• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Townsend impressing again.

Say what you want about him being useful in the absence of Bale and Lennon, but he is certainly flourishing from getting games under his belt. He would have struggled to get half as much time on the pitch with us.

Looks like he will be a very useful addition to the squad next season.

Townsend impressing again.

Say what you want about him being useful in the absence of Bale and Lennon, but he is certainly flourishing from getting games under his belt. He would have struggled to get half as much time on the pitch with us.

Looks like he will be a very useful addition to the squad next season.

Yep hope him and rose can save us some money and come and be apart of the team, maybe then we will loan out smith, carroll and kane and hope they can do something in the premership.

Former Tottenham striker Gary Lineker: "I have a feeling Andros Townsend will not be out on loan at the beginning of next season. Spurs could do with him now."

](*,)

Kaboul playing for the under 21s tomorrow apparently. Hopefully that confirms that we've seen the last of Gallas in a Spurs shirt

Former Tottenham striker Gary Lineker: "I have a feeling Andros Townsend will not be out on loan at the beginning of next season. Spurs could do with him now."

](*,)

Looked very good again today. We could have used him in this form in deed, but would he have been in this kind of form if he hadn't gone out on loan? I remember him being rather poor in at least one EL game, looked out of place. I think getting games week in week out for a smaller team has done him a lot of good.

I think he will be better for it next season.

Kaboul playing for the under 21s tomorrow apparently. Hopefully that confirms that we've seen the last of Gallas in a Spurs shirt

A win at West Ham for our U21s will virtually guarantee they finish as the top club in the country, as they would be at least 11 points clear of the second placed team in the Elite Group.

There is still a knock-out section to come and the winner of the Elite Group will play the winners of the Tiers 1 & 2 Play-Off in the first Semi-Final...

Under-21 Barclays Premier League Season 2012-13

As well as Ceballos being on the bench, I was also interested to see that Shaquille Coulthirst and Jordan Archer were warming up on the pitch before the game.

Just getting a taste of big match atmosphere, I guess.

He's getting man of the matchs , player of the months, goal of the month's. I said at the start of the season this guy was ready

As well as Ceballos being on the bench, I was also interested to see that Shaquille Coulthirst and Jordan Archer were warming up on the pitch before the game.

Just getting a taste of big match atmosphere, I guess.

Thought that Coulthrist had a great chance of being in the bench today given that Carroll and Thudd are somewhat like for like so having both there reduces our options

He's getting man of the matchs , player of the months, goal of the month's. I said at the start of the season this guy was ready

I know there are some that would like him at Spurs rather than on loan, and I can see the reasoning behind that, but there is no substitute for minutes on the pitch. If you are not playing then you do not gain experience and that is what Townsend needs now. He may never have played like that for us if he stayed, but he certainly a prem league standard player now that is for sure.

U18s SPURS 0-0 LIVERPOOL

Our Under-18s played out a rare goalless draw against Liverpool in the Barclays U18 Premier League on Saturday.

Kyle Walker-Peters and Anton Walkes both made their debuts, Walker-Peters started at right-back while Walkes appeared as a substitute in the second half.

"I thought we dominated possession but I was disappointed that we weren't able to unlock the door enough in the final third," reported Academy Manager, John McDermott.

"We had chances. Darren McQueen had a good chance in the first half, Aaron McEneff had a powerful shot saved and Will Miller went one-on-one with the goalkeeper towards the end.

"We had a lot of play in and around their box and I was pleased with the possession, but not quite as satisfied with the chances we created from that possession against a well-organised team.

"Kyle Walker-Peters made his debut out of position at right-back and looked comfortable and Anton Walkes did okay after he came on in the second half.

"Dominic Ball and Alex McQueen dominated at centre-half and they gave us the platform to go and play."

Spurs U18s:

Priestley

Walker-Peters, A McQueen, Ball, Ward

McEneff, Bush (Miller, 59), Lameiras

Michael-Percil, D McQueen (Walkes, 68 ), Zapata-Caideco

Unused subs: McGee, Brown.​

Tottenham Hotspur Reserves (Spurs XI), Under-21s, NextGen (U-19s) & Academy (U-18s) 2012-13

14 - Andros Townsend successfully dribbled past an opponent 14 times yesterday vs Wigan; the most ever recorded by Opta in a PL game. Silky.

14 - Andros Townsend successfully dribbled past an opponent 14 times yesterday vs Wigan; the most ever recorded by Opta in a PL game. Silky.

Thats an incredible stat! (though I wondered whether the wording which I've bolded implies that they haven't been recording this for that long?)

Thats an incredible stat! (though I wondered whether the wording which I've bolded implies that they haven't been recording this for that long?)

It's interesting, you don't really see players really attacking opposition players in 1 on 1 situations as much as you used to (at least it doesn't feel like it does it???)
Feel like a lot of teams have moved away from traditional wingers over the last 10 years of so in favour of hard working midfielders who can do a job on the wing or they play inverted wingers who either cut in and cross or are coached to simply try and keep possession. I think that's why it's so fascinating watching players like Bale or even Dembele, who has a "don't give a f**k" attitude towards taking people on in the middle of the pitch lol!

It's the exact oppposite of the mundane "don't try anything out of the norm and just try and keep possession" football that England for example try and play.

Credit to Townsend though, let's hope he keeps progressing.

Last edited:
It's interesting, you don't really see players really attacking opposition players in 1 on 1 situations as much as you used to (at least it doesn't feel like it does it???)
Feel like a lot of teams have moved away from traditional wingers over the last 10 years of so in favour of hard working midfielders who can do a job on the wing or they play inverted wingers who either cut in and cross or are coached to simply try and keep possession. I think that's why it's so fascinating watching players like Bale or even Dembele, who has a "don't give a f**k" attitude towards taking people on in the middle of the pitch lol!

It's the exact oppposite of the mundane "don't try anything out of the norm and just try and keep possession" football that England for example try and play.

Credit to Townsend though, let's hope he keeps progressing.

That's presumably because of the modern pressing game where if a player takes on and beats one, two or even three, by then the others have usually recovered enough to have another go at him. Unless you're a Messi or a Ronaldo (or a Bale come to that) it's an extremely difficult act to pull off.

It's what did for Bentley remember? He never knew when to release the ball.

Back