• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread - Officially Second In A One Horse Race

I honestly think AFTV is making their club a toxic proposition for players and managers alike.

They (AFTV) are in a sweet spot where the management basically appeases them whenever they complain (Sack Wenger? Absolutely! Spend 150 million to back Emery? Absolutely! Sack Emery? Absolutely! Give it Freddie till the end of the season? Absolutely!). In a way, they get whatever they want, because they're somehow perceived by Arsenal's management as the 'voice' of the club.

The problem is, they're also a bunch of utterly entitled, know-nothing dingdongheads who give supporters' demands and needs in general a bad name. And every time they've demanded something, the outcome has gotten worse and worse and worse for Arsenal. Which suits AFTV, because they make huge amounts of money from all of us tuning in and laughing at the scum's many misfortunes.

It just doesn't suit the actual club they claim to support.

The football world notices that sort of thing these days - players are on social media, clubs monitor social media, managers probably have agents who parse through social media.

And I think they're reaching a nadir, now, where prominent footballers and managers (including possibly Ancelotti) factor their online and offline toxicity into whether they actually go there.

Xhaka flipping them off won't be the last. And maybe Ancelotti decided he'd rather go to a club that would be grateful to have him there (as Everton would be) as opposed to shouting about wanting him dead and gone ('I'M TIRED ROBBIE BLUD') whenever he dares to lose a game.
I'm not saying we would anyway BUT the pure existence of AFTv and the embarrassment it is plus the fact they're our fiercest rivals gaurantees it will never exist at our club.

I'm not saying we would anyway BUT the pure existence of AFTv and the embarrassment it is plus the fact they're our fiercest rivals gaurantees it will never exist at our club.

Thank GHod for that. I don't think we don't have our dingdongheads - and we certainly have our disagreements as a fanbase over everything from Levy to Poch.

But my view is that, like families, like any organization- that stays within the Spurs family, however tenuous it may be. We can argue all we want, but at the end of the day, it stays within the club, and externally, it's Spurs against the world.

I think we still largely are on the right side of that line. And I pray we never get dingdongheads making money off of our struggles while claiming to be Spurs fans, as AFTV does with the scum.

fudge me, I saw some bad performances under Poch but City beat them sleepwalking.

KDM murdered them in first half then City did a little training ground exercise for rest of match.

So was Ancelotti not on the Goons radar or are Everton just the bigger club and hd couldn't refuse?
Unless the Goons criteria is has to have played a few games for the club and have no management experience it is baffling.
Perhaps a watershed moment where the amount of work required to get Goons into top 4, possibly with a limited initial budget and even coming fourth would unlikely to be viewed as a great achievement with the toxic fan base that has already been discussed is just not attractive to the elite group of managers? It’s also clear they didn’t have a plan post Emery despite him being a dead man walking for weeks.
The emergence of us and City has meant that the old Sky 4 can’t just sleepwalk into the top 4 positions and keep the huge competitive advantage CL revenues bring over everyone else.
It also means that clubs need to think longer term, short term fixes and throwing money at the problem are not the answer, even City who are immune to most normal restrictions could suffer depending on who replaces Guardiola and when Aguero leaves, KDB night then fancy a ‘new challenge’. It’s even been shown that it’s possible to get Man United badly wrong!
For us to overcome that income gap, with the hindrance of playing Europa, an even lower transfer budget than we woud have naturally generated and playing away from home is absolutely incredible. I forget it myself sometimes!

I honestly think AFTV is making their club a toxic proposition for players and managers alike.

They (AFTV) are in a sweet spot where the management basically appeases them whenever they complain (Sack Wenger? Absolutely! Spend 150 million to back Emery? Absolutely! Sack Emery? Absolutely! Give it Freddie till the end of the season? Absolutely!). In a way, they get whatever they want, because they're somehow perceived by Arsenal's management as the 'voice' of the club.

