• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

I know that it was only against Championship opposition (albeit the team at the top of the Championship) but was anyone other than me impressed at Charlie Austin's 2 goals for QPR last night? Two good goals and I thought the way he lost his marker for the second was excellent. Also showed fantastic work rate throughout the match.

I know it will be a tough deal for Levy to swallow due to him being in the last 6 months of his contract but he is good in the air, has two good feet, finds space, has great workrate and is a very good finisher. He is about as good a "Harry Kane lite" as we could get. With the added advantage that we know he can do it in the PL.

warning, controversial suggestion coming

he's not a superstar, but he works his cobblers off and has the odd moment

he'd be cheap

won't mind sitting on the bench

won't fall out with anyone

Steven Naismith

I thought the same (privately) in the summer.

I know that it was only against Championship opposition (albeit the team at the top of the Championship) but was anyone other than me impressed at Charlie Austin's 2 goals for QPR last night? Two good goals and I thought the way he lost his marker for the second was excellent. Also showed fantastic work rate throughout the match.

I know it will be a tough deal for Levy to swallow due to him being in the last 6 months of his contract but he is good in the air, has two good feet, finds space, has great workrate and is a very good finisher. He is about as good a "Harry Kane lite" as we could get. With the added advantage that we know he can do it in the PL.

Would be a capable back up and alternative but not sexy enough for some and maybe doesn't have Enough scope for improvement for others

he'd be cheap

Steven Naismith
I don't think it's that controversial, but isn't he refusing to sign a new contract because he doesn't want to sit on the bench at Everton? I'd rather have Austin if he's the alternative.

he'd be cheap

Steven Naismith

You think he'd want to swap sitting on Everton's bench for sitting on ours (if he's lucky)?o_O

Isn't this where someone usually points out that Pienaar was a failure, therefore all future players coming from Everton will be failures or turn us down because of said failure? We can't sign anyone from USA, Japan or South Africa either.

Why?
And also why would he be better for us from the bench than for Everton?

I have 10 good reasons

he won't have to live in liverpool
London
Higher wages
did I mention he won't have to live in liverpool?

he seems to have fallen out of favour there, they have Lukaku and Kone, here he'd be natural relief for Kane and is a better deputy for that role than our other current forward options

I have 10 good reasons

London
Higher wages
did I mention he won't have to live in liverpool?

he seems to have fallen out of favour there, they have Lukaku and Kone, here he'd be natural relief for Kane and is a better deputy for that role than our other current forward options

Lol, re Liverpool references.
What is it you see about his play that would make him a "natural relief for Kane"?

much like Harry, he doesn't stop working, he'll drop deep, pull wide and chase everything

he won't give the opposition back line a break and he'll always be an out ball

Hmm....ok. How is he in the air from what you've seen?
Also, how does he compare to Ayoze Perez at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in your opinion?

Hmm....ok. How is he in the air from what you've seen?
Also, how does he compare to Ayoze Perez at Saudi Sportswashing Machine in your opinion?

i don't think he particularly strong in the air but we don't tend to play a lot of high balls to Kane either, we certainly shouldn't

more consistent than Perez imo, doesn't have the flair certainly but i'm not sure thats what we are looking for from a backup line leader

plus, he's seemingly available, i'm not sure Perez would be valued sensibly, the money they would want could get someone better

As a talking point, strikers that are not getting into other teams sides that could do a job for us but aren't exactly setting the world on fire.

Naismith - Everton
Jonathan Walters - Stoke
Rickie Lambert - West Brom

Back