• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Cricket Thread

England team: Alastair Cook, Mark Stoneman, James Vince, Joe Root (capt), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, Jake Ball, James Anderson.

Hmmmm. This could be tough. Aussies aren't great either. Worth a bet on less than 1000 runs in the test.

England team: Alastair Cook, Mark Stoneman, James Vince, Joe Root (capt), Dawid Malan, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Stuart Broad, Jake Ball, James Anderson.

Hmmmm. This could be tough. Aussies aren't great either. Worth a bet on less than 1000 runs in the test.

Think you're right, neither side looks overly strong to me, but hopefully that should make for an interesting contest & series.

Very good partnership between Stoneman and Vince shame the former just got out to a ripper from Cummings, big session this for both teams

Silly run out there, no need for it really

Shame he didn't make the century. Super fielding though.

Not sure I agree with dropping Bairstow to no.7, but saying that some quick runs now (which I guess is the thinking with Ali) to recover from losing a couple will bounce the pressure straight back at the aussies. Might actually be a shrewd move.

I think today is a better day than it looks

First day of ashes there you bat first and make sure you set the tone and we dug in and from now it gets slightly easier, the worse thing would have been to bowl first OR to bat today and get skittled which would have set a tone of us being rolled.

I think this is going to be Spicy

The last time we won at the Gabba we were 196/4 at the close on day 1

Botham came in and smashed a ton the next day and put us in command, over to you Ali or Bairstow/Woakes

I think today is a better day than it looks

First day of ashes there you bat first and make sure you set the tone and we dug in and from now it gets slightly easier, the worse thing would have been to bowl first OR to bat today and get skittled which would have set a tone of us being rolled.

I think this is going to be Spicy

Yes, especially when you break it down and consider Cook going so early for practically nothing, and later on the captain going for not very many more. Stoneman and Vince did excellently it has to be said, bearing in mind their combined lack of experience and the hostile surroundings.

Yes, especially when you break it down and consider Cook going so early for practically nothing, and later on the captain going for not very many more. Stoneman and Vince did excellently it has to be said, bearing in mind their combined lack of experience and the hostile surroundings.

Exactly, its set the marker big time that the new boys are not rabbits.

I know at 200/4 it does not look on paper a good day but Brisbane the key is to bat first, not get skittled and it gets easier for the team batting first as the game goes on. Huge toss to win

Exactly, its set the marker big time that the new boys are not rabbits.

I know at 200/4 it does not look on paper a good day but Brisbane the key is to bat first, not get skittled and it gets easier for the team batting first as the game goes on. Huge toss to win
There's already plenty there for the spinners. If Ali is on form then day 4 could be a lot of fun for him.

I always look forward to the Ashes, but when they're in Australia it reminds me just how much it's not a sport for gentlemen any more.

There's more trash talk than a Tyson Fury weigh in! I hate boxing now!
Detracts from the contest big time IMHO its childish and its getting worse. That and winging Australian accents from a so called commentary teams, it hasnt got much going for it.

Most of the Australian team need start acting like adults. Ben Stokes must have been giving them some tips in motivational behavior.

Last edited:
I hate the trash talking in boxing because like Mayweather v Conor it takes the fans for idiots, we all see through the brick. Trash talk does not sell, people want to see the best v the best or a spectacle.

The Aussies go over the top on the banter, I think Lyon is an underrated bowler but what is he doing with what he is saying? Compare to Ali and you get my point.

I hate the trash talking in boxing because like Mayweather v Conor it takes the fans for idiots, we all see through the brick. Trash talk does not sell, people want to see the best v the best or a spectacle.

The Aussies go over the top on the banter, I think Lyon is an underrated bowler but what is he doing with what he is saying? Compare to Ali and you get my point.

Lyon is a good bowler and truly I don't think he is underrated except in his head maybe. Just shut up and play. That goes for every player out there. quite pleased Ben is not gone out because he can't keep his trap shut.

Lyon is a good bowler and truly I don't think he is underrated except in his head maybe. Just shut up and play. That goes for every player out there. quite pleased Ben is not gone out because he can't keep his trap shut.
He's practically a lord by Aussie standards.

Their idea of a gentleman is someone who uses his backhand slap to knock the brick out of his wife.

Stokes getting out there would be great.

Right now though, I know if I stay up for the first few overs I will end up not sleeping and tomorrow's working from home day will be as productive as our front 3 were against Arse the other day

Back