• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

FT: Chelmsford City 1-4 Spurs XI

Shaquile Coulthirst with a hat-trick and a goal from Darren McQueen.

Ex-Spurs keeper Tommy Forecast & trainee Mark Hughes played for Chelmsford.

Miles

Fredericks, Ball, Stewart, Ward

Gallifuoco, McEneff, D McQueen

Coulthirst, Lancaster, Obika

Subs: HT Vigouroux, Alex McQueen, Michael-Percil & Dombaxe (67 mins).

Last edited:
After the U21 mauling of Scotland...

One of the commentators on Carroll:

"He's just a typical Tottenham player really, easy on the eye, always graceful on the ball, just a special player really"

What's the perception in England on Carroll? I'm a huge fanboy. I would love to see this in the Cups:

Falque ---- Kane ---- Townsend
----- Carroll ---- Holtby
---------- Capoue
Rose - Kaboul - Daws - Walker
----------- Friedel

I genuinely feel we'd run most any team off the pitch in the bottom half of the table with that 11.

outside of THFC i reckon there's not many who have heard of him tbh

im a big fan and have been more impressed with him than any of our other young players in the last few years.

im a big fan and have been more impressed with him than any of our other young players in the last few years.

Yeah, he hasn't been involved in the England youth setup much at all and he hasn't scored any 30 yard screamers in any of his cameos so I don't think he very well known.

VolSpur: You and me both, at least that central midfield trio. Not entirely sure about swapping the entire front line.

Chelmsford City 1-4 Spurs XI - report from Melbourne Stadium

Shaq Coulthirst bagged a hat-trick as our Spurs XI team beat Chelmsford City 4-1 in Tuesday night's friendly at Melbourne Stadium.

The striker followed up his goal in our Under-21s fine win against Chelsea on Friday with a treble of lethal finishes, all dispatched in one-on-one situations.

Darren McQueen headed home our second goal on the night as the team - including six starters from that U21 victory - put on a fine display against the Conference South side.

Jonathan Obika also returned from an ankle injury as we came face-to-face with two former Spurs trainees in the Chelmsford line-up, goalkeeper Tommy Forecast and midfielder Mark Hughes.

Forecast made sure it wasn't a landslide with a string of outstanding saves in the first half but the home team had their moments as well, fighting back to 1-1 in the 17th minute and then forcing Jonathan Miles into a fine save to maintain our 2-1 lead at half-time.

Forecast's first save came in the fifth minute to turn aside Cameron Lancaster's curler and Lancaster soon turned provider for the opening goal.

Picking up the ball centrally, he slid an inch-perfect pass into the path of Coulthirst bursting into the box and the striker made no mistake from the right angle, 1-0 on 13 minutes.

Chelmsford hit back four minutes later when Dominic Ball was penalised for handball and Jeff Goulding make no mistake from the spot.

It was then all about Forecast, who took off at full length to deny Coulthirst and Lancaster in quick succession and when he was beaten, Darren McQueen's low shot hit the inside of the post and cannoned to safety.

McQueen didn't have to wait long to register though and made it 2-1 when he rose unchallenged at the far post to head home Aaron McEneff's free-kick on 27 minutes.

Miles then made his save from Bagasan Graham and the last word went to Forecast, who stood firm to keep out Obika's close-range effort.

We made four changes at half-time with Lawrence Vigouroux, Alex McQueen, Ruben Lameiras and Roman Michael-Percil on for Miles, Ryan Fredericks, Lancaster and Darren McQueen.

Goulding fired over an early chance for City before Forecast blocked Obika at the near post.

The match was relatively quiet then until the midway point of the half. Laste Dombaxe came off the bench to replace Giancarlo Gallifuoco and almost scored with his first touch, a 30-yard free-kick that tested Forecast again.

It was 3-1 on 71 minutes when Coulthirst raced onto McEneff's pass through the middle and finished with some style.

He was there again two minutes later to complete his hat-trick and make it 4-1, a low finish past Forecast from the left side of goal.

Vigouroux went full stretch to tip over Bertie Brayley's downward header on 76 minutes and the final action of note saw Obika denied again, this time Matt Lock back just in time to clear his goalbound effort off the line.

Chelmsford City squad: Forecast, Miller, Redwood, Davis, Haines, Webb. Paxman, Hughes, Goulding, Derry, Graham, Long, St Aimee, Nicolau, Rainford, Brayley, Holdsworth, Pentney, Spriggs, Sanparo.

Spurs XI:

Miles (Vigouroux, 46)

Fredericks (A McQueen, 46), Ball, Stewart, Ward

Gallifuoco (Dombaxe, 68), McEneff, Lancaster (Lameiras, 46)

D McQueen (Michael-Percil, 46), Obika, Coulthirst​

Attendance: 2,065.

After the U21 mauling of Scotland...

One of the commentators on Carroll:

"He's just a typical Tottenham player really, easy on the eye, always graceful on the ball, just a special player really"

What's the perception in England on Carroll? I'm a huge fanboy. I would love to see this in the Cups:

Falque ---- Kane ---- Townsend
----- Carroll ---- Holtby
---------- Capoue
Rose - Kaboul - Daws - Walker
----------- Friedel

I genuinely feel we'd run most any team off the pitch in the bottom half of the table with that 11.

championship or lower prem team at most unless he improves dramatically

Whats the deal with Coulibaly? I know he was out on loan but that was only up to the end of last season wasn't it?

Is he ready yet for a 3rd/4th striker option?

I think he did really well when on the pitch in the premier league, didn't look out of place at all. I'm excited about seeing him play a bit more this season, as said, should definitely be starting cup games.

Whats the deal with Coulibaly? I know he was out on loan but that was only up to the end of last season wasn't it?

Harry Kane has come considerably closer to proving himself good enough than Coulibaly when talking about adult, full time, professional, non youth, senior football.

I heard he was a bit home sick so the club gave him some more time off. Thats the reason he got the loan to Italy last season.

NextGen Statement - 16th August 2013

It is with regret that the NextGen Series has today announced it will be suspending the tournament for one season due to a lack of definite funding.
Over the past two seasons NextGen has played a major part in the development of European football and has enjoyed great success with many NextGen players including Celtic's Tony Watt, Villa's Gary Gardner and Ajax's Viktor Fischer progressing to their first teams.

Mark Warburton and Justin Andrews, Co-founders of the NextGen Series said:
"The level of support we have received from the football industry, media and fans has been magnificent and for that we are truly grateful. It is hugely disappointing that an event of this nature, designed to assist with the development of Europe's elite players, should have to take such action but we hope to be back next season with an even better tournament!"

Tom Carroll (28), Andros Townsend (17) and Zeki Fryers (35) all given new squad numbers. Seems they are part of the first team squad now.

Tom Carroll (28), Andros Townsend (17) and Zeki Fryers (35) all given new squad numbers. Seems they are part of the first team squad now.

Yes, all three have featured in Spurs first team squads in the past, so it's no surprise to see them listed in the first team squad for this season.

Back