• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Must be something about Liverpool number 9's

ball-horse.gif

I do laugh everytime I see this gif, it's just so very spot on...

Kyle Naughton played 90 minutes for Norwich away to Sunderland last night. Norwich lost 3-0 and Naughton got booked in the 90th minute (his sixth yellow card of the season). He played in the left back position during the match.

844bbf313cabfd03050f6a706700d058.jpg

Guardian website match rating (7 votes) is 4.9 / 10. Highest rating for a Norwich player is 5.4.

Goal.com rating is 5.0 / 10. "The on-loan Tottenham full-back will be hoping Spurs boss Harry Redknapp does not have enough time to study a DVD of this game because he was poor."

89:47 Kyle Naughton is shown a yellow card for unsporting behaviour.
89:35 Kyle Naughton challenges Dong-Won Ji unfairly and gives away a free kick.

Upcoming games for loanees.

Saturday 4th February - 12:30
RYAN MASON & HARRY KANE - West Ham vs Millwall (Sky Sports 2 / Al Jazeera Sport +5)

Saturday 4th February - 14:30
VEDRAN CORLUKA - Bayer Leverkusen vs Stuttgart

Saturday 4th February - 15:00
STEVEN CAULKER - West Brom vs Swansea (Abu Dhabi Sports 7)
KYLE NAUGHTON - Norwich vs Bolton (Abu Dhabi Sports 6)
SEBASTIEN BASSONG - QPR vs Wolves (Abu Dhabi Sports 5)
STEVEN PIENAAR - Wigan vs Everton (Abu Dhabi Sports 3)

DAVID BUTTON - Doncaster vs Reading
ADAM SMITH & ANDROS TOWNSEND - Bristol City vs Leeds

NATHAN BYRNE - Bournemouth vs Exeter
JOHN BOSTOCK - Sheffield Wednesday vs Yeovil
DEAN PARRETT & JONATHAN OBIKA - Sheffield Wednesday vs Yeovil

JORDAN ARCHER - Colwyn Bay vs BishopÔÇÖs Stortford

Saturday 4th February - 17:20
YAGO FALQUE - Birmingham vs Southampton (Sky Sports 2)

Sunday 5th February - 12:15
THOMAS CARROLL - Derby vs Nottingham Forest (BBC One / Al Jazeera Sport +3)

Sunday 5th February - 13:30
MIRKO RANIERI - Viareggio vs Taranto

Sunday 5th February - 14:15
KUDOS OYENUGA - Hearts vs St Johnstone (Scottish Cup 5th Round) (Sky Sports 3 / OSN Sports 2)

Spurs have signed Australian youngster Giancarlo Gallifuoco to go straight into the "professionals" squad:

Gallifuoco, 18, has signed a deal for two and a half years and will form part of Spurs' professionals (reserves) squad.

The talented player who was resigned to playing at Seymour Shaw Park in suburban Sydney this coming season now has historic White Hart Lane as his new home.

Gallifuoco was a member of Australia's under-16 team that reached the semi-finals of the Asian Championships in Uzbekistan in 2010 before he terminated his involvement with the Australian Institute of Sport to seek a professional career in Europe.

And after failing to land a deal with a number of Serie A and Serie B clubs in Italy, he has hit the jackpot with Spurs.

"I'm thrilled and I have not stopped pinching myself since Spurs offered me a contract," Gallifuoco said from London where he has started his new life as a professional footballer, rubbing shoulders with some of Spurs' top stars like Emmanuel Adebayor and Jermain Defoe.

"I was once told at the AIS that I was not good enough and here I am on the books of one of the world's greatest clubs training with some of my heroes.

"We are the reserves side so we have to be ready to step into the first team whenever we are needed."

Gallifuoco's move to London only came about after a chance trial in December.

His move to Lazio last August hit a few snags and attempts to sign for Atalanta and Torino did not work out either.

And when it looked like his European odyssey had come to an abrupt end and he was packing his bags to return home, a family acquaintance from NSW Premier League Sutherland Sharks came to the rescue.

Gallifuoco had actually agreed to sign for the Sharks before club coaching director and his junior coach John Klappas, who has contacts with Spurs, arranged a two-week trial at the premiership giant on his way home from Italy.

