• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The All New Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Cutting down on the short term buys will save us money long term, ie. there's little point in signing someone to be a backup player and end up with more Jenases and Bentleys. This is why I don't think there will be a lot of business in this or windows in the close future. We're only lacking a few top signings, but they're really difficult to get. Anything else will be younger talent. Personality and desire is just as important as skills in the squad we're building.

AVB doesn't especially like buying players - he prefers developing the collective he already has.

But when he does think there is a specific piece missing, he is very exact about what he wants. IMO he wants Moutinho, Leandro and Willian, and is prepared to wait and pick them off one per window over the next year.

Who knows, he might even convince Levy of the merits of quality over quantity.

Call me a cynic but why didn't we offer that on 30th even 25th of August? Levy had no intention whatsoever of buying moutinho hence why we're not spending anything this window! Same people who believe this moutinho malarkey no doubt believe we made those 37mill bids for aguero and Rossi or whoever it was meant to of been.

So Levy went through a massive charade of getting Pinto da Costa, Antero Henrique (two very powerful people in European football) and Moutinho sat round a table all evening on 31 August thrashing out a deal, to try and save face with AVB and the media for selling Modric?

The Aguero and Rossi nonsense was clearly completely different (i.e. made up by Sky).

So Levy went through a massive charade of getting Pinto da Costa, Antero Henrique (two very powerful people in European football) and Moutinho sat round a table all evening on 31 August thrashing out a deal, to try and save face with AVB and the media for selling Modric?

The Aguero and Rossi nonsense was clearly completely different (i.e. made up by Sky).

They all sat around a table? First I've heard about that? Feel free to put a link on here proving that they did.

Why do you believe that?

We've made operating profits on normal trading of £20-30 million in a number of previous years.

Normal trading?

If your taking player sales as normal trading then sure. Those are not normal incomes though.

As far as i know we made 20m ish in 07, and 30m ish in 09, and minimal expenditure/profit in the other seasons. This was mostly due to player sales.

So we made 50m, and oddly we've just spent 45m on a new training complex. So we have money to spend, if we sell the assets that we already have. That would not equate a positive net spend on transfers.

Last edited:
Normal trading?

If your taking player sales as normal trading then sure. Those are not normal incomes though.

As far as i know we made 20m ish in 07, and 30m ish in 09, and minimal expenditure/loss in the other seasons. This was mostly due to player sales.

So we made 50m, and oddly we've just spent 45m on a new training complex. So we. We have money to spend, if we sell the assets that we already have. That would not equate a positive net spend on transfers.

Normal trading does not include player trading.

The profit and loss figures that you quote are after player trading has been taken into account. In plenty of those years when we made a small overall profit or loss, we did so because we had had a relatively big net loss on player trading (i.e. we spent a large amount on incoming players and received not very much on outgoing players).

Call me a cynic but why didn't we offer that on 30th even 25th of August? Levy had no intention whatsoever of buying moutinho hence why we're not spending anything this window! Same people who believe this moutinho malarkey no doubt believe we made those 37mill bids for aguero and Rossi or whoever it was meant to of been.

You're a cynic................well, you did ask for it!

Do I believe that Levy would pay £22 million for the right player? Absolutely. So long as he believed it represented good value and was considered a good investment. After all, he has spent £15 million and more on a number of other players before now - even 4-5 years ago. It's hardly much of a leap to pay £22 million - especially given the imminent, massively increased TV rights deal.

Levy has invested a lot (not just money) in appointing AVB. He wants (and needs) Spurs to be successful. And if, as seems to be the case, Moutinho is the player that AVB wants above all, then I am quite certain that Levy is trying to sign him. People always seem to overlook or forget the fact that it is not in Levy's interests to sabotage the best efforts of the man to whom he has entrusted the fortunes of the club.

Normal trading does not include player trading.

The profit and loss figures that you quote are after player trading has been taken into account. In plenty of those years when we made a small overall profit or loss, we did so because we had had a relatively big net loss on player trading (i.e. we spent a large amount on incoming players and received not very much on outgoing players).

Bar one year, 08-09 when we bought Modric and co, we have not made any big net losses on player trading for a while.

It's one of the remarkable things that Levy has managed to achieved at spurs, he gets a decent price for the dross that is sold out.

