• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats not right. Its via the government's COVID Corporate Financing Facility (CCFF) and is to offset lost revenues from last of matchdays. Announcement and the details form the BoE website below. We cant use it to buy players and there are general restrictions on paying dividends etc but thats about it

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/ne...-the-covid-corporate-financing-facility-ccff/

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/markets/covid-corporate-financing-facility

It is right, it’s for income with the ground
Eg match day revenue as you say. It’s not for player transfers which again i said earlier, so
What do you think is wrong?
The clubs loan is in the name of the stadium ownership entity, not the sporting side

It is right, it’s for income with the ground
Eg match day revenue as you say. It’s not for player transfers which again i said earlier, so
What do you think is wrong?
The clubs loan is in the name of the stadium ownership entity, not the sporting side

OK, when you said 'ground' it sounded like building, improvements, construction etc. The loans are just to fill in for lost revenue, wherever that comes from. I assume that our commercial revenue from merchandise etc has taken a hit over recent months too

OK, when you said 'ground' it sounded like building, improvements, construction etc. The loans are just to fill in for lost revenue, wherever that comes from. I assume that our commercial revenue from merchandise etc has taken a hit over recent months too

I don’t think we can use it for that per se as that may be trade that would be put through another entity (I honestly don’t know)
We would evidence what income comes through the stadium limited and that’s what we can use it for. The thing people forget is our cost base for the stadium will have reduced too. It may not be mega money but we won’t have to pay out for food, staff costs for certain elements (casual staff), energy elements too won’t be getting the same use and some upkeep as the wear and tear will be reduced. It will be nothing can the profit we don’t get but it’s still something

I don’t think we can use it for that per se as that may be trade that would be put through another entity (I honestly don’t know)
We would evidence what income comes through the stadium limited and that’s what we can use it for. The thing people forget is our cost base for the stadium will have reduced too. It may not be mega money but we won’t have to pay out for food, staff costs for certain elements (casual staff), energy elements too won’t be getting the same use and some upkeep as the wear and tear will be reduced. It will be nothing can the profit we don’t get but it’s still something

I'm pretty certain we could. The Covid schemes which i've applied for as a director of other companies has minimal restrictions apart from paying bonuses, dividends etc. I've not read the documentation regaring this scheme, but I'd imagine its similar

I'm pretty certain we could. The Covid schemes which i've applied for as a director of other companies has minimal restrictions apart from paying bonuses, dividends etc. I've not read the documentation regaring this scheme, but I'd imagine its similar

Have you been playing for loans of this level?
I’d be stunned if we could use it for anything that could be diverted into the playing side of the business

Have you been playing for loans of this level?
I’d be stunned if we could use it for anything that could be diverted into the playing side of the business

We cant use it for transfers, but I'm sure we could use it to pay wages

The experience I have is of the Future Fund, which is for early-stage companies and a cap of £5m. The scheme which Spurs has accessed is for mature businesses so bigger numbers and different structure/instrument

We cant use it for transfers, but I'm sure we could use it to pay wages

The experience I have is of the Future Fund, which is for early-stage companies and a cap of £5m. The scheme which Spurs has accessed is for mature businesses so bigger numbers and different structure/instrument
Why did we take the loan out under the stadium business then?
That contradicts everything I’ve read (I’ll see what I can dig out but it’s a few gov finance people who have shared it who I know on linked in)

But the loan is opex for the ground and it’s running of, not for the football side
I’ve read some articles on it from finance entities through work and also on LinkedIn through some trusted people
It makes sense for the loan to be taken out by the stadium business as that is the business that will be losing its income.... season ticket refunds @ 5 19ths of total ST revenue this season - £12 million?. Probably a similar amount again for corporate tickets. £15 to £20 million of revenue from other events. £5 million from catering, also sponsorship reductions. That’s £35 million or so for the last quarter of this season. I expect the £175m is a worst case assumption of the whole of next season also being behind closed doors.

The upside is that this possibly indicates that our stadium is worth close to £140m of revenue per season.

It makes sense for the loan to be taken out by the stadium business as that is the business that will be losing its income.... season ticket refunds @ 5 19ths of total ST revenue this season - £12 million?. Probably a similar amount again for corporate tickets. £15 to £20 million of revenue from other events. £5 million from catering, also sponsorship reductions. That’s £35 million or so for the last quarter of this season. I expect the £175m is a worst case assumption of the whole of next season also being behind closed doors.

The upside is that this possibly indicates that our stadium is worth close to £140m of revenue per season.
Which is what I’ve said for a while
The stadium income is crazy, but then it should be by its nature for the investment made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back