Gallifuoco left such a good impression that he was offered a contract that will keep him in London till the end of 2013-2014 although he learned of Spurs' offer only after he flew back to Sydney for Christmas.

The Sharks and Gallifuoco had an agreement whereby the club would release the player if an offer in Europe came up.

"It's a dream come true for me," he said.

"Spurs said they see me as a central defender or holding midfielder.

"I would like to thank my agent David Magrone, my junior coach John and above all my father Salvatore for all he's done for me and without whom I would not be where I am today."

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/english-premier-league/news/1091690/Spurs-sign-Aussie-teen-star

Oh bloody hell. Just seen on Twitter that we're apparently having to withdraw from the NextGen tournament because we fielded an ineligible player! Bye bye to our semi against Ajax or Barca. What a ****-up #-o To our credit nobody spotted the mistake and we've owned up to it after we realised, but still, how gutting for those young players.

On the official site now.

Last edited:
Oh bloody hell. Just seen on Twitter that we're apparently having to withdraw from the NextGen tournament because we fielded an ineligible player! Bye bye to our semi against Ajax or Barca. What a ****-up #-o To our credit nobody spotted the mistake and we've owned up to it after we realised, but still, how gutting for those young players.

On the official site now.

That is most unfortunate... extremely harsh on the players, but you have to wonder how they didn't know the player was ineligible..

Hmm, who is this Nabil Bentalib who came on in the second half? I'm guessing this lad may be unregistered in the competition and is the reason we've gone out?

That is most unfortunate... extremely harsh on the players, but you have to wonder how they didn't know the player was ineligible..

Indeed, it almost defies belief that you wouldn't check the eligibility of the players.

Who was the player and what rules did he break?

No idea, didn't say in the statement we put out, but as WookieD said a lot of people are speculating it must be Nabil Bentalib as nobody had seen him before this match.

fudge sake, was really excited about this tournament. Bet the lads were as well.

Would have been nice to look back and see our names in the final or something as I can see this becoming a prestigious tournament.

Wow.. The rawk forums are saying they were the better team...

and i thought it finished liverpool 0 spurs 1...

I guess goals are no longer how games are decided...

A semi-final against Ajax or Barcelona gone? Well that's bloody annoying. Had one of those games been at the Lane I probably would have gone as well. We really shouldn't be making mistakes like that as a professional football club.

Spurs out of NextGen Tournament

http://tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/News/media-statement-030212.page?

Cycad Enterprises, the organisers of the NextGen Series Tournament, today announced the withdrawal of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club from the competition following the Club making them aware of an inadvertent breach of a competition regulation.

Tottenham Hotspur's Director of Football Administration Darren Eales said:ÔÇ£It is with regret that we have decided to withdraw from the semi finals of the NextGen Tournament due to an accidental breach of a competition regulation. We have done so fully respecting the Tournament regulations.

ÔÇ£As a club, we stand for the highest levels of integrity and respect and there was no unfair advantage sought or gained.

"Whilst hugely disappointing for players, staff and supporters, we would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their support. We would also like to send Liverpool Football Club our very best wishes for the next round of the competition."

Technical Co-Ordinator and Manager of Tottenham Hotspur's NextGen side Tim Sherwood said: "It was obviously disappointing when this was brought to my attention. It is, however, all about the development of players and individual talent so the most disappointing aspect for us is that we will not be able to play another game at such a competitive level this season.

"The tournament has given us a great opportunity to see the best of other footballing cultures and many of our squad have proved that they are as good as any in Europe."

Mark Warburton, Head of Football for the tournament, made the following response: ÔÇ£Following conversations with senior Tottenham Hotspur officials we have agreed to accept their withdrawal from the semi final stages of the event.

"This is hugely unfortunate and we are sorry to see that such a hard fought encounter as witnessed at White Hart Lane on Wednesday night should have this conclusion. However, we can only applaud the Club for demonstrating such impeccable levels of sportsmanship and for acting in a manner which recognises the good spirit of both the Tournament and the game itself.

"We thank both clubs for their help and support in making this first year of the event such a success and we look forward to re-welcoming Liverpool to the semi-finals."

Liverpool Football Club will now progress to the semi final stage where they will face the winners of the FC Barcelona versus Ajax encounter which takes place next week, February 8th.

What is that all about? A shame at least

Back