The problem is, they're also a bunch of utterly entitled, know-nothing dingdongheads who give supporters' demands and needs in general a bad name. And every time they've demanded something, the outcome has gotten worse and worse and worse for Arsenal. Which suits AFTV, because they make huge amounts of money from all of us tuning in and laughing at the scum's many misfortunes.

The football world notices that sort of thing these days - players are on social media, clubs monitor social media, managers probably have agents who parse through social media.

And I think they're reaching a nadir, now, where prominent footballers and managers (including possibly Ancelotti) factor their online and offline toxicity into whether they actually go there.

Xhaka flipping them off won't be the last. And maybe Ancelotti decided he'd rather go to a club that would be grateful to have him there (as Everton would be) as opposed to shouting about wanting him dead and gone ('I'M TIRED ROBBIE BLUD') whenever he dares to lose a game.

I think you massively over-inflate their influence. They'd hold about as much sway on board decisions as the THST.

I think you massively over-inflate their influence. They'd hold about as much sway on board decisions as the THST.
I think AFTv and THST are fairly similar. Those on AFTv are marginally more intelligent, with a slightly better command of the English language and less of a sense of entitlement though.

Both bring embarrassment and shame to their clubs.

I think AFTv and THST are fairly similar. Those on AFTv are marginally more intelligent, with a slightly better command of the English language and less of a sense of entitlement though.

Both bring embarrassment and shame to their clubs.

Whats THST?

MIK OF TIME
Arsenal stars ‘fear Mikel Arteta is not experienced enough and want Carlo Ancelotti as their next manager’

MIKEL ARTETA would have to win over the Arsenal dressing room who want Carlo Ancelotti if he takes over as manager.

According to reports, the Gunners players want the club to land three-time Champions League-winning coach Ancelotti, 60, instead of their former midfielder.

SunSport understands Arteta, 37, has been offered £5million a year at the North London club, as he attempts to sweep up from the shambles left by Unai Emery.

City are expected to demand a "seven-figure" sum as a release fee after Gunners officials worked until the early hours to thrash out a deal with Arteta.

And former Juventus, AC Milan and Real Madrid boss Ancelotti looks to be heading to Everton after talks with Toffees owner Farhad Moshiri.

According to the Mirror, the Arsenal dressing room has reservations over Arteta's level of experience.

Senior players want Ancelotti in charge, nearly nine years after the Italian left his last job in English football when he was sacked by Chelsea.

PLAY THE LOTTI
But he left his last three jobs — Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Napoli — in strange circumstances, and was accused of not working the Bayern players hard enough.

However, 'Carletto' has won league titles in England, Italy, France and Germany while allowing players to express themselves on the pitch.

Arteta — who played for both Everton and Arsenal after a stint at Rangers — has been earmarked to become a Premier League manager ever since he started working under Pep Guardiola in 2016.

He was one of Pep's first appointments after the former Barcelona and Bayern boss took over at the Etihad and has been quietly waiting in the wings, learning the trade.

Arteta would not have expected the chance for such a big job to come up so soon, but is now set to take over one of English football's biggest clubs.

It still seems utterly bizarre to me that with Arteta and Ancelotti (apparently) going into jobs at Everton and Arsenal, that its Ancelotti going to Everton.

Mental.

And crazy to think Arsenal are going for a complete rookie. As good a coach as he may be, even if he ends up being great - thats an enormous risk right now and will inevitably have teething issues.

For a club like Everton I could understand it, cant attract better, looking long term, need to gamble...

For Arsenal? Its unthinkable really.

Arteta has said his goodbyes at City this morning apparently.

This will either work out for them or be a total fudging disaster.

Spot on. Long live AFTV.

Contender for post of the year! (although it's about arsenal)

Arsenal have an interesting approach to new managers.

The once had great success with Arsene Wenger: Arsenal.

Now they are hoping on Mikel Arteta: Arteta. No other manager came close. Ancelotti

Back