• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

Also, we have a surfeit of attacking midfielders at present, but trying Harry at CAM could be worth a shot. He's certainly got all the attributes to be a Siggy-type CAM, save perhaps some unselfishness that can be learnt with enough time.

Id play a 4-2-2-2

---------------------Lloris--------------------
--Walker------Toby-----Wimmer-------Rose
---------------Dier--------Dembele---------------
---------------Eriksen--------Ali-------------------
--------------Sturridge------Kane----------------
I'd be very surprised if Poch started playing a formation like that.

Id play a 4-2-2-2

---------------------Lloris--------------------
--Walker------Toby-----Wimmer-------Rose
---------------Dier--------Dembele---------------
---------------Eriksen--------Ali-------------------
--------------Sturridge------Kane----------------

Maybe a 343/3412

---------------------Lloris-----------------------
---------------Toby-----Wimmer---------------
----------------------Dier------------------------
Walker------Dembele------Alli------------Rose
--------------------Eriksen---------------------
--------------Sturridge----Kane---------------

What would be the advantages of this over what we have now and what would we lose?

A top quality CM, a top quality wide forward and cover for Kane will do.

Henderson can do one and Sturridge is always injured so no thanks.

If we want to actually compete in the champions league we need to sign a couple of top quality players to take us to that next level. Getting rid of Bentaleb and 1 of Carrol and Mason free's up a space in cm and getting rid of Chaldi opens up a wing forward spot.

I know i said about buying just 1 wide forward but I still think go all out and spend £50m on Mahrez and Payet.

We had to bin off the 2 domestic cups this year, we need more/better depth. Also we could have had more injuries and Dembele has that persistent hip issue.

I really thought Bentaleb would step up and be great this year, such a shame. Perhaps this serious knee injury will make him reassess.

What would be the advantages of this over what we have now and what would we lose?

Well with the formation i posted (i dont like 3 at the back) I dont think we would lose anything. We would gain someone capable of 20+ goals a season (if fit) .

Well with the formation i posted (i dont like 3 at the back) I dont think we would lose anything. We would gain someone capable of 20+ goals a season (if fit) .

We often have three at the back when building play from Lloris. My design was aimed at trying to demonstrate the players positions when building play, hence the high positions of Walker and Rose.

First off, I'm not a great fan of having a second striker like Sturridge around Kane, though I do want someone on the right who has some pace and an eye for a goal. So far as the positives go, Sturridge would score more goals and provide a different threat to Lamela. On the downside, I don't imagine him pressing half as hard as Lamela, nor do I think he can supply the assists that Lamela does.

IMHO we need someone somewhere between the two, something that I hoped Son would be (and still could be). I think we could be a much better side with that category of player in that position. Malli is a player we have been linked with quite a bit recently and looks like he could do the job. I want to see us scoring more goals.

Would love to see us hijack Liverpool's move for Gotze. He'd fit the mould of what we need absolutely perfectly.

Can't see Levy sanctioning a move for a player with an injury record like Sturridge has - even if he is undeniably world class when fit.

We had to bin off the 2 domestic cups this year, we need more/better depth. Also we could have had more injuries and Dembele has that persistent hip issue.

I really thought Bentaleb would step up and be great this year, such a shame. Perhaps this serious knee injury will make him reassess.

I agree that we need better quality squad players but the trouble is finding players of better quality than our current squad players who are happy enough to sit on the bench without throwing a tantrum and upsetting morale.

I was quite impressed by Henderson tonight.
His pressing and energy imo was very good.
Half decent corners too.
would like him here and I'm sure Poch could rotate/ provide cover, as he has done all season.

I was quite impressed by Henderson tonight.
His pressing and energy imo was very good.
Half decent corners too.
would like him here and I'm sure Poch could rotate/ provide cover, as he has done all season.

He is busy but lacks a footballing brain

He runs around a lot and works really hard but I haven't seen anything else from him

He reminds me of Mason to be honest

It's very marginal IMO at best

Mason has better vision IMO

Well as we know Stop! Hammer time, but I really do not see the hype about Mason at all. I think a lot of it ( not saying you do) is because he is home grown but at the end of the day the most important thing is the ability and I have not seen a lot from him ( yet).

As I have said elsewhere I hope/think that Poch will improve our CM in the summer and if he does some will have to leave, for me it would be Mason/ Bentaleb but we shall see.

Difficult to know where to improve our team, but better back ups are needed for CF and DM. Those two positions should be our priority IMO. The Dembele lad would be one - maybe Berahino or Batyboy. Wanyama or the Leicester Dynamo would be excellent additions too and stop Wenger getting them!

Back