• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2013-14 " Lawro the Twunt says..." thread

Swansea City v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 13:30 GMT)

Swansea need a win just to stop them from looking anxiously over their shoulders at the teams below them in the table because they have been drifting a bit.

They still have not made the transition from being able to keep the ball so well to using it to make enough chances. That is the main thing they are lacking.

It has been a difficult season for them but one of the positives is that Wilfried Bony is now starting to show some form.

Tottenham have been doing well under Tim Sherwood and I just get the sense that their squad is a happier ship now than when Andre Villas-Boas was in charge.

Judging by what he has done so far, I think Sherwood will pick a team to try to win the game rather than just stop Swansea, but he might have to settle for a point.

Lawro's prediction: Swansea City 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Lawro's 2013-14 Predictions

Saying Spurs will pick a team to win rather than just to stop Swansea, gotta love the inspired insights there.

Twunt

Tim Sherwood is still unbeaten in six league games as Tottenham boss and he has won five of those, including at Old Trafford. This is a massive game for him, though.

Spurs striker Emmanuel Adebayor is in great form and you know he will be fired up against his old team. What helps him is that Tottenham are now a team that plays on the front foot.

Most Premier League teams play with six defensive-minded players - four at the back and two sitting in front as a shield - but Sherwood uses five and has five attacking players too. He deserves credit for that

I am sure he will have a go at Emirates Marketing Project too, but knocking them out of their stride is easier said than done.

Watford went close when they went 2-0 up before half-time in the FA Cup on Saturday but there is a a real calmness about City boss Manuel Pellegrini and he worked out what they needed to do.

He asked his players for a reaction and he got it as they fought back to win 4-2, which bodes well for the rest of the season because they are not going to play well in every game.

Spurs will cause them some problems but I'd have to go for a City win at White Hart Lane.

Lawro's prediction: 0-2

Gail's prediction: When you're averaging about four goals per game like City are, only a fool or a die-hard Spurs fan would bet against an away win. I am a die hard Spurs fan and I am backing us to battle out a draw.

My three-year old-son, Harry, doesn't stop talking about Christian Erikson. I think he will score one and set up Emmanuel Adebayor