• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Goon Thread

My prediction (not that I get many right) is that when City beat them in the semi, Wenger and the board agree to part company with an announcement on the Monday morning.
Wenger gets to say we never finished them while he was in charge, and his parting gift is that his leaving gives the club the boost to finish on their annual high in the remaining games, making the NLD tougher than it would have been with him still at the helm

My prediction (not that I get many right) is that when City beat them in the semi, Wenger and the board agree to part company with an announcement on the Monday morning.
Wenger gets to say we never finished them while he was in charge, and his parting gift is that his leaving gives the club the boost to finish on their annual high in the remaining games, making the NLD tougher than it would have been with him still at the helm
My prediction is that they near or match us for the next two rounds of games, we absolutely murder them at WHL, ending their chance to finish above us and Wenger gets his marching orders the following morning.

I predict they will beat us at WHL and end our unbeaten record. Gooners laugh and go away happy.They will always say we was the last team to beat you at WHL.

The End

Just realised their next game is another Monday night affair. Away to Middlesbrough.

Sky have yanked their game against Leicester from their schedule in order to make room for our game at Palace.

It's almost too much. Almost.

I was talking to a few gooners (some of the more rational/less rabid ones admittedly) at the weekend and they were full of praise for what we are doing, for the way the club is run, for the good job Levy and Poch are doing, for the way we are building a very good team. When we as fans talk about those things it's with enthusiasm and a sense of excitement for what the future holds. When they were talking it was with despondency, depression and a sense of resignation for what their future holds.
Very crack covering times in which we are living right now.

Indeed. Being the pessmistic bastard that I am, I'm sort of just waiting for something to blow up. Poch goes to Real, Kane, Alli, Lloris follows him, Wenger is sacked at Gooners, and we hire him and get Wheelchair etc. :p

fudging load of macarons.

Some of them I have no idea why they keep featuring. I guess they are characters, to some extent, especially this dude and the blud/fam-guy, but they hardly ever have anything interesting to say, and more often than not are just downright annoying.

But hey, it's Scum TV, what to expect! :p

My prediction is that they near or match us for the next two rounds of games, we absolutely murder them at WHL, ending their chance to finish above us and Wenger gets his marching orders the following morning.

My prediction is that there will be no announcement until the end of the season and then he will sign a new two year contract.

I think we should start a "Wenger to Stay petition". Can you imagine the no. of signature it would get from the likes of us, Cheatski, Manure, Liverpoo and bricky fans

I've got Arsenal mates who say they're turning their back on football, and won't be renewing their season ticket. Another goon said he bets Kane will definitely be playing for someone else next year; I said I'll take that, £50 and the mug shook on it. They say Sanchez isn't their best player, and has thrown his toys out the pram. Can you overdose on schadenfreude? #hugagooner

That is so pathetic and sums up my view of a lot of their fans. I can't understand why you'd ever bother in the first place if you're only interested in reflected glory, and you've got no real interest in the game for its own sake.

That is so pathetic and sums up my view of a lot of their fans. I can't understand why you'd ever bother in the first place if you're only interested in reflected glory, and you've got no real interest in the game for its own sake.

You're writing about the vast majority of "football fans" there, spoon fed Sky 4 since they could crawl, all got the kit but never played an XI a side game on grass.

You're all missing the potential biggie.

As i alluded to earlier,

their lifeline is.....

to beat us in the fa cup final

regardless of what happens in the league (eg we finish 2nd they finish 7th) if that was to happen it would be too much to bare (feel sick just thinking about it).

They are f^cked in the league BUT only have 2 games to win to lift the cup, and it has 'rescued' their season before, but if it was against us it would be so much more personal....its been over 120yrs wait for an all North London final they'd be lording it in their clammy way, and why wouldn't they.

Lets not deny it would be massive.

