• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The FA Cup 2017/2018

Studs up straight leg is a dangerous tackle. It is not an outrageous decision.

I agree, not an outrageous decision, my reaction was yellow card though. Overall it's the players fault for giving the ref a decision to make with a needless tackle.

Did the ref take a yellow out first and change his mind?
He did. Never seen that before.

Pretty clear red for me, can't see too many realistic complaints about that. Guess Guardiola felt Wigan influenced the referee, but that's just ridiculous. Seems pretty obvious that the ref got a message from the assistant. And made the right decision.

Seeing Guardiola like that is rather entertaining.

He did. Never seen that before.

Pretty clear red for me, can't see too many realistic complaints about that. Guess Guardiola felt Wigan influenced the referee, but that's just ridiculous. Seems pretty obvious that the ref got a message from the assistant. And made the right decision.

Seeing Guardiola like that is rather entertaining.
I missed it because I was moaning to my (disinterested) family that the ref bottled it ;)

How on earth could anyone claim to know that it was the result of player pressure and not the result of the ref getting a message from the assistant?

For a ref at this level to take out the yellow and then change his mind based on player pressure seems absolutely ridiculous. The much more obvious explanation is a message from the assistant, who was very close to the situation and had a clear view of it.

Back