Bar one year, 08-09 when we bought Modric and co, we have not made any big net losses on player trading for a while.

It's one of the remarkable things that Levy has managed to achieved at spurs, he gets a decent price for the dross that is sold out.

Indeed. Because the priorities have changed over the past few years. More of our budget is going towards wages than it is to transfers.

How much is the new TV deal worth?

I firmly believe there is money there to spend if the right set of circumstances present themselves, i.e. the right player at the right price. Player deals are rarely cash up front affairs anyway so we do not need 20mil sitting in a numbered Swiss bank account. All we need is to project ahead and cover the payments and wages or whatever. If you believe what you read then the new TV deal will more than cover a punt or two if that is what the chairman wants. But is it?

The stadium and training ground are the other factors in the equation. We have spent some 40mil or so on the training ground, and the land and other acquisitions for the stadium are north of 90mil if what I read is correct. That is a fair chunk of money not available for transfers. This is money in the bank so to speak, and that much less we have to generate in sponsorship for the stadium construction.

His losses in the transfer market are often glossed over.
Look at the purchase of Keane, Palacios and Bassong. Within 3 years all 3 where out the door for a combined loss of 20m.
You could go on and look at the 24m spent on Bentley and Gomes for no return.

Moutinho was playing for Porto that night 8-[

AVB doesn't especially like buying players - he prefers developing the collective he already has.

Has he been in any job long enough to say that with confidence? What about the players that Chelsea are meant to be signing from his "dossier"?

Moutinho was playing for Porto that night 8-[

I do remember at the time there were reports that moutinho and AVB met. Which I thought odd for the reason you say. However we are talking about a midnight meeting here, plenty of time to hop on a private jet after his game I guess.

Has he been in any job long enough to say that with confidence? What about the players that Chelsea are meant to be signing from his "dossier"?

It's from his biography. When he arrived at Porto he was offered all sorts to try and turn the club around (Benefica had just won the league and appeared to be establishing dominance), but only asked for the two players who were already departing - Meireles and someone else - to be directly replaced (but Moutinho and someone else).

I'm sure there were some quotes from him (I don't have the book to hand) about how he prefers the organic development and growth of the collective, so never wants many new players, just an exact one or two.

I do remember at the time there were reports that moutinho and AVB met. Which I thought odd for the reason you say. However we are talking about a midnight meeting here, plenty of time to hop on a private jet after his game I guess.

Or perhaps we were all in Portugal and went up to the boardroom as soon as he was out of the shower?

Or perhaps we were all in Portugal and went up to the boardroom as soon as he was out of the shower?

or maybe just maybe you have too much time on your hands and an over-active imagination. :-k

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but Internacional have just signed a new striker. Maybe good news for us?
http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebo...ace862744ea2c310VgnCLD2000000ec6eb0aRCRD.html

The striker Caio, 22, is the youngest strengthening the International for the next five seasons. After being approved medical examination, he signed with the club this afternoon and Gaucho is already underway Gramado, Sierra Gaucha to be presented.

Caio, who played the last Brazilian Championship by Figueirense, Botafogo and was bound to come to Inter after a group of investors to acquire the 40% of the economic rights of the player who belonged to the carioca club.

The new Colorado will increase competition from Diego Forlan and Cassiano to form the Colorado attack alongside Leandro Damiao. It's main trump speed.

I don't know if this has been mentioned already but Internacional have just signed a new striker. Maybe good news for us?
http://esportes.terra.com.br/futebo...ace862744ea2c310VgnCLD2000000ec6eb0aRCRD.html

The striker Caio, 22, is the youngest strengthening the International for the next five seasons. After being approved medical examination, he signed with the club this afternoon and Gaucho is already underway Gramado, Sierra Gaucha to be presented.

Caio, who played the last Brazilian Championship by Figueirense, Botafogo and was bound to come to Inter after a group of investors to acquire the 40% of the economic rights of the player who belonged to the carioca club.

The new Colorado will increase competition from Diego Forlan and Cassiano to form the Colorado attack alongside Leandro Damiao. It's main trump speed.

I wish we had a main trump speed.

Even though AVB and levy were seen at the lodge. I think SSN would have seen them leave. Moutinho was in portugal so there was no sat round a table meeting that evening. They might have met up at another time but not the evening of 31st August

Back