• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

The post i replied to was comparing individual players.

The reply:
Zinchenko getting ahead of perisic?
Jesus ahead of kane?
Saliba and gabriel we'll have to see.

My ACTUAL post:
I dont want to sound like them, the deluded lot they are, thinking man for man not a single one of their players would get into our team. Saliba and Gabriel probably in with a shout over Dier or Davies (or Sanchez). Zinchenko at least on par with Sess, Jesus obvs.

I think our depth on the bench is stronger, for sure, and hopefully they'll come unstuck, but let's not pretend they're not a decent XI. They are. With Uefa Cup they have the ability to rest players which we can't as we have CL.

:tearsofjoy: At no point did i say Jesus ahead of Kane or Zinchenko over Perisic so not sure where that came from.

But again, the point still stands, they have a very good First XI. I certainly think we have better depth which is imperative with Europe starting, but again, to assume they're utter tosh and won't be up there challenging is wrong in my view.

The reply:

My ACTUAL post:

:tearsofjoy: At no point did i say Jesus ahead of Kane or Zinchenko over Perisic so not sure where that came from.

But again, the point still stands, they have a very good First XI. I certainly think we have better depth which is imperative with Europe starting, but again, to assume they're utter tosh and won't be up there challenging is wrong in my view.

You were talking about players getting into our team. Then comparing zinchenko to sess. He should be compared to perisic to get in our team. Then you mention jesus. Jesus would not get into our team ahead of kane or son, richarlison starts ahead of him for brazil.

Great match, I enjoyed the battle of the midfield generals. Odegard is a real talent, hope real/barca comes for him.

Eriksen masterclass. What a show and lots of memories. Happy for him... And us. Was fired up proper.

Fernandez looking motivated and his quick thinking triggered many lightning counters.

I don't think the result demonstrated a fragile arsenal side more than how devastating man U can be in quick attacks.

Antony, a high quality addition, lifted the entire attack with his pace and mobility a constant threat.

Looking forward to Spurs vs Man U... will be a great tactical battle.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Fapatalk

it was Billy Hoyle in White Men Can't Jump who said it best. "You'd rather look good and lose than look bad and win".

A lot of people have made comments to Spurs about how poor we've looked, and yes in many cases we have. But i'd rather look bad and win and than, like Arsenal yesterday, look good, and lose. We've had the harder run first 6 and definitely been more Billy Hoyle than Sidney Deane.

Back