• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best Spurs team of the PL era - left wing forward

Who is the best left wing forward to play for Spurs in the Premier League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
A quick recap of what we are doing

Right. It's time to stop moping and choose the best Spurs team of the Premier League era.

We'll have a different thread for each position over the coming weeks. The thread will be open for a while for nominations and the most frequently mentioned players will be going into a poll on the same thread.

The only criteria to be nominated is that the player must have played for Spurs in the Premier League.

The team will line up 4-2-3-1.

Reminiscing about favourite players past and present is encouraged.

Anyone who comes into the thread, doesn't read what we're doing and posts their full best team of all time, gets laughed at.

The eighth position up for grabs - left midfield, left wing, left inside forward, left wing forward or inside left, take your pick.

Who you think is best? A poll will be added when it looks like we have a few players to pick between.

Bale and Ginola are obviously the two standouts, with an honourable mention for Barmby and possibly Malbranque.

Bale and Ginola are obviously the two standouts, with an honourable mention for Barmby and possibly Malbranque.

Agree.

It's long been a problem position of ours and only 2 players have properly excelled there. Barmby and Malbranque also seem the pick of the also rans.

Ginola gave me more joy than Bale. He was a proper Spurs player, a genuine flair player. Bale was almost too machine like to be as endearing

Ginola gave me more joy than Bale. He was a proper Spurs player, a genuine flair player. Bale was almost too machine like to be as endearing
Ginola was a magnificent entertainer but one who played mainly for himself. When on the ball he'd keep it rather than bring others into play, but when he lost it that would be that, you rarely saw him tracking back or helping out in defence. Bale was also brilliant on the ball but overall he was much more the team player whose contributions all around the park helped bring out the best in those around him.

Ginola was a good player in a very poor side and he was a show pony, Bale was at least one class above him.

Andy Turner. The brightest stars burn out the quickest. ;)

I saw him make if not his first game it was one of his first games for us, it was against Utd and he tore Irwin ( who was probably the best RB around) to pieces and i said to my lad he is going to be a top player ( never turned out that way though).

Ginola was magnificent, a pleasure to watch, a bright light in a squad of despair, capable of winning a game single handedly.

But he's wasn't half the player Bale was.

I saw him make if not his first game it was one of his first games for us, it was against Utd and he tore Irwin ( who was probably the best RB around) to pieces and i said to my lad he is going to be a top player ( never turned out that way though).

He was excellent in a couple of our 1992 CWC campaign matches too.

Is it just a two horse race between Ginola and Bale or is there support for Barmby and Malbranque being added to the list? Is there anyone else?

Ah, but Jose Dominguez has to be on the list! :)
or, not.

Bale and Ginola has that position nailed down between them.

I didn't see Gionla play but I struggle to believe that anything could bring as much joy or satisfaction as having Bale storm down the wing with the ball at his feet leaving opponents for dead. At times it almost made me feel as if we were cheating having such a huge advantage over opponents.

In that last season he had wherever he was on the pitch it seemed like he could not be stopped. He may have been a machine but he was a goal machine which IMO is always endearing.

Back