• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

Yes there is mate.
Tell me you don't understand the misery of long-term injury after long-term injury. If you've ever done it one, or known a family member who has, let alone a few times, you'll know that it's a nightmare.

With the money he earns?

No, he'll get over it.

If you offered me an injury plagued top level football career, earning over 30 grand a week, or no football career, i know which one i'd choose.

With the money he earns?

No, he'll get over it.

If you offered me an injury plagued top level football career, earning over 30 grand a week, or no football career, i know which one i'd choose.

OK.

See, if you'd just said the 'football career' bit, I'd get it. But you have just proved my theory that the word 'empathy' is dead in modern society.
People only look at the money.
WTF happened?
For the record, I have known some very wealthy people, and all I will say is, be careful what you wish for.

How many of Arsenal's squad would you dislike if they played for Swansea or someone? Chesney's a c0cky taco, Wheelchair is a chavvy little runt and Walcott is a bit of a smug ponce. The rest just happen to play for the team we don't like.

OK.

See, if you'd just said the 'football career' bit, I'd get it. But you have just proved my theory that the word 'empathy' is dead in modern society.
People only look at the money.
WTF happened?
For the record, I have known some very wealthy people, and all I will say is, be careful what you wish for.

Pretty much this.

If you had a talent, and injuries stopped you performing to the best of your ability at a level like that you'd be devastated. Nothing else to it really.

I have a lot of sympathy for the guy.

To be honest, if Walcott didn't play for the goons I think I'd like him. Humble, quiet natured, hard working. Doesn't really fit in at Arsenal does he.

Apart from the breaking his neck comment bush hill was spot on in his first comment I couldn't give a fudge about him. I couldn't give a fudge about any of their players and if they're injured that's better for us.

Anything that makes scum weaker is fine by me. And sorry steff but once again gordinho is correct - the money will make him better I'm sure.

Now if I'm off for 9 months what do I earn? £100 a week? These tacos shouldn't be earning full pay whilst out injured for that long.

Apart from the breaking his neck comment bush hill was spot on in his first comment I couldn't give a fudge about him. I couldn't give a fudge about any of their players and if they're injured that's better for us.

Anything that makes scum weaker is fine by me. And sorry steff but once again gordinho is correct - the money will make him better I'm sure.

Now if I'm off for 9 months what do I earn? £100 a week? These tacos shouldn't be earning full pay whilst out injured for that long.

You mean Glenroy mate. Gordy didn't comment in this thread. And no, he is NOT necessarily 'correct'...what a thing to say. ALL that money isn't going to get him fit and playing again for a while, and it takes a strong professional who gets chronically injured all the time and cannot ever play regularly, to avoid depression.

I think perhaps we should ask Ledley King if 'all his money' made him feel better for having to quit in his prime.

No problem with people not wanting to feel sympathy, whatever, it's your life and right on...but the 'he's alright because he's got money' line is just gonad*s IMO and not even part of the debate.

You mean Glenroy mate. Gordy didn't comment in this thread. And no, he is NOT necessarily 'correct'...what a thing to say. ALL that money isn't going to get him fit and playing again for a while, and it takes a strong professional who gets chronically injured all the time and cannot ever play regularly, to avoid depression.

I think perhaps we should ask Ledley King if 'all his money' made him feel better for having to quit in his prime.

No problem with people not wanting to feel sympathy, whatever, it's your life and right on...but the 'he's alright because he's got money' line is just gonad*s IMO and not even part of the debate.

Glen yes sorry. Well I don't think it's bollox and nor do a hell of a lot of people when it comes to professional footballers. As a person of course it's horrible and I wouldn't WISH it on anyone. MY points are

A) I am glad that it weakens them
B) and this is the point you seem to disagree on - whilst recuperating he has every single luxury he could wish for - so no I don't feel any sympathy for him as I would Joe Bloggs.

Glen yes sorry. Well I don't think it's bollox and nor do a hell of a lot of people when it comes to professional footballers. As a person of course it's horrible and I wouldn't WISH it on anyone. MY points are

A) I am glad that it weakens them
B) and this is the point you seem to disagree on - whilst recuperating he has every single luxury he could wish for - so no I don't feel any sympathy for him as I would Joe Bloggs.

