• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Effect of the Crowd

SpurMeUp

Jimmy Cantrell
How much do the fans in the stands hearing about other results effect the players on the pitch?

After we scored the Gooners were bricking it.

Had we scored earlier, what would the effect been on the Arse game?

I know this is the ultimate head banging exercise, its pointless - we had a good season, there is more to come...get over today. But you do wonder. Had the ref given one of those pens and us gone into 4th, before arse scored, what would have been the effect on their game?

They may have scored 7. We'll never know of course.

I think that had we gone two nil up it would have made a lot of difference. Just finished watching the game on TV and I cannot believe the referee. Shocker

Its going to go down as another of those what if moments that Tottenham fans seem all to often to be part of. Even with them 1-0 and us being 2-0 up they would have got nervous for the last 30mins that's for sure.

At one point in the match the crowd starting cheering as if they were told Saudi Sportswashing Machine had equalised, Dawson after the game even thought we had qualified for the Champions League because of the crowd, we raised our game and eventually got our goal.

I do think if we went into half time a goal up, Arsenal would have got very nervous. I still think they'd have ended up winning but I don't think they'd have got there goal as early as they did and they probably would have ended up getting a penalty.

[video=youtube;xOnBc30qbq4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xOnBc30qbq4[/video]

I thought AVB was classy in his handling of it. Didn't moan or bitch, but said it was very disappointing from the ref.

We were effected by the pressure today - we didn't play the game but the occasion. Arse would have been effected had we taken the lead. It would have made them desperate - as we were for most of our game!

But its all done now. We can be extremely happy with the best season we've ever had in the Prem era. We've looked more like a top team than in recent memory. And with this experience, we will kick on. We have been and will hopefully continue to be a club on the up.

clutching at straws much:lol:. Gooners were winning their games regardless of us being 0-1 down, 0-4 down, 3-0 up, 6-0 up...they had a job to do and they did it.

Back