• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Southamptons infrastructure is light years ahead of Evertons and it'll take a long time for Everton to get themselves sorted in that sense - club can't live off being a big name forever

Of course you can not ( no one is suggesting that?) but being a big club gives you the advantage of attracting better players and with the crowds being bigger and the extra income from that and the new owner ( who is suggesting he is willing to invest heavily) then they are in a better position to move forwards ( imo).

Really don't understand this. I wonder if it's a protective move, rather than an ambitious one - Koeman jumping ship because he sees the wheels starting to fall off?
Well I would imagine that Everton will probably double his salary. There is also the possibility that Everton's new owners are promising to invest lots of money in the club for transfer fees?

Southamptons infrastructure is light years ahead of Evertons and it'll take a long time for Everton to get themselves sorted in that sense - club can't live off being a big name forever
While Southampton have a new (but not particularly inspiring) new stadium. Everton still have a higher capacity and are looking to build a new larger ground, whereas Southampton seem to be happy with what they have. Everton also have one of the better academies in the UK, easily in the top 10 and perhaps in the top 5.

While Southampton have a new (but not particularly inspiring) new stadium. Everton still have a higher capacity and are looking to build a new larger ground, whereas Southampton seem to be happy with what they have. Everton also have one of the better academies in the UK, easily in the top 10 and perhaps in the top 5.

When EPL manager have an average lifespan of 1.1 years, I doubt Everton's proposals are a factor for Koeman

Southampton are able to develop St Marys to 55k i read earlier without the need to move site - whether they will have the need to do so in the immediate future remains to be seen though. Behind the scenes they seem as well run as any club in the country from top to bottom, academy, transfer/scouting setup and training complex etc

new owners promising the earth can go one way or the other as anyone following English football should know by now and unless Everton are offering Koeman a wage Southampton can't possibly match i think he'd be better off staying put as i think they are in a much better place on and off the field to progress in the immediate - several years down the line that may be a different story, but in all likelihood both clubs would have moved on to different managers by then anyway

Southampton are ahead of Everton at this current time. However koeman may know something about transfers than we do as in wanyama, sane etc looking to leave

If Leicester are beginning to fall apart, can we trigger Kantes release clause please. 20 mill and he is ours. Thank you.

Everton have been talking about a new ground for some time and it never gets off the ground because they don't have the money. I worked on the project for Tesco and evertIn were getting a free ground but didn't understand how to back it locally

The new owner is only worth £1.2b apparently and he ain't stupid enough to spend 1/4 of that on a shiny new stadium where they will make very little more money from (their fans were the poorest in the eagle from a survey some years ago) and they don't get corporate there either although that could change

Everton's new owner will splash some cash.

So will Southampton....

I really don't get it personally

One has stability and is on the up and the other is in a bit of turmoil in a shocking ground and has no immediate plans in place for a new one... However they will offer him double his money

The other has a new owner but in football terms he ain't that rich. Their is a rumour of Usmanov from Arsenal selling up and taking over with him and that would be a big sea change as he is loaded

So will Southampton....

I really don't get it personally

One has stability and is on the up and the other is in a bit of turmoil in a shocking ground and has no immediate plans in place for a new one... However they will offer him double his money

The other has a new owner but in football terms he ain't that rich. Their is a rumour of Usmanov from Arsenal selling up and taking over with him and that would be a big sea change as he is loaded

There's no more up for Southampton. EL qualification is their ceiling under normal circumstances. Koeman has a long history of jumping ship and maybe Everton are willing to promise him a bit more. Maybe he doesn't want to risk Southampton having a poor season. I don't see Southampton's owner digging into her own pockets any time soon.

I don't believe we were ever seriously in for him tbh.

Always concerns me when a yonug local lad at centre half is sold by Barcelona. Speaks volumes.

Back