• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - left wing forward

Who is the best left wing forward to play for Spurs in the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't see Gionla play but I struggle to believe that anything could bring as much joy or satisfaction as having Bale storm down the wing with the ball at his feet leaving opponents for dead. At times it almost made me feel as if we were cheating having such a huge advantage over opponents.

In that last season he had wherever he was on the pitch it seemed like he could not be stopped. He may have been a machine but he was a goal machine which IMO is always endearing.

The thing with Ginola is that most of the time his moments of genius were all we could take from the game as we were crap.

Bale, obviously. Miles better than Ginola, who has got to be one of the most overrated players in Tottenham history. I liked him, of course, but as pointed out, he shone because everyone else we had were so insanely crap.

Bale, obviously. Miles better than Ginola, who has got to be one of the most overrated players in Tottenham history. I liked him, of course, but as pointed out, he shone because everyone else we had were so insanely crap.

I agree he was, a show pony who only played for himself.

But we loved him nonetheless, and at a very depressing time for our club, those dancing feet brought such joy.

he was very good in some games, average in most and poor in several. I have heard some say he was a genius but the best club he ever played for was us. Players who are world class ( and you get the impression he with others think he was) then shurly he should have done better then play in such a poor side ( which we were then).

I didn't see Gionla play but I struggle to believe that anything could bring as much joy or satisfaction as having Bale storm down the wing with the ball at his feet leaving opponents for dead. At times it almost made me feel as if we were cheating having such a huge advantage over opponents.

In that last season he had wherever he was on the pitch it seemed like he could not be stopped. He may have been a machine but he was a goal machine which IMO is always endearing.

I agree with your assessment of Bale, but you have to remember that Bale was a very good player in a very good team. David Ginola was for a long time our only shining beacon of light in an extreme abyss of darkness. And he was able to create sparks of brilliance that could almost make one forget that. For that, I'll love him 'till the end of time.

Ginola - Ginola. IIRC he also won player of the season - didnt he? We have been blessed with good left wing players.

Is our shortlist?

Ginola
Bale

Or should we include anyone else now. You've got half an hour before I add the poll.

Haha exactly I feel a few who vote for Bale didn't see Ginola play. Kids huh?

Ginola was class absolute class. Above Bale for me. A scum season ticket holder once said to me he'd pay to see Ginola play he was that good!

I love a debate but to compare the two is almost impossible. With Ginola he was a player that had the same mentality of Spurs back then ... turn up when you feel like it. If you do something special the fans would swallow it and it will be all good.

Bale was determined and probably did not have the same skill set as Ginola. Put Bale in that team that Ginola played in and vice versa to start this debate.

Ginola would have thrived playing alongside VDV Modric etc Dont think Bale would have faired any better than Ginola playing under Graham etc.

Bale takes the left position.

I'll start the striker thread tonight and include our line up so far.

Back