• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best club side ever

milo

Jack L. Jones
Watching the City v Barca game tonight got me thinking about how amazing the Barca side of a couple of season ago was but which is the greatest club side of all time (team/season or years)?

The current Bayern side must be close - they're only going to get better too.

Toni Kroos is going to get better and better, Goetze is already in place to take over from either Roben or Ribery when they age. Throw Lewandowski into the picture...

I was reading the local paper a couple of days ago and they seem to think Reus is as good as done.

It also seems that Schweinsteiger will be on his way out... 29 years old, if Man U are signing any Bayern players its going to be him not Kroos imo.

Other good shouts must be Barca, like you've mentioned, Ajax 95.

Domestically as much as it pains me to say it Arsenal with Henry, Vieira, Pires etc must be close.

The Ajax team that won champs league in about 92 was pretty awesome, undefeated in the league as well.
Van der sar, de boer, de boer, seedorf, davids, litmanan, kluivert, george, kanu, bergkamp

I think possibly the most depressingly dominant side I remember was Liverpool circa 77-82…they just seemed virtually unbeatable. Keegan, Souness, McDermott, Dalglish, Clemence, Hansen, Kennedy, Rush, I could go on…the best to watch? Probably not. Barca of three years ago were incredible. But I think I have to say that Liverpool side…they were untouchable.

I think Bayern of last season and potentially Bayern of this season have a good shout aswell as Barca from the few years previous. You also have the Champions League winning Inter team that had some very, very good players.

Obviously that is just a few from the recent era.

Obviously but which year?
Every year ;)

In terms of enjoyment I really liked the the Dortmund side of last season more than the Bayern team that beat them in the final. Even though the Bayern team were ultimately more effective it really should have been a story with a different end.

One of my favourite teams was the Milan 94 CL winning team - Maldini, Savicevic, Boban, etc and an absolute masterclass by Desailly in the final versus Barca.

Guardiola's Barca team was rather unbelievable but for me also strangely sterile. It was like watching a text book being written in front of your eyes. Perfectly constructed but after a while really not that interesting.

Barcelona 2008/09 for me.

_________Valdes__________

Alves__Puyol__Pique__Abidal

_________Y.Toure_________

_____Xavi______Iniesta_____

__Messi___________Henry__
__________Eto'o__________

FCBarcelona_3_.v1312809372.jpg

220px-Logo_FC_Bayern_M%C3%BCnchen.svg.png

2012/2013
Bundesliga
34 games played
29 wins
4 draws
1 loss
98 goals scored
18 conceded

DFB-Pokal
6 games played
6 wins
20 goals scored
3 conceded
Beat Stuttgart 3-2 in final

DFL-Supercup
Beat Dortmund 2-1

UEFA Champions League
13 games played
10 wins
1 draw
2 losses
31 goals scored
11 conceded
Beat Dortmund 2-1 in final.

2013/2014

Bundesliga
21 games played
19 wins
2 draws
57 goals scored
9 conceded

DFB-Pokal
4 games played
4 wins
16 goals scored
1 conceded
Will play Kaiserslautern in semi final

DFL-Supercup
Lost to Dortmund 4-2

UEFA Super Cup
Beat Chelsea on penalties.

FIFA Club World Cup

Played 2
Won 2
5 goals scored
0 conceded
Beat Raja Casablanca 2-0 in final.

UEFA Champions League
6 games played
5 wins
1 loss
17 goals scored
5 conceded
Will play Arsenal in Knockout Stage

--

Since the beginning of 2012/13:

89 games played.
76 wins.
8 draws.
5 losses.
250 goals scored.
54 goals conceded.
+196 goal difference.
6 trophies won.

Team that has consisted of:
Neuer, Dante, Rafinha, van Buyten, Boateng, Lahm, Alaba, Thiago, Ribery, Martinez, Luis Gustavo, Robben, Shaqiri, Gotze, Mueller, Schweinsteiger, Kroos, Mandzukic and Mario Gomez and will will no doubt be looking to add to that talent when Lewandowski arrives.

AC Milan 1988-1994 were an absolutely amazing side. Maldini, Baresi, Costacurta, Gullit, Rijkaard, Van Basten, Donadoni, Boban, Savicevic, Desailly, Panucci, Massaro, Ancelotti, B. Laudrup and Papin all playing for them throughout that time. They were just a machine of a side and when you consider what a lot of those players went on to achieve after that period too.....well it is mindblowing.

The team that won the 1993/94 Champions League was just incredible and I remember them absolutely destroying Johan Cruyff's Barcelona in the final, 4-0 and that despite all the experts saying that Milan were ageing and couldn't compete with a vibrant Barcelona side that had Romario and Stoichkov banging goals in left, right and centre and a side that had smashed Man Utd to pieces in the group stage at the Nou Camp.

Serie A Winners: 1987/88, 1991/92, 1992/93, 1993/94
Runners Up: 1989/90, 1990/91

European Cup/Champions League Winners: 1988/89, 1989/90, 1993/94
Runners Up: 1992/93

UEFA Super Cup Winners: 1989, 1990, 1994

FIFA Intercontinental Cup/World Club Cup Winners: 1989,1990

I think the Barca side of recent years would run them close in fairness but AC Milan dominated home and abroad and I think are the last team to successfully retain the European Cup and got to 4 finals out of 6.

Back