• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Yeah, they have a couple of very talented forwards in Sanchez and Lacazette, with Giroud, Walcott and Welbeck as other options. That's comparable to anybody else in the league imo. At the back though, they look to have poor options.

comapred to the league as a whole, no doubt its very good (but then so is their defense). but of the top 6, i would argue its only better than lpool. walcott, welbeck? come on

comapred to the league as a whole, no doubt its very good (but then so is their defense). but of the top 6, i would argue its only better than lpool. walcott, welbeck? come on
Not to mention Sanchez being both unhappy there and disliked by the whole team.

Sanchez at Barca is a great player, Sanchez at Arsenal - not so great.

A lot will depend on how Sanchez reacts. He is angry now, but can behave in two ways. He can sulk and be a bad influence, while playing ineffectively, or he can take it as a challenge to show them what he can do before leaving on a free to spite them.

2morqwy.gif

A lot will depend on how Sanchez reacts. He is angry now, but can behave in two ways. He can sulk and be a bad influence, while playing ineffectively, or he can take it as a challenge to show them what he can do before leaving on a free to spite them.

And how the other players react to him still being around. This kind of thing can poison team spirit.

From Popbitch

>> Shirty Sanchez <<
Out on his Arsenal

Alexis Sanchez has been touted around the big clubs of Europe by his people as far back as the second half of last season, but the wage demands were so big that no-one bit. Until now, that is. With a few hours to go on deadline day, Emirates Marketing Project are said to be keen to land him.

But the prime movers in this transfer don't seem to be Sanchez and his agent. Or even Pep Guardiola and Emirates Marketing Project. It's the rest of the Arsenal team. Sanchez has become so unpopular with his teammates that some of them have now made it very clear to club bosses that they want him out today.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11018346/ozil-hits-back-at-arsenal-legends

This has made me laugh Mr Invisible giving it to actual legends of the club

Mesut Ozil tells Arsenal legends to 'stop talking and start supporting' the club

Mesut Ozil has urged former Arsenal players who have criticised the Gunners in the media in recent weeks to get behind the team.

Arsenal have made a miserable start to the season, with last Sunday's 4-0 thrashing by Liverpool leaving them languishing in 16th in table and already six points off Premier League leaders Manchester United.

Ian Wright is just one of a number of Arsenal legends to have publicly expressed his dismay at the current state of affairs at the Emirates Stadium

But in a lengthy Facebook post on the fourth anniversary of his move from Real Madrid, Ozil has called on former players to show more support for Arsenal, pointing to three FA Cup wins in the last four years as an indication things are not as bad as they seem.

"During the last couple of days my DFB [Germany] teammates have been asking me about how everything is at Arsenal at the moment," Ozil wrote

"They claimed to have read about the current crisis through the media, as pundits and former players are commenting on a daily basis. They say that this could be the worst team in years, even decades.

"We have achieved a lot in our four years together [at Arsenal]. Three of the 13 FA Cup victories have been accomplished in the past four years, with the other 10 taking 75 years for the club to win.

"This is in addition to our three Community Shield wins. After all, six titles in four years is quite something. However, this only makes myself and the team even more disappointed for not playing a role in the title race at the end of last season - this is something we hope to change this year.

"Personally I've had to accept a lot of criticism during my time in London. 'Too expensive, too greedy, bad body language, and lacking fight' - this is what people have said about me

"Some of these comments are made by those who do not know me, some are made by former players - both successful and unsuccessful during their time here at the club.

"Although criticism is something that all football players have to deal with, I nevertheless expected legends to behave like legends - my advice to these former Gunners: stop talking and start supporting!"

Ozil's importance to Arsenal is underlined by the fact that he has created more chances over the last two seasons than any other Premier League player.

But his contract expires at the end of this season and the 28-year-old has refused to commit his long-term future to Arsenal.

"Even though I personally do not know how my career will continue after this year, I look forward to my fifth season with Arsenal," he wrote

"This is because Arsenal is a great club with great people and great traditions. I am glad to be able to wear your shirt, Gooners.

"I've had so many great moments in the last four years and I really appreciate what this club means to the people of London, the UK and all over the world."

I insist everyone else shows commitment and gets behind the club, while I refuse a new contract and get ready to f*ck off on a free.

...and lol at having to claim the Community Shield as a title - how far that shambolic joke of a club has fallen.

Long may it continue - and accelerate.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11670/11018346/ozil-hits-back-at-arsenal-legends

This has made me laugh Mr Invisible giving it to actual legends of the club

Mesut Ozil tells Arsenal legends to 'stop talking and start supporting' the club

Mesut Ozil has urged former Arsenal players who have criticised the Gunners in the media in recent weeks to get behind the team.

