• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious Tottenham Hotspur against chelscum

The result is academic. We were totally outplayed for most part of the game. Only looked on par once Cheatski brought on the reserve reserves. Dele again showing that he's pretty useless unless we play a very specific system. Really limited player. We're missing some players, but atm the Squad is very thin and lacking quality.
Positives:
- Gollini looked like a decent GK. Calm and composed with his feet and some good saves.
- Stadium is awesome.

That's about it.

You like Stamford Bridge that much?

Gollini's intelligence is clear. Seems like a lovely bloke. And a bit of a leader at the back. Bodes well.

I wonders if I’m going to get a few followers in us getting him in ASAP to succeed Lloris.

maybe not, one pre season game, but that was what I expected from what I’ve seen previous.

solid competent goalkeeper.

good business we have done here, and getting rid of hart.

I wonders if I’m going to get a few followers in us getting him in ASAP to succeed Lloris.

maybe not, one pre season game, but that was what I expected from what I’ve seen previous.

solid competent goalkeeper.

good business we have done here, and getting rid of hart.

Lloris probably has him on shot-stopping. He has that long lightweight frame and fast reactions that probably trump Gollini. But that is just a guess :) If someone were to offer 25m for Hugo, you'd take it right? Invest half in another keeper, and the rest towards upgrading the squad.

Lloris probably has him on shot-stopping. He has that long lightweight frame and fast reactions that probably trump Gollini. But that is just a guess :) If someone were to offer 25m for Hugo, you'd take it right? Invest half in another keeper, and the rest towards upgrading the squad.

yeah, Hugo probably does have him on shot stopping, as much as I’m not enamoured with him, he can and has pulled off ridiculous saves.

however…

I want a keeper who can inspire more confidence in the defence….

decision making, coming for crosses, non poop distribution.

I see no reason to delay the inevitable,Hugo isn’t the future, this guy can be.

I’d take 25mil yes. Most certainly.

yeah, Hugo probably does have him on shot stopping, as much as I’m not enamoured with him, he can and has pulled off ridiculous saves.

however…

I want a keeper who can inspire more confidence in the defence….

decision making, coming for crosses, non poop distribution.

I see no reason to delay the inevitable,Hugo isn’t the future, this guy can be.

I’d take 25mil yes. Most certainly.
Let’s not dumped Hugo too quickly though.

Let’s not dumped Hugo too quickly though.

well I should probably ‘get over’ my thing against Hugo.

I just hate him being our Captain, it’s never felt right for me.

if Hugo ain’t signing and running down his contract, then surely for our benefit it makes sense to use him as back up and bed in Gollini.

Wasn't enamoured with the idea of this pre-season tournament, but it may just be the harder games we need going into a tough start.

My view of tonight
- fudging Chelsea really has a ridiculous squad
- Timo is still brick

For us
- Gollini looks solid, good positioning, quick release of the ball, better distribution than Hugo (if that says anything), both goals were his defense leaving him exposed, two really decent saves.
- Lucas and Son again looked the business
- Dele ok, lost the ball way too many times
- A rusty Aurier in 10 minutes was better than 80 minutes of Doherty
- Dier is still just not good enough, doesn't get the basics right
- Skipp starts for us, good to see him and PEH
- We need Ndombele & Lo Celso back in that midfield
- Good to see Bergwijn get his reward for a few shifts this preseason.

2-2 with that squad at Stamford bridge is a decent result (even if the last 20 or so for Chelsea was B team level)

Wasn't enamoured with the idea of this pre-season tournament, but it may just be the harder games we need going into a tough start.

My view of tonight
- fudging Chelsea really has a ridiculous squad
- Timo is still brick

For us
- Gollini looks solid, good positioning, quick release of the ball, better distribution than Hugo (if that says anything), both goals were his defense leaving him exposed, two really decent saves.
- Lucas and Son again looked the business
- Dele ok, lost the ball way too many times
- A rusty Aurier in 10 minutes was better than 80 minutes of Doherty
- Dier is still just not good enough, doesn't get the basics right
- Skipp starts for us, good to see him and PEH
- We need Ndombele & Lo Celso back in that midfield
- Good to see Bergwijn get his reward for a few shifts this preseason.

2-2 with that squad at Stamford bridge is a decent result (even if the last 20 or so for Chelsea was B team level)

I would largely agree except Lucas was dreadful first-half, so poor, directionless really, there again the whole side was listless. Forget how good Chelsea were, we just didn't;t seem mentally there.

Second-half was greatly improved in terms of approach, spirit and press. I think we're still off the fitness NES wants and thus cannot play the game he wants just yet. I think you're being harsh on Dele, but we will always disagree on this. Doherty was drudgery wasn't he...

I've heard it all now. Sell one of the top keepers in the world for £25m and invest half of it in the squad, £12.5m won't get you diddly squat nowadays.
I thought Harry and his "i can go for £100m" comment was deluded, seems he's not alone.

Really dont like Dele in this 433 formation. He is not a central midfielder.

I thought out Joe Hart replacement was poor for both goals. He should be getting a touch on those shots.
Seems very slow to get down to unexpected shots.

Back