• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The best album of the 90's - Nevermind vs Different Class

Which album is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
We're down to our last four albums. I'll save you the guff, you know the albums and how this works. The only difference this time around is that I'll leave the polls open for a day longer.

Vs

I think what I find so difficult about this one is that neither is my favourite album by each band.

Had it been His 'n' Hers I'd have voted for that in a heartbeat and the same goes for In Utero.

It might sound strange in hindsight with Pulp being the quintessential 90s pop band, but Different Class felt like a pop sell out at the time. Musically, Nevermind was less so but with a pop production.

Still don't know.

How both theses made it to the last 4, is beyond me! I ain't giving a vote to either of these. I'm out!

I'm torn on this, I have great affection for both albums. I am probably edging towards Nevermind because I think that it is the more complete album of the two and because of the monumental impact its release had.

Check your Head - Beastie Boys
Ill Communication - Beastie Boys
Pills 'n' Thrills and Bellyaches - Happy Mondays
Violator - Depeche Mode
Youth & Young Manhood - Kings Of Leon
Blood Sugar Sex Magik - Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Three E.P.'s - The Beta Band
Road to Freedom - Young Disciples
Singles - The Smiths
Now Is Early - Nicolette
His 'n' Hers - Pulp
Step In the Arena - Gang Starr
Funk Your Head Up - Ultramagnetic MCs
Remasters - Led Zeppelin :cool:
Orbital 2 (Brown Album) - Orbital
The Horns of Jericho - Hijack

You've missed off Pulp's best album (not that it would win the best album of the 90's), and you've got two too many Oasis albums on the list.

His 'n' Hers? Top album, happy to add it to the list if you are nominating it. I agree with you on Oasis.

All if's and but's, but I don't think Different Class would register anywhere remotely near Nirvana in polls outside of a British football forum. In terms of impact globally and genre-defining, it's a no-brainer for me - Nevermind.

Edit: should add that I appreciate it IS a poll on a footie forum in the British Isles so not knocking the competition!

Last edited:
All if's and but's, but I don't think Different Class would register anywhere remotely near Nirvana in polls outside of a British football forum. In terms of impact globally and genre-defining, it's a no-brainer for me - Nevermind.

Edit: should add that I appreciate it IS a poll on a footie forum in the British Isles so not knocking the competition!

Sadly the call for Aqua - Aquarium fell on deaf ears

Back