• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best album of the 90's - Nevermind vs Unplugged In New York

Which is the better album?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I defy anyone to listen to "All Apologies" and not hear the pain. Uncomfortable really. We could probably discuss Nirvana for hours and hours...
True. It is a very raw sound, as is Where did you sleep last night? But it just makes me queasy somehow seeing the MTV logos and roll neck jumpers, the staging, Pat Smear sat on a high stool plucking away, Dave Grohl's neat little pony tail... just not cool then or now. Could have been so much better.

True. It is a very raw sound, as is Where did you sleep last night? But it just makes me queasy somehow seeing the MTV logos and roll neck jumpers, the staging, Pat Smear sat on a high stool plucking away, Dave Grohl's neat little pony tail... just not cool then or now. Could have been so much better.

I certainly see your point, that was (indeed) how they 'staged' those things, and there was always a little bit of piousness about the entire series (not dissimilar to Jazz Club on The Fast Show!!!!!)...I think Nirvana managed to do as well as anyone could to step above that.

I was only taking the tinkle.

I haven't heard the 92 Reading performance since being there. At the time I preferred their performance the year before.

It is remarkable to think that they were quite low down the bill sandwiched between Silverfish and Chapterhouse in 91. Nevermind came out in September and they are indisputably the biggest band on the planet by the time they played again the next summer.

Indeed, I first saw them in 89/90...supporting Tad in a club!!!!!! Incredible band...

Back