I'd wager he'll probably put together a string of wins - say, six or so out of their eight remaining games. Get 72-75 odd points, finish 4th, win the FA Cup. Then he'll announce that he's signed a new two-year deal, but also that it will be his last, and that he intends to go full guns for the title or something with a lot of money to be spent this summer to end his career on a high. That'll calm down the fam-blud w*nkers and allow the pro-Wenger people to toss into a sock about how great a servant he is to football and the world more broadly - it'll turn into an extended Stevie G type send-off, even as he continues finishing 4th and being knocked out of everything after spending gazillions on the likes of Granit Xhaka and Lucas Perez.

I'd wager he'll probably put together a string of wins - say, six or so out of their eight remaining games. Get 72-75 odd points, finish 4th, win the FA Cup. Then he'll announce that he's signed a new two-year deal, but also that it will be his last, and that he intends to go full guns for the title or something with a lot of money to be spent this summer to end his career on a high. That'll calm down the fam-blud w*nkers and allow the pro-Wenger people to toss into a sock about how great a servant he is to football and the world more broadly - it'll turn into an extended Stevie G type send-off, even as he continues finishing 4th and being knocked out of everything after spending gazillions on the likes of Granit Xhaka and Lucas Perez.

They would have to do amazing well to finish top 4 now, they would need 2 teams to fudge up, they have the worse GD in top 6 (so even more to make up). The only side in the top 6 I could see bricking the bed from here on in is Pool (without Mane).

FA Cup is possible for them (as any of remaining 4).

I actually think none of that plays out, I think they will win a few games, miss out on top 4, Wenger will re-sign in middle of summer, Sanchez/Ozil will fudge off, they will make some big name signing in summer to appease fans, and next year will be more of the same.

They are where we were 7-10 years ago, its not a player thing, it's club management/strategy/philosophy thing, right now their board doesn't give a fudge about results as long as the profit margin is there, and Wenger does enough to keep that margin going. People bitched when Levy put the CL or out pressure on managers, but it sent a message to the entire club that we had a goal/target.

You're all missing the potential biggie.

As i alluded to earlier,

their lifeline is.....

to beat us in the fa cup final

regardless of what happens in the league (eg we finish 2nd they finish 7th) if that was to happen it would be too much to bare (feel sick just thinking about it).

They are f^cked in the league BUT only have 2 games to win to lift the cup, and it has 'rescued' their season before, but if it was against us it would be so much more personal....its been over 120yrs wait for an all North London final they'd be lording it in their clammy way, and why wouldn't they.

Lets not deny it would be massive.

Them winning the FA Cup and would paper over the cracks for another season. Our progress is real and sustained. I'd be gutted to lose to them in the cup final but they would know that their boasts would be hollow.

If we were to get them in the final (please, GHod) there is no way on this green earth that Poch would allow us to be beaten.

I really want them in the final.

Them winning the FA Cup and would paper over the cracks for another season. Our progress is real and sustained. I'd be gutted to lose to them in the cup final but they would know that their boasts would be hollow.
Oh it definitely will be papering over the cracks. And the upcoming 5 years certainly looks rosier at our end of the 7 sisters rd.

But give over. As a single entity, given at how we are looking at them right here right now, a dying animal. For them to do us in the final would be galling.

They could rightfully claim they've had a better season than us (even if we finish 2nd). Plus we would have lost the biggest game in our history against them. At that moment I wouldn't be thinking 'they're papering over the cracks' I'd be thinking 'they've won another trophy and we look like clams'.

Oh it definitely will be papering over the cracks. And the upcoming 5 years certainly looks rosier at our end of the 7 sisters rd.

But give over. As a single entity, given at how we are looking at them right here right now, a dying animal. For them to do us in the final would be galling.

They could rightfully claim they've had a better season than us (even if we finish 2nd). Plus we would have lost the biggest game in our history against them. At that moment I wouldn't be thinking 'they're papering over the cracks' I'd be thinking 'they've won another trophy and we look like clams'.

It would be gutting. I don't think it would mean that they had a better season than us. As a sign of the quality of a side, the league is a far better barometer than a cup. Not that I an sniffing at winning a cup, that would be lovely.

Back