• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Game Is About Glory - Oops!...We Did It Again

milo

Jack L. Jones
Season 2 Episode 36

This week @thfcsteff, @milo and @awesome dawson look back at the monumental win over Emirates Marketing Project at Eastlands, purr over Kane's perfect performance, wax lyrical for the umpteenth time on why we love Eric Dier, creates acronyms from that 95th winner, looks at mis-contextualising Antonio AND finds time to celebrate the legend that is Benoit Assou Ekotto. The patch is fixed and it WAS all real as you will hear...

Apple Podcasts

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-game-is-about-glory/id1549996381

Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/show/2TL6nSBfDK0Dn7laU2Vcqp?si=zwUheITvQnSIyqyzKR0CE

Google Podcasts

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...2ahUKEwizwpz19K3vAhWD0YUKHf7ZBcgQ9sEGegQIARAC

RSS Feed

https://feeds.acast.com/public/shows/5ff4636ed6e3f1135f46f0cb

this pod is going downhill, seriously a britney spears ref as an episode title ??? Cold play would've been better, eh Milo ? Lol

Anyhoo, a nice 'out walking' listen, first film hmmm Rocky? Star Wars at Leicester Square quarreling with my friend that Darth Vader was still alive at the end... I also remember being a member of the Disney club and used to watch re runs of Robin Hood at Odeon Marble Arch

Good on Romero being suspended by FIFA (lol)

Conte coming out against the media, hmmm he should already and be wary of what they do, so i'm not sold on the misunderstanding

Loved Benny's relationship with the club, he had a couple of outstanding moments but it was all hair

The City game showed we were all up for it and fully focused and we have the players to carry out the game plan and the mentality to go for the win, but Emirates Marketing Project will be more open that most other teams, we do indeed struggle against those sitting back

i'm passing on a name for the passing sequence acronym... think you already had a couple

All the pundits! But I love listening to Glenn when the talks about us, a fount of footy experience and wisdom, good to see him healthy

Positive - the team showed everyone, I mean everyone, that they could beat Emirates Marketing Project away, again!! There is hope yet!

Negative - we have another game so soon... but actually it's a hidden positive and we bounce back to winning ways #COYS

Cheers guys, always good fun to listen to differing ideas, opinions and good banter

this pod is going downhill, seriously a britney spears ref as an episode title ??? Cold play would've been better, eh Milo ? Lol

bsi.gif

#TeamBritney

Great listen again lads. Particularly great after a win like that of course.

I really like the intro questions usually. A bit of other stuff, more personal. For this particular one I was just waiting for you to get to the City game and could barely pay attention to anything before that.

If you're open to feedback I would think about scrapping/postponing the intro bit after a big win/news like this, or make it directly relevant to that experience. "What's the dumbest thing you've done when celebrating a great win" or something in that direction.

Others may enjoy settling in to the routine of the podcast, just my personal experience. So absolutely ignore this point if you disagree.

Keep up the good work! Hope you manage to keep it a fun experience for you lot and keep delivering these podcasts like this.

Cheers @braineclipse - the format and sequence of sections is certainly something that we've discussed before and look at regularly. We'll definitely be looking at that again soon and your feedback is really appreciated. Thanks

Excellent as usual!

With brain on the point about the ordering of things, the questions are great for personalising the pod but think it may be better placed after going over the relevant performances and key news.

I do feel you guys are a little harsh on the “online fanbase” ie the drama queens on here (myself occasionally being one of them!). There’s a middle ground between frothing at the mouth / going hysterical at out of context quotes and being totally impervious to it. Sometimes people do take what they want to hear out of things but I do think Conte has an unusual way with words that mean it’s open to interpretation. Communication with the team is paramount but given his history I don’t think concerns with some things he said are entirely unfounded.

Gotta love Benny as well, in my eyes it was a shame he couldn’t keep up the kind of form he had with us after he left, iirc he was strongly linked with PSG the season before he moved on, wonder if it injuries took their toll.

