• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

I had some comments from a very mouthy gooner I work with
He started off by saying who are Spurs losing to tomorrow, blah blah
I responded with, well it's not in your hands now and I got well if we don't win it it doesn't matter as nobody expected us to even be top 4
I said no but like you massively bottled 4th place to us last season this would be even worse as 3 times you have been 8/9 points clear so even if it wasn't expected you have blown it so so badly
No response

I had some comments from a very mouthy gooner I work with
He started off by saying who are Spurs losing to tomorrow, blah blah
I responded with, well it's not in your hands now and I got well if we don't win it it doesn't matter as nobody expected us to even be top 4
I said no but like you massively bottled 4th place to us last season this would be even worse as 3 times you have been 8/9 points clear so even if it wasn't expected you have blown it so so badly
No response
Keep your powder dry.

Even if they finish 2nd they’ve put themselves in a better position to win the league than we ever did during a spell when we were arguably the best team in the league. Is that down to luck or do they demand more of themselves than we do? Maybe some of both.

Even if they finish 2nd they’ve put themselves in a better position to win the league than we ever did during a spell when we were arguably the best team in the league. Is that down to luck or do they demand more of themselves than we do? Maybe some of both.
We were never targeting the title. It was all early for us, but we just so happened to have a great team. They remind me very much of that side
We can judge them at the end of the season

Last Sunday my kids were up visiting for Easter and we went to our local pub for a late lunch and then some live music from a local band who mainly play stuff from the 60s and 70s....

My daughter's partner is a gooner and he was loving it at 1 nil , 2 nil and when the scousers missed a penalty... Me and my son, Spurs of course, were rather happy when they finally equalised...

The game finished and the band were on a break.

Ten minutes later they started up again and the first song they did, and a pure coincidence, was 'Ferry across the Mersey '...

By now we had had a few beers so of course the Spurs contingent had to get up and dance and sing, although nobody else was. My son in-law's face was a picture...

Wonderful.... Come on Emirates Marketing Project....

Hopefully it's just her rebellious stage and she'll grow out of it.

Different circumstances. In the 16/17 season when we were arguably at our peak, we faced a Chelsea team that had no European football and a deeper squad. They were the best team in the league not us and they were playing fewer games. Something we know Antonio Conte teams need. But we pushed them hard. Arsenal have been “lucky” in that their traditional rivals have been so inconsistent this season. They have also been building for a few years and spent a lot more money putting this team together than we did.

Imagine finishing 2nd in a 1 horse race.
Exactly !!!
No doubt the media will do nothing but blow smomke up their arses all summer
The media seems to forget how much they blew 4th last season so am expecting the same should they finish 2nd

It's a funny league this season, we've been absolutely brick all the way through and could have gone third with a win against Everton iirc - that and the fact the relegation battle seems to involve half the league says to me the standard is pretty shocking this season.

Last edited:
Could you imagine if we somehow got 4th and Arsenal finished 2nd, they would have achieved the same as us with the only thing to celebrate is finishing above us.

They should go in to the game v City 7 points ahead - it's only psychological given the games in hand, but that might give them the belief to pull a result out of the bag.

Winner takes all that game

They should go in to the game v City 7 points ahead - it's only psychological given the games in hand, but that might give them the belief to pull a result out of the bag.

Winner takes all that game
They could have gone into Fridays game 11 points clear but bottled 2 wins from totally dominating positions

SSN spent the weekend trying to convince everyone that Arsenal's remaining fixtures are soooo much tougher than City's whilst completely ignoring the 2 stinky away games City finish with.

I'm sure if City win it the SSN ticker at the bottom will read as follows;

*Emirates Marketing Project ARE CHAMPIONS! BUT IN NO WAY DID PLUCKY ARSENAL BOTTLE IT*

Back