitness

so in total they played 44 games

We played 38 league, 3 fa cup, 5 league cup, 7 European games, so 53 in total or an extra 17% more games

I think we’re all forgetting that they played pretty well in that 2-1 loss at home to Emirates Marketing Project last season. That’s better than finishing 4th imo.
Who’s there
They won that half and that’s all that matters
We should know as we regularly only win one half… admittedly it’s the half that matters

I’ll reiterate, I think we will finish above them as I believe we have better players and a better manager. It’s possible we could finish above them with a game or two to spare. That said, I think they will be in the top 4 with us. Still not convinced about United or Chelsea, hence why I’ve got the goons in the top 4 but I’d love to be wrong.

Back