• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The glorious march to CL qualification

I think for us as a club to move forward in all ways, including mentally, we'd do well to remember how silly WE were to let Leicester win it as easily as they did in the end..we can't blame anyone but ourselves for some of those results from February onwards...

I get more mad at thinking about our results vs West Ham and Arsenal for example, than anything that others did to effectively lie down for Leicester:mad:

I still haven't gotten over just how lucky they were that season. So many matches where they were saved by the post or bad refereeing decisions, horrible finishes by the opponents, or scoring on their only chance in the game (like against us at WHL - I think we battered them something like 17-3 shots that game, and they had 1 on target). People say I should let it go and concede that they were better than us that season, but they simply weren't. They were lucky as fudge to win it.
And chavvy Vardy managing the utter fluke of scoring in 11 consecutive EPL games o_O

Erm no, Leicester had the entire league and media on their side. Everything went against us, while everything else went totally for them.

Really the entire league fudged up by doing everything in their power to let Leicester fluke a title.

My thought process is more that I don't feel we've been that good this year, we should have another 12/15 points at least imo, so in a season where we only won 19 games, we must have been, relatively, crap.

I still haven't gotten over just how lucky they were that season. So many matches where they were saved by the post or bad refereeing decisions, horrible finishes by the opponents, or scoring on their only chance in the game (like against us at WHL - I think we battered them something like 17-3 shots that game, and they had 1 on target). People say I should let it go and concede that they were better than us that season, but they simply weren't. They were lucky as fudge to win it.

It could have been worse. Take them out of the equation and it might still have played out that we lost it to @rse on the final day.

It could have been worse. Take them out of the equation and it might still have played out that we lost it to @rse on the final day.

Yes, absolutely. fudging hell, can you imagine being in a position where we could win the league by beating Saudi Sportswashing Machine away only to lose 5-1 and the title to Scum? Jesuuuuus, I might've hung myself. :p

Glendenning is fairly even imo
We can’t keep condemning every pundit that does give Spurs a favourable mention.
It’s childish!

We Just have to suck up and rise above it.
Fairly even - but terrible imho, he doesn't like football.

My thought process is more that I don't feel we've been that good this year, we should have another 12/15 points at least imo, so in a season where we only won 19 games, we must have been, relatively, crap.

brick! We only had 19 wins that entire season! Damn! We have 19 wins now. fudge me, did not know that. Crazy. Sure enough, Leicester were lucky, but we weren't good enough ourselves either, clearly.

When you see that written down it looks like paranoia, but you're right every game they played was like a testimonial for them, refs couldn't wait to give them penalties and became totally blind to Huth and Morgan wrestling players.
Almost makes you wonder if they bought the refs that year, creating some bad karma.

If the new ManUre get 4th, the advert for 'only CL in London' will just have been a season early.

Or half a season early once we've thumped Dortmund

And a win against Leicester on Saturday would surpass our total points haul for half of our seasons in the EPL era!

Looking into that table, it's amazing how effective our new undrawable mentality is. Despite 6 losses, we're well ahead of seasons where we'd lost only 5, 4 or even 3 games at this point.

It reminds me of some cricket analysis that found that, in ODIs, it wasn't the side who hit the most 4s or 6s that won, but rather the one that bowled the most dot balls.

Erm no, Leicester had the entire league and media on their side. Everything went against us, while everything else went totally for them.

Really the entire league fudged up by doing everything in their power to let Leicester fluke a title.

Some of that may be true but WE still paid the price for too many draws and dropping points when we had the chance to go top like @glorygloryeze said against West Ham and Arsenal, they were arguably two of our worst performances that season at a time when we needed to raise our game and/or grind out a result however we could.

Fully agree leicester had elements of good luck but a team that finishes with 70 points in a 20 team league does not deserve to win the title. I’d argue we were more unfortunate the following season when we got 86 points and still finished 7 points behind Chelsea. We were absolutely unbelievable at home, +65 goal difference and still not within a sniff of winning the league, now that’s unlucky.

Winning the league isn’t always about playing better than your rivals, it’s about getting results. I find it hard to say we deserved to win the league when we blew both chances we had when we could have gone top and only finished on 70 points in total, that would have been by far the lowest points total for a title winning side in premier league history. Chelsea and united managed to grind out results and win titles for years even when playing poorly and/or getting lucky decisions, injury time winners etc. IMO we were too conservative in the first half of the season which resulted in a lot of draws, I think we wanted to preserve our unbeaten record at the time rather than go for it and lose.

Looking into that table, it's amazing how effective our new undrawable meteorology is. Despite 6 losses, we're well ahead of seasons where we'd lost only 5, 4 or even 3 games at this point.

It reminds me of some cricket analysis that found that, in ODIs, it wasn't the side who hit the most 4s or 6s that won, but rather the one that bowled the most dot balls.
It's pretty simple math. It's better to win one and lose one, than two draws.

Back