• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Striker thread..

lol chadli can't hold the ball up or beat a defender with pace ... who comes up with this kind of brick. Eric Dier would be a better fit

Sounds good :) Seems to be a real respect between Levy and Pochettino...

Agreed on the Kane front. But it has to be a very good fit. Would rather see us sign no one than sign someone that doesn't really suit the system.

Surely a loan option would be a good fit if we can't sign the perfect player. We literally have zero cover at the moment and I agree 100% we shouldn't sign someone for the sake of it but we chat leave our squad exposed

Surely a loan option would be a good fit if we can't sign the perfect player. We literally have zero cover at the moment and I agree 100% we shouldn't sign someone for the sake of it but we chat leave our squad exposed

Even much richer and more attractive clubs than us are struggling to find adequate cover up front. Loan deal or significant money spent.

"The perfect loan signing" would be good, but is probably at least as difficult to find as "the perfect signing". Recent rumous have indicated that Pochettino could have had Austin this summer, but said no thanks. So apparently he doesn't think our squad is as exposed as some of our fans do. We do not have "literally zero cover".

If we can't find a perfect signing I would much rather go for a youngster that will develop with game time rather than a loan signing that may or may not settle down quickly enough to even make an impact. Get someone in that can grow and develop into a player that does us good down the road with the game time he gets.

Even much richer and more attractive clubs than us are struggling to find adequate cover up front. Loan deal or significant money spent.

"The perfect loan signing" would be good, but is probably at least as difficult to find as "the perfect signing". Recent rumous have indicated that Pochettino could have had Austin this summer, but said no thanks. So apparently he doesn't think our squad is as exposed as some of our fans do. We do not have "literally zero cover".

If we can't find a perfect signing I would much rather go for a youngster that will develop with game time rather than a loan signing that may or may not settle down quickly enough to even make an impact. Get someone in that can grow and develop into a player that does us good down the road with the game time he gets.

Very true... i really dont want another player who isn't here for the long term and isn't brought into the new "process".

Give me young hungry players like we currently have rather than journeymen

Sounds good :) Seems to be a real respect between Levy and Pochettino...

Agreed on the Kane front. But it has to be a very good fit. Would rather see us sign no one than sign someone that doesn't really suit the system.

Pretty much my thoughts as well on both points, I do not think that either Negrado or Austin are the players we need so I would rather we left them alone, quite like the idea of a younger player coming in and Dembele ( Fulham) seems to fit the bill.

I'm in two minds re Kane's backup - but I think I'm erring on the side of experience instead of youth there...in an ideal world Kane's our first choice for the foreseeable future which means any up and coming forward will be getting itchy feet after a season or two's worth of development so in my mind it'd be better to have a more ready made player in waiting ready to step in should Kane get injured/need rotating - reasoning being that with a young forward we'd get more inconsistency with their performances as they are developing so we won't be seeing the best of them when they step in at random points during the season.

Lambert would have been ideal this season, imho

I'm in two minds re Kane's backup - but I think I'm erring on the side of experience instead of youth there...in an ideal world Kane's our first choice for the foreseeable future which means any up and coming forward will be getting itchy feet after a season or two's worth of development so in my mind it'd be better to have a more ready made player in waiting ready to step in should Kane get injured/need rotating - reasoning being that with a young forward we'd get more inconsistency with their performances as they are developing so we won't be seeing the best of them when they step in at random points during the season.

Lambert would have been ideal this season, imho

I like Lambert too, though he seems to be heading down hill a bit too quickly at this point. If a very good fit experienced striker could be found I wouldn't be against it at all. I just don't see many realistic options for it. I see Kane as pretty much a complete striker though, and those are hard to find even at the level we'd want in a backup striker. Someone like Lambert also seems to need game time to stay match fit so I'm not sure he's an ideal "backup striker". Most of the teams with more money than us have spent a considerable amount of time finding players that are good backups for their attacking superstars and have pretty much consistently failed. We should have course do better, but I'm not holding my breath.

Most experienced players that we could possibly get, including Lambert, would be ready to retire or move down the league system by the time a younger player would be getting itchy feet. Meanwhile there's actually a chance that a young player develops into real competition for Kane, or forces their way into the starting line up through a change of formation or Kane dropping deeper.

The problem is Kane is now a £40m forward and were trying to find cover for a player who does everything very well. If he was available all the top teams in the world would Be after him IMO

How do you get cover for a player like that. The only options are aging players at the tail end or young players you can mould

The problem is Kane is now a £40m forward and were trying to find cover for a player who does everything very well. If he was available all the top teams in the world would Be after him IMO

How do you get cover for a player like that. The only options are aging players at the tail end or young players you can mould

I agree. Basically the player coming in is gonna spend a large amount of time playing second fiddle to Harry. So as you say that is really only gonna be a youngster or a 30+year old. A youngster i am happy to sign (as Poch will work with him) but a 30+ yaer old is surely best on a loan deal so as he becomes surplus we can let him go.

Anyone got any intel on Andre Gignac who plays for Tigres in Mexico. He's quality. Skilful, strong, experienced and getable IMO. Worth a January bid to cover Kane. He scores some seriously good goals. Note he played for France recently in their win against Germany and scored. Surely he'd be up for a last crack at something in Europe. Mexican football is good but it's not Premier League in terms if prestige or pay cheques.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/André-Pierre_Gignac

Anyone got any intel on Andre Gignac who plays for Tigres in Mexico. He's quality. Skilful, strong, experienced and getable IMO. Worth a January bid to cover Kane. He scores some seriously good goals. Note he played for France recently in their win against Germany and scored. Surely he'd be up for a last crack at something in Europe. Mexican football is good but it's not Premier League in terms if prestige or pay cheques.

I can guarantee you he won't be coming here to sit on the bench. He's being paid very well where he is. They're trying to build a team that can win the Copa Libertadores.

Why on earth did he go there?!? Irrespective of whether they have a sugar-daddy (do they?) its a random signing. He's 30 so has some good years left before he just sells his soul

Probably being paid well due to a lot of the clubs being owned by drug cartels and therefore shed loads of funding! Fun lifestyle, good stadiums, passionate crowds and tacos. I loved my time in Mexico and would live there if my Spanish was good enough. I still think he'd listen to offers though from decent clubs in Europe. Take a minute to watch his best goals for Tigres, some absolute belters in there.

Back