• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

Id guess in the last 10 seasons English teams would easily rack up enough co-efficient points per campaign to give the PL teams an extra place if that reward offering was in place?.....

Now it IS in place....guess who'll finish 5th in its first year and sadly be let down by a poor showing from their PL 'friends'

Villa ;)

Joking apart, I doubt it would happen, but we could have a scenario where Arsenal or West Ham are in theri respective final and we need them to win for England to get that 5th spot....interesting dilemma

That's what I think too. Although, usually they'd get gifted 2-3 goals in the away game, and be able to play with the B-team at home. Now they have to go full pelt.

Conceição's Porto are solid defensively.. With a lead in hand I think they could go their and do a job, sit in, hit on the counter.. I don't think it'll be as easy for the Goons as people think.

Let's be fair. Arse are such a young youthful side with so much youthful experience we should celebrate this statement defeat as a statement win and not suggest they bottled it or couldn't handle the pressure. No other youthful young raw inexperienced side has ever done as well as they did. They barely have players with top flight experience they are so young. Saka only has 32 England caps, Rice only has 48. Joghino has only won 1 champions league, 1 European championship, 1 UEFA super cup, 1 Europa league, 1 Italian Cup, 1 Italian Super Cup. Odegaard only has 1 Champs league medal, I UEFA super cup, 1 World cup title. And before the Goes played at a team that nobody has heard of called Real Madrid.

Reactions: jrh
Arsenal playing some really good football not just possession and control but creativity and persistent little triangles up front patiently probing and tiring defences out...which leads to a lot of late goals.

If you haven't been watching the full games then you might be excused fof thinking they are lucky. Rice has been literally a solid investment, no soft underbelly anymore and he is contributing to goals and scoring too.

No drop in quality from subs, in fact, subs never seem rusty and can be counted on to add more pressure on the opposing team.

Something turns me off about Arteta, but he has certainly pushed them to a new level of discipline and industry and are deserving title contenders to me.

If you haven't I'd strongly recommend watching a few of their full games to get an idea of how much further we have to go. Of course we are a couple of years behind, but lots of transfers and hard work still needed to match their high levels and consistency.

If you haven't I'd strongly recommend watching a few of their full games to get an idea of how much further we have to go. Of course we are a couple of years behind, but lots of transfers and hard work still needed to match their high levels and consistency.
4 years and £700m to be precise !!

Arsenal playing some really good football not just possession and control but creativity and persistent little triangles up front patiently probing and tiring defences out...which leads to a lot of late goals.

If you haven't been watching the full games then you might be excused fof thinking they are lucky. Rice has been literally a solid investment, no soft underbelly anymore and he is contributing to goals and scoring too.

No drop in quality from subs, in fact, subs never seem rusty and can be counted on to add more pressure on the opposing team.

Something turns me off about Arteta, but he has certainly pushed them to a new level of discipline and industry and are deserving title contenders to me.

Not lucky? They have no injuries, and never get suspensions, because they never get given the yellow/red cards they should have!

Wasn't really paying attention, but wasn't there a VAR check for a penalty for arsenal, and the replays showed a dive, but the conclusion was no penalty, yet no yellow for the dive!?
They can't book him on a VAR review AFAIK. Perhaps the ref could have booked him and then let it go to VAR where, if it was a pen, he could cancel the card.

That said, I don't know where that would leave him if VAR adjudged it was no pen but he didn't dive and just went over unintentionally.

He should have gone but I understand why he didn't.

Reactions: jrh
Back