• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

It was a pen, but also a double hit, you could only really tell it was a double hit after a number of replays though, no way the ref and Lino could have been sure without video replays.

LOVELY!!!

Come the summer Ozil, Sanchez, Wheelchair and Cazorla's contracts will have expired and the following will have 12 months remaining on their current deals:

Ramsey
Walcott
Giroud
Welbeck
Monreal
Cech
Ospina
Debuchy
Akpom

i don't really understand what is going on over there - it's almost like when you take over a club on Football Manager with the sole intention of fudging them up, has Wenger lost the plot (rhetorical question that) and decided to fudge them over in return for the last few years of abuse he has been getting? Their squad management is diabolical and verging on gross negligence

don't want to get my hopes up but the short to medium term future for them them looks awful

Come the summer Ozil, Sanchez, Wheelchair and Cazorla's contracts will have expired and the following will have 12 months remaining on their current deals:

Ramsey
Walcott
Giroud
Welbeck
Monreal
Cech
Ospina
Debuchy
Akpom

i don't really understand what is going on over there - it's almost like when you take over a club on Football Manager with the sole intention of fudging them up, has Wenger lost the plot (rhetorical question that) and decided to fudge them over in return for the last few years of abuse he has been getting? Their squad management is diabolical and verging on gross negligence

don't want to get my hopes up but the short to medium term future for them them looks awful

It is absolutely mind-boggling. The wages all those 12 month lefters are on is madness. And they will have to invest. With no-one knowing when Wenger is actually going to leave. Thus no player really convinced. There is no doubt that the lack of another person handling players/players contracts has done them untold damage. David Dein left and they never really replaced him. I think Wenger genuinely believes he can out-Poch us and find the next crop of young stars/youth players to stream through. Which is why the FA Cup defeat will have been especially traumatic for him, because for the most part, none of them showed they were good enough. Compare that to Poch, who has a player we all think in Walker-Peters is the nuts yet Poch does not appear to fully trust him!!!! I hope to hope Wenger stays. My fear is they get Simeone.

Thing is Steff whoever takes over is going to have a mammoth rebuilding job to do squad wise and also to air out the old mans smell that has been left behind, the whole club is seemingly built in his image and it'll take a long long time to move on from that - no doubt Simeone would be a great appointment were they in a stable position, but would he be the one to rebuild? Not so sure - plus it won't be long before United and Chelsea are looking for new managers as well...

It is absolutely mind-boggling. The wages all those 12 month lefters are on is madness. And they will have to invest. With no-one knowing when Wenger is actually going to leave.

Wenger has one year left on his contract after this season. If that situation isn't resolved this summer, then getting any player to sign an extension next season will be even more difficult.

@thfcsteff The FA cup defeat did not show that their youngsters are not good enough. It showed that their second string of experienced players are not good enough. The youngsters did ok. It was the likes of Mertesacker, Debuchy, Elneny, Ospina, Welbeck, Iwobi and Walcott that let them down.

Back