• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 3 behind the striker

Some suggesting Chadli up front, it's not as simple as that just because he's physically strong and has an eye for goal. Playing with your back to goal for most of the game is completely different to being an attacking midfielder who can ghost into the box, as you're not being tracked by a big centre back all game when in the area. Might not be anywhere near as effective up front...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

this

Some suggesting Chadli up front, it's not as simple as that just because he's physically strong and has an eye for goal. Playing with your back to goal for most of the game is completely different to being an attacking midfielder who can ghost into the box, as you're not being tracked by a big centre back all game when in the area. Might not be anywhere near as effective up front...

True, but players do change positions with success at times (there once was a boy named Gareth). If a player has certain attributes that could fit a position (and Chadli has them imo) then it might be worth a go -- we don't know til we try and it's not as if we are sacrificing anyone who is any good to give him a go there.

Anyway, he was pretty much up alongside Ade against the goons in a 442, certainly in the first half.

Not currently playing to any if their strengths. Watch Lamella at Roma, from the same positions he is getting the for us he beats two players, runs towards goal and shoots or lays it off. To do that our other striker has to give one of the CBs something to think about.

Chadli wants the ball early and a little in front for him to attack space and create an angle to shoot, watch his goals for Belgium.

Eriksen wants to play short 1-2 passes with someone running off him dragging defenders out of position creating space in the box.
It all come downs to who's behind making a run or IMO who's in front making runs. We are creating space.

didnt you want Bale upfront? :lol:

LOL

yes , glad you remember that little bandwagon

thing is though..if ever i could find my posts from back that i always made it a mission to say i wanted him playing in more of an henry role. playing as a forward and working the channels ...but not with his back to goal

i think chadli would make a good forward, i dont know how he would fair with his back to goal chasing down lost causes etc...which is the life of a striker.

then there is the issue of the level of quality between bale and chadli , bale i wanted to play as an henry'esq type forward but with his strength speed skill i was willing to have him as a striker....chadli not so much...forward yes,shadow striker yes.....full on number 9 striker...no..or at least i personally havent seen enough to suggest he would flourish there

affy - do you feel that to enable chadli doing what he does best (that kinda dempsey finisher but from the side type thing) it asks a bit too much from eriksen and lamela? I definitely feel we are really unbalanced going forward - possibly because of what another poster said earlier about playing style - they just don't seem to mesh well.

before the game against arsenal i was sure we'd go 442 because we'd get overrun in the middle. We didnt initially, but we soon moved to it. arsenal's tactics were good, and it felt that they had 6 midfielders at times, which would beat our 5 anyway. but our 5 seem so halfassed in what they do its annnoying!

Also, i havent seen this mentioned before, and i'm sorry that it's a bit offtopic, but - since when is it acceptable to go to the NLD and park the bus? I am not happy with this at all. I understand it's really good pragmatism, and we're coming off at least 8 straight against the top 4 with only a point, but still. Dare is to do?

Back