• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Academy, NextGen, U18 & U21 Premier League and On-Loan Thread

Cant imagine any PL team would want him as a LW given that no-one will have seen him play as one for a couple years

Next season's full backs in the squad should be Walker and Naughton on the right and Benny and Rose on the left. That should be good enough for where we are in the league - dont see any point trying to replace Benny just on the basis of an average season for him nor replacing Walker given his potential. Besides, regardless of Cl qualification, we wont have piles of cash to spend and there are bigger priorities further up the pitch

Would also mean that we can loan our Fryers, though only to a PL team; perhaps keep Smith and loan and Naughton though realistically I think both Smith and Naughton could do with a full season of PL football to help their development

I don't see anyone coming in for him at LM either, but if they did I think he'd happily play there rather than turn them down because he sees himself as a left back.

I agree that those four are a competent full back quartet, a lot more holes in our squad to look at before splurging on either of those positions. I just don't know whether Rose would be willing to go into next season behind Benny in the pecking order - he seems desperate for first team football.

Cant imagine any PL team would want him as a LW given that no-one will have seen him play as one for a couple years

Next season's full backs in the squad should be Walker and Naughton on the right and Benny and Rose on the left. That should be good enough for where we are in the league - dont see any point trying to replace Benny just on the basis of an average season for him nor replacing Walker given his potential. Besides, regardless of Cl qualification, we wont have piles of cash to spend and there are bigger priorities further up the pitch

Would also mean that we can loan our Fryers, though only to a PL team; perhaps keep Smith and loan and Naughton though realistically I think both Smith and Naughton could do with a full season of PL football to help their development

Do you not think Benny's already made his mind up to leave? He's previously said he's thinking about it and going by recent half-hearted performances I'd say he's already a goner.

Do you not think Benny's already made his mind up to leave? He's previously said he's thinking about it and going by recent half-hearted performances I'd say he's already a goner.

When has he said that? If he's said it i assume there are quotes.

This january he said he was happy here. Anything more recent?

When has he said that? If he's said it i assume there are quotes.

This january he said he was happy here. Anything more recent?

Yes, he has said he's very happy here, but he's also that if a better offer came in he'd be interested and that he has an agreement with Levy that he would not stand in his way.

What has changed since January is he's now no longer automatic first choice. Considering his recent half-hearted displays, do you not wonder what's going on with him? I personally think he has a bit of an attitude problem atm, maybe with AVB and the way he wants him to play, maybe not, I don't know.

But whatever it is it needs to get sorted pdq because his current performance levels, notably his increasing tendency to go AWOL and failure to chase back at times, are frankly becoming a major cause for real concern.

That's my tuppence'rth anyway.

I don't think AVB relies much on him so won't hold it against him - plus his body language and effort against Basel said it all

Perfectly understandable.

He's never said he's thought about leaving though, which was what i was questioning.

Perfectly understandable.

He's never said he's thought about leaving though, which was what i was questioning.

Well it depends how you interpret what he's been quoted as saying I suppose:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...mits-he-could-quit-tottenham-bigger-club-1715

Benoit Assou-Ekotto has admitted he could quit Tottenham this summer if a 'bigger club' comes calling.
The Cameroon international, who signed from French club Lens in 2006, has been a mainstay of Tottenham's first team since Harry Redknapp took over in 2008, impressing with his style and attacking flair.
But Assou-Ekotto insists Spurs chairman Daniel Levy will not stand in the way should one of Europe's elite clubs make a move.
Speaking to France Football, he said: "Everything is possible. When I met the chairman last January he told me that, if a club bigger than Tottenham came in for me, he wouldn't necessarily be against my departure.
"If there is a change at Tottenham - some more money is made available - I wouldn't be against the idea of staying, but otherwise I'll try to move forwards, as I did when I left Lens.
"If I have to leave Tottenham, is to join a club that makes the Champions League. All players want to play in this competition. A few months ago, I said I never wanted to play in the Europa League because that competition is useless."
Assou-Ekotto also admitted that he is intrigued by the prospect of playing outside of the Premier League.
"Spain, Italy or Germany, whatever. The grass is green everywhere," he added. "I have a gentleman's agreement with the chairman. As he is a man of his word, I hope that will make things easier if a great club comes in."

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...quit-tottenham-bigger-club-1715#ixzz2QXcsLZ5g
Follow us: @talksport on Twitter

Read more at http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-n...ottenham-bigger-club-1715#K8OT1f2Kls1sGkUj.99

I think the forum is broken again, im sure i clicked the loan thread but it seems to have directed me to the BAE one ;)

On a serious note BAE has never been good enough imo.

Squad: Vigouroux, Fredericks, Fryers, Kaboul, Hall, Velkovic, McEvoy, Dombaxe, Coulthirst, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Barthram, Priestley, Gallifuoco, Michael-Percil.

Kicks off 6.30pm. MUTV will be producing the game. Should be rivers available, possible on satellite and cable as well.

Do u have the full squad list for tonight?

I would imagine the team will be very similar to that which drew at Upton Park last week:

Vigouroux

Fredericks Hall Kaboul Fryers

Bentelab Carroll Veljkovic

McEvoy Coulthirst Ceballos

Subs: Priestley (GK), Gallifouco, Barthram, Dombaxe, Munns​

Edit: Tonight's Squad:

Vigouroux, Fredericks, Fryers, Kaboul, Hall, Velkovic, McEvoy, Dombaxe, Coulthirst, Bentaleb, Ceballos, Barthram, Priestley, Gallifuoco, Michael-Percil.

Last edited:
Back