• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The build-up to World Cup 2014 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having said that about sterling, Sturridge and Sterling are useless against deep defences like Denmark's.

Suarez is a different animal of course

Ox coming on, so no run out for the man who actually got England to the finals tonight then? A bit disappointed at that.

I don't lallana is good enough to be a starter for any of Arsenal, City, Chelsea tbh. and i dont think hes good enough for manu, us, lpool considering the level these teams want to be at.

nice cruyff turn nonetheless tho.

I think Lallana could be useful at any of those clubs

agree. but so could a whole host of players. for me he's probably in the clint dempsey ball park. A very good player in the premier league that has hit a superb run of form. but is probably slightly short of being a genuine top 4 starter.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

No glaring shortcomings, but doesn't really excel at anything. Kind of like Jenas, if he'd been an arrogant ****.

Strange analysis / comparison - I think he has a pretty clear stand-out attribute, which is his dribbling from central midfield.

Easy to see why they reckon he looks even better than Bale did at that age. He'll surely be on his way to Manchester come Summer.

It's weird isn't it. Can you imagine Shaw moving on to play right wing and scoring 30 odd goals in one season?

Then again, who would have thought that from an 18 year old Bale!!

Hart: 8 - two very good saves, looks good again
Johnson: 6 - gave the ball away a lot, looks to have gone downhill
Cahill: 7 - some vital interceptions
Smalling: 6 - worst passer I've ever seen for England and not a great defender, either!
Cole: 7 - played well in his 45
Henderson: 6 - didn't have much space to operate in
Gerrard: 7 - some nice passes
Wheelchair: 5 - six for anyone else but he gets a mark lower. Exaggerated his injury too, the melodramatic prat
Sterling: 8 - good choice for MotM for once from Andy Townsend, I really like him
Rooney: 6 - poor, kept slowing the play down
Sturridge: 7 - wasted out wide, scored the winner, nice header

Shaw: 8 - thought he linked up very well indeed with Sterling
Lallana: 8 - gamechanger, very talented footballer
Welbeck: 7 - did quite well when he came on
Oxlade-Chamberlain: 5 - some woeful touches and passes in a short space of time
Townsend and Milner: n/a

Really ****ing boring match.

Strange analysis / comparison - I think he has a pretty clear stand-out attribute, which is his dribbling from central midfield.

Never seen him do anything useful. As others have said, mostly noticeable when he falls over.

Again Wheelchair was simply awful, he needs to concentrate on playing football rather than being an angry young man all of his life...

Did anyone watch ROI - Serbia last night? Please please can we sign that kid Markovic from Benfica before Chelsea snaps him up. Incredible technique, vision and speed. If you don't know who he is, you'll find out when we play Benfica!

The kid has Messi-like moves:

[video=youtube;EXcJAaHykYs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXcJAaHykYs[/video]

Last edited:
Again Wheelchair was simply awful, he needs to concentrate on playing football rather than being an angry young man all of his life...

I think he thinks his place is guaranteed, he could be in for a shock. No more than a passenger last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back