I do feel you guys are a little harsh on the “online fanbase” ie the drama queens on here (myself occasionally being one of them!). There’s a middle ground between frothing at the mouth / going hysterical at out of context quotes and being totally impervious to it. Sometimes people do take what they want to hear out of things but I do think Conte has an unusual way with words that mean it’s open to interpretation. Communication with the team is paramount but given his history I don’t think concerns with some things he said are entirely unfounded.

My comments about online fans were about the response on Twitter. I didn't follow the conversation on here.

My comments about online fans were about the response on Twitter. I didn't follow the conversation on here.

I’m not a twitter user but I imagine there’s a similarity in a tendency to get carried away in and amongst the highs and lows. It’s more about positivity/ negativity than whichever medium as they’re all quite similar when all is said and done. Some people love to moan and it often seems unproductive but the moaning about people moaning also is an odd one as well.

I’m with you on things being truncated to be as devisive as possible, it’s sort of like the opposite of Equilibrium (which I watched recently), instead of banning emotion it’s trying to draw out both ends of the spectrum at 110% all of the time..

I’m not a twitter user but I imagine there’s a similarity in a tendency to get carried away in and amongst the highs and lows. It’s more about positivity/ negativity than whichever medium as they’re all quite similar when all is said and done. Some people love to moan and it often seems unproductive but the moaning about people moaning also is an odd one as well.

I’m with you on things being truncated to be as devisive as possible, it’s sort of like the opposite of Equilibrium (which I watched recently), instead of banning emotion it’s trying to draw out both ends of the spectrum at 110% all of the time..

There's a lot more people and a lot more noise. Most of the misreporting starts off there because people are chasing clicks.

Excellent as usual!

With brain on the point about the ordering of things, the questions are great for personalising the pod but think it may be better placed after going over the relevant performances and key news.

Gotta love Benny as well, in my eyes it was a shame he couldn’t keep up the kind of form he had with us after he left, iirc he was strongly linked with PSG the season before he moved on, wonder if it injuries took their toll.
I don't think any ire is directed towards this forum. Apart from the OMTs that obviously can get a little emotional, the debate is good, and that's probably because compared to other platforms in modern times, is somewhat long form.

I don't think any ire is directed towards this forum. Apart from the OMTs that obviously can get a little emotional, the debate is good, and that's probably because compared to other platforms in modern times, is somewhat long form.

I wasn’t intending to suggest that there were shots fired at this forum specifically, more that it felt to me like quite a binary view of those who were reacting to Conte’s previous comments negatively as being reeled in by the media on a false narrative. Take the post match comments tonight, it seems like more wood being thrown on the fire but fingers crossed I’m wrong.

Honestly part of this may be my own suspicion/bitterness relating to us preaching patience but considering the rest of the season as a write off meaning we only have Conte for 12 months come the summer. It’s not a helpful / positive view to share currently but it seems like we may be a better fit for a project manager with a long term view. This is probably an oversimplification but succeeding at Chelsea doesn’t guarantee the skillet needed to succeed with Spurs...

I wasn’t intending to suggest that there were shots fired at this forum specifically, more that it felt to me like quite a binary view of those who were reacting to Conte’s previous comments negatively as being reeled in by the media on a false narrative. Take the post match comments tonight, it seems like more wood being thrown on the fire but fingers crossed I’m wrong.

Honestly part of this may be my own suspicion/bitterness relating to us preaching patience but considering the rest of the season as a write off meaning we only have Conte for 12 months come the summer. It’s not a helpful / positive view to share currently but it seems like we may be a better fit for a project manager with a long term view. This is probably an oversimplification but succeeding at Chelsea doesn’t guarantee the skillet needed to succeed with Spurs...

Great to have this conversation as I think it is massive, and equally great we COULD have it in the manner we have. Thanks for listening and thanks for your POV, which I will most certainly think about. FWIW I think what you have said re:managers has some legs-for-thought.

Back