• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The all new Juniors/on-loan thread 2013/14

There is a rumour over at SC that he is signing permanently for Swindon this weekend

Fee supposed to be £400,000

Thought we had high hopes for him

As good as he might be he is not likely to get into our first team in midfield, hope we have a sell on fee included if we do sell him.

Im convinced that the academy is now being used as a money making machine more then getting players for the first team which would seem a happy bonus if it happened.

Caulker for 8m and we can probably get 5m for livermore, if smith has a good season on loan and the likes of kane and carroll get good loans the will be more money for the club.

As much as i would love to see the youngsters come through it seems the main purpose of the academy is to turn a profit.

U18 Premier League result Blackburn Rovers 3-5 Tottenham Hotspur.

Spurs were 3-0 down.

Are we now so superior at a youth and reserve level that we have to give teams a 2 or 3 goal lead before we start playing just to make it challenging for the lads? ;)

----------------

Good to see Tottenham 2 (a.k.a. Swindon) do well.

As good as he (Luongo) might be he is not likely to get into our first team in midfield, hope we have a sell on fee included if we do sell him.

Im convinced that the academy is now being used as a money making machine more then getting players for the first team which would seem a happy bonus if it happened.

Caulker for 8m and we can probably get 5m for livermore, if smith has a good season on loan and the likes of kane and carroll get good loans the will be more money for the club.

As much as i would love to see the youngsters come through it seems the main purpose of the academy is to turn a profit.

Probably a good analysis. I could accept that but what is potentially a worse scenario would be that if another Bale came along and we turn him down because he can't go straight into the first team.

I don't know anything about most of our younger players really.. Do we have any new up-and-comers that should be able to get to the same level as Rose, Walker, Carroll, Townsend, or Livermore? We keep winning but I had just figured our youth side was benefitting from the play of a few guys like Carroll, Townsend and Pritchard who were carrying us.

Who's the players to look out for now?

As good as he might be he is not likely to get into our first team in midfield, hope we have a sell on fee included if we do sell him.

The "bi-effect" of selling good young players that can't get into the team is almost necessary if a very good side in a tough league wants to have a good academy producing top players imo.

How a top club will ever only produce players of the quality ready to become first team players and players so clearly inferior that they won't be good enough for the league and so won't command a good transfer fee is beyond me.

Says on Mail on line that we have offered Carroll to Ajax for a year loan. I think it would be good for him if he got regular games at that level, the coaching would be good and playing in a winning team.

I don't know anything about most of our younger players really.. Do we have any new up-and-comers that should be able to get to the same level as Rose, Walker, Carroll, Townsend, or Livermore? We keep winning but I had just figured our youth side was benefitting from the play of a few guys like Carroll, Townsend and Pritchard who were carrying us.

I rate Luongo higher than Livermore, who play same position.
We got players of similar talent level to the ones you mention in every age group.
Difficult to say how players develop - down to luck, injuries and player attitude as well as their talent.

1992 - Zeki Fryers, Massimo Luongo, Tom Carroll, Cristian Ceballos
1993 - Jordan Archer (gk), Alex Pritchard, Harry Kane
1994 - Nabil Bentaleb, Kenneth McEvoy, Shaq Coulthirst, Souleymane Coulibaly
1995 - Alexander McQueen, Dominic Ball, Milos Veljkovic, Laste Dombaxe, Tomislav Gomelt, Daniel Akindayini
1996 - Connor Ogilvie, Harry Winks, Emmanuel Sonupe, Nathan Oduwa
1997 - Harry Voss (gk), Christian Maghoma, Luke Amos, Joshua Onomah

Adam Smith comes on for his debut in the second half. Derby were 2-0 down at HT and lost 3-0. Adam got fouled twice and that was the only time his name was mentioned in the BBC live updates.

Blackburn U18s 3-5 Spurs

Our Under-18s completed a remarkable comeback from 3-0 down to beat Blackburn Rovers 5-3 in the Barclays U18 Premier League on Saturday.

