• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

No idea what personal terms were on offer but given Vardy's age and likely short remaining career span, if he has really turned down a pay day at a perennial top 4 club in favour of staying at LCFC, then I have to say fair play to him
It's been reported that Leicester were going to match Arsenal's wage offer. Not bad after only recently signing a new £80k pw contract.

Yes, I can see why this might suggest a full-on medical could be an issue :

'The last time I lifted a weight? Probably that can of Red Bull the other day,' said the Leicester forward.
I don't go to the gym, if I did it will slow me down. I don't go in for weights or anything like that.

On the concoction of nicotine and caffeine, Vardy added: 'It's just something I've always done and they've been checked with the medical team and there's nothing wrong with them.
'I wouldn't call it a diet, the Red Bull was just to wake me up in the morning. It's just standard me, a bit of Red Bull. It's not a regular thing whereby I have a Red Bull every morning.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...lays-effect-nicotine-caffeine-concoction.html

I don't know enough about Wenger to comment on his possible reaction to the above but I have an inkling he would not figure in the Poch top 100 list of potential targets.

Don't suppose Wenger would have been interested in a keeper I played with, he always use to smoke during the game, or numerous players who have had "a tot" before the game.

Don't suppose Wenger would have been interested in a keeper I played with, he always use to smoke during the game, or numerous players who have had "a tot" before the game.

I played in a game where a player came off the bench, straightaway dribbled round 3 or 4 players and slotted the ball in the net, and only realised when he was celebrating that he still had his cigarette in his hand.

Mirror Football ‏@MirrorFootball 18s18 seconds ago
Exclusive: Mikel Arteta agrees deal to join Emirates Marketing Project | @johncrossmirror http://bit.ly/28IzSFg #afc #mcfc

Was linked to us as player/coach a while back.
I'm glad that he didn't come to us. While I always thought he was a good player and have no doubt he will make a good coach, it wouldn't surprise me to see him back at Arsenal at some point in the not too distant future and the last thing we want to be doing is showing him our secrets.

Rumour going round he turned it down after seeing the extent of the medical he'd have had to have undergone

Ray Parlour is supposed to have let that slip on the radio
That sounds like sour grapes from an Arsenal fan to me.... It is a bit embarrassing that a player would rather be at Leicester than Arsenal so they have to try to invent reasons for it. I say fair play to Vardy for choosing to show some loyalty and stay at the club who gave him his chance and made him an England player. I wish there were more players like him.

I've actually seen David Speedie smoking on the pitch during an EPL game. I think it was Coventry-Palace in c.1989. He pulled it out of his sock when he was walking in for halftime.

Did he have a lighter or box of matches down his socks too?

Also maybe an ashtray? Chewing gum?

I played in a game where a player came off the bench, straightaway dribbled round 3 or 4 players and slotted the ball in the net, and only realised when he was celebrating that he still had his cigarette in his hand.

Good to hear Dimitar is still keeping his hand in

Lots of rumors about Kovacic to Liverpool. It's funny, they haven't achieved brick in the past decade, aren't in the CL, yet their name alone and the fact that they have Klopp as their manager right now makes them a more enticing destination than us. OK, they pay higher wages too.

Back