Every luxury he could wish for. Except the one that he'd want most of all, which would be to be out on the football field and playing with his team mates.

Every luxury he could wish for. Except the one that he'd want most of all, which would be to be out on the football field and playing with his team mates.

In your opinion. If you want to believe that then that's up to you. For all you know he could be loving the fact he's getting paid brick loads of money for doing sod all. Anyway, it's not the point I'm making which is that the money makes everything alright for him.

I wish i had half of his footballing ability, and half the money he earns in a week.

Its hard to sympathise with someone who gets as much as he does.

I use to play cricket for Surrey until i was 18, then i broke my wrist so badly that they let me go. I cant play for too long until it starts hurting, and it fudging kills in the cold months. My cricket career was over before it started, and i haven't got even a third of the money he has. Except i'm happy and getting on with life.

He'll be OK. Bless him.

I wish i had half of his footballing ability, and half the money he earns in a week.

Its hard to sympathise with someone who gets as much as he does.

I use to play cricket for Surrey until i was 18, then i broke my wrist so badly that they let me go. I cant play for too long until it starts hurting, and it fudging kills in the cold months. My cricket career was over before it started, and i haven't got even a third of the money he has. Except i'm happy and getting on with life.

He'll be OK. Bless him.

Whilst your story is apt it's not particularly in context with his. In yours you stopped before cricket became your career, in his football is already his life.

I get the feeling this is mostly anti-arsenal vitriol as this would not be the response to other non-rivel teams, or even our own team. After all, if one of ours gets injured they are still getting paid, yet they would likely get sympathy.

Last edited:
I don't think today's game is a banker for Arsenal. I would not bet against them winning for sure but Reading put up a good display away to United last week only losing by one and had a good chance of a draw with a penalty denied.
Could be we end today with the same gap against Arsenal

To be honest, if Walcott didn't play for the goons I think I'd like him. Humble, quiet natured, hard working. Doesn't really fit in at Arsenal does he.

Wallnut is anything but humble, have you seen him cup his ear to our fans whenever he scores against us. He thinks he is better than he is and has a terrible attitude when it comes to defending.
He's a sprinter who is lucky to be a footballer.

Whilst your story is apt it's not particularly in context with his. In yours you stopped before cricket became your career, in his football is already his life.

Disagree completely with that.

If a footballer plays for 1 year or 5 years or 10 years I would have far more sympathy for one that only got 1 year of career. Way more.

they are still in sight even after our win against the swans - a race to the bitter end!

They would have been looking/hoping/expecting to gain points on us today though, which they obviously didnt

I still think that from a fixture perspective, our big advantage is the final 4 games when they have to play Manure, QPR (who will need to win) and then finish away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Our final four games are, on paper, easier. Ideally we obviously want to stay ahead however even if we were a point or so behind going into the final 4 games, I dont think we're badly positioned

They would have been looking/hoping/expecting to gain points on us today though, which they obviously didnt

I still think that from a fixture perspective, our big advantage is the final 4 games when they have to play Manure, QPR (who will need to win) and then finish away at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Our final four games are, on paper, easier. Ideally we obviously want to stay ahead however even if we were a point or so behind going into the final 4 games, I dont think we're badly positioned

I could be clutching at straws but I think that we might also rise to the challenge of playing three massive games against Everton, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project in consecutive weeks. Kind of like we did against Arsenal and Chelsea and, a little later, Emirates Marketing Project back in 2009-10. We might be more prone to tripping up against supposedly weaker teams - as we did against Fulham.

Our tough schedule might work in our favour.

I could be clutching at straws but I think that we might also rise to the challenge of playing three massive games against Everton, Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project in consecutive weeks. Kind of like we did against Arsenal and Chelsea and, a little later, Emirates Marketing Project back in 2009-10. We might be more prone to tripping up against supposedly weaker teams - as we did against Fulham.

Our tough schedule might work in our favour.

I say this all the time, I really don't think the fixtures matter all that much. We beat United away but also lost at home to Wigan and Fulham. Everyone plays the same teams twice. I remember people saying Arsenal would win the title in 09/10 because they had the easiest run in, but they lost to us, Wigan and Blackburn. It's a cliche but you finish where you deserve to finish.

Back