Rovers' striker Dean Rittenberg played a starring role in the first half, firing his side into a 3-0 lead with a hat-trick inside 40 minutes.

However, Harry Winks crucially reduced the arrears to 3-1 with a fine strike just before half-time, Will Miller made it 3-2 two minutes into the second half and when Shayon Harrison slotted home a penalty just seven minutes into his debut off the bench, the scores were level.

Nathan Oduwa completed the turn around for 4-3 with 10 minutes remaining and Harrison put the issue beyond doubt with his second in the final minute.

Academy Manager, John McDermott, reported: "I thought we started sluggishly last week as well, so it's something we've got to address.

"Their striker scored a hat-trick and was a real handful for our two Under-16 central defenders, but that was a great learning experience for them.

"We weren't bad in possession in the first half but we were vulnerable on the counter-attack and at set-plays.

"Harry Winks, his first game in four months, gave us hope with a 25-yard shot right at the end of the first half. To go in at 3-1 gave us a glimmer of hope.

"We then had a poor start to the second half as they had a gilt-edged chance straight away but that kick-started us into gear.

"From there, we played some very good stuff, created a lot of chances and it was a pleasing, entertaining half for us. That's the situation with younger players, you get extreme highs and extreme lows, but I'd rather have those extreme highs and lows than mediocrity! We just have to polish up on the lows.

"Will Miller has been working a lot on his finishing and he scored from the inside left channel at an angle, great dividend for the work he's been doing on the training pitch.

"Nathan Oduwa really came to the fore in the second half, he was brought down and Shayon Harrison sent the goalkeeper the wrong way from the penalty spot.

"Nathan then scored from close range from Filip Lesniak's assist after Shayon hit the crossbar, a scruffy but vital goal and as they pushed on late, Shayon finished comfortably after a counter-attack.

"We spoke at the end and there is a lot for the players to learn, but their mentality to keep plugging away, to eliminate their mistakes are things to admire. Just as importantly, they have to look at the first half and learn from it because we don't want to be in that situation again."

Spurs U18s:

McGee

Walker-Peters, Maghoma, Ogilvie, Carter-Vickers

Lesniak, Winks (Georgius, 46), Goddard (Amos, 62)

Miller, Oduwa, Akindayini (Harrison, 62)​

There was a series of blog posts on http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/ this summer highlighting our young prospects. You can find them here: http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/tottenham-hotspur-prospect-rankings

Carroll, Townsend and Pritchard in the top 3 respectively.

Top players outside those you mention were Veljkovic, Adam Smith and Bentaleb ranked 4th-6th respectively.

I found those blog posts quite interesting, obviously opinion pieces, but opinions from people that know more about these players than I do at least.

the only ones in and around the reserves i think will go the furthest are veljkovic and bentaleb. the swindon bunch will all be sold for small change including pritchard

shame about Luongo. £400k is peanuts for his talent.

Especially when the likes of Livermore is being touted at like £3m

I had this feeling we would draw Chelsea at home in the Capital One Cup. I suppose with the amount of ex=Spurs and loanees at Swindon, I was half-right...:~

Gobsmacked about Luongo. Thought that he had real potential. Amazed that we've sold him particularly given some of the dross like Dawkins, Falque and Livermore than we keep on and/or continually loan out. Think Luongo could go on to be a decent player

Gobsmacked about Luongo. Thought that he had real potential. Amazed that we've sold him particularly given some of the dross like Dawkins, Falque and Livermore than we keep on and/or continually loan out. Think Luongo could go on to be a decent player

I don't think we knew much about his contract situation or what he wanted himself.

If he didn't want to sign a contract extension and felt that he was settling well at Swindon for example it might have been the best option even if he's as talented at some think.

Without more details it's impossible to compare this situation with Dawkins, Falque and Livermore for example. For Falque and Livermore at least I think their loan moves make a lot of sense.

Back