Arsenal have made a miserable start to the season, with last Sunday's 4-0 thrashing by Liverpool leaving them languishing in 16th in table and already six points off Premier League leaders Manchester United.

Ian Wright is just one of a number of Arsenal legends to have publicly expressed his dismay at the current state of affairs at the Emirates Stadium

But in a lengthy Facebook post on the fourth anniversary of his move from Real Madrid, Ozil has called on former players to show more support for Arsenal, pointing to three FA Cup wins in the last four years as an indication things are not as bad as they seem.

"During the last couple of days my DFB [Germany] teammates have been asking me about how everything is at Arsenal at the moment," Ozil wrote

"They claimed to have read about the current crisis through the media, as pundits and former players are commenting on a daily basis. They say that this could be the worst team in years, even decades.

"We have achieved a lot in our four years together [at Arsenal]. Three of the 13 FA Cup victories have been accomplished in the past four years, with the other 10 taking 75 years for the club to win.

"This is in addition to our three Community Shield wins. After all, six titles in four years is quite something. However, this only makes myself and the team even more disappointed for not playing a role in the title race at the end of last season - this is something we hope to change this year.

"Personally I've had to accept a lot of criticism during my time in London. 'Too expensive, too greedy, bad body language, and lacking fight' - this is what people have said about me

"Some of these comments are made by those who do not know me, some are made by former players - both successful and unsuccessful during their time here at the club.

"Although criticism is something that all football players have to deal with, I nevertheless expected legends to behave like legends - my advice to these former Gunners: stop talking and start supporting!"

Ozil's importance to Arsenal is underlined by the fact that he has created more chances over the last two seasons than any other Premier League player.

But his contract expires at the end of this season and the 28-year-old has refused to commit his long-term future to Arsenal.

"Even though I personally do not know how my career will continue after this year, I look forward to my fifth season with Arsenal," he wrote

"This is because Arsenal is a great club with great people and great traditions. I am glad to be able to wear your shirt, Gooners.

"I've had so many great moments in the last four years and I really appreciate what this club means to the people of London, the UK and all over the world."

I can't believe he failed to mention their Emirates Cup victories.

Compare Walcott and Wellbeck to other clubs 4th/5th options, I think they stand up pretty well. I'd say Giroud is better than Llorente for example. Harry Kane and Dele Ali are a better strike force than Lacazette and Sanchez imo, but the latter two are still up there with the other top clubs. There's a reason City wanted Sanchez.

Compare Walcott and Wellbeck to other clubs 4th/5th options, I think they stand up pretty well. I'd say Giroud is better than Llorente for example. Harry Kane and Dele Ali are a better strike force than Lacazette and Sanchez imo, but the latter two are still up there with the other top clubs. There's a reason City wanted Sanchez.

I agree - being objective and ignoring the rivalry they do have good depth in attacking areas: Sanchez, Ozil, Wellbeck, Walcott, Giroud, Lacazette etc. Nothing much wrong with that in terms of talent. CM is woefully weak though - they spent £30m on Xhaka a year ago, when £30m was a lot of money, and he's a walking liability but is the mainstay of their midfield. The defence isn't much better, and there's no leader there. They should still finish top 6/7 though...downside is that consecutive seasons missing out on the CL might well mean Wenger gets the chop

I agree - being objective and ignoring the rivalry they do have good depth in attacking areas: Sanchez, Ozil, Wellbeck, Walcott, Giroud, Lacazette etc. Nothing much wrong with that in terms of talent. CM is woefully weak though - they spent £30m on Xhaka a year ago, when £30m was a lot of money, and he's a walking liability but is the mainstay of their midfield. The defence isn't much better, and there's no leader there. They should still finish top 6/7 though...downside is that consecutive seasons missing out on the CL might well mean Wenger gets the chop

Yeah, I think the two sitting midfielders (not that they necessarily do that under Wenger) is an area where they struggle -- I couldn't tell you who their best pairing is, only that one of them is Cazorla and it seems he is finished. The rest of them are either average or prefer playing in a different part of the pitch (Ramsey). In terms of their defence, I think their squad is a bit of a mess.

Who might leave at the end of the season? Which contracts ends in a year?

I've read that Ozil and Sanchez will both leave for free, is that right?
Does Cech have another year in him behind *that* defence?
Will Koscielny stay... who is left then, Giroud and Lacazette and a bunch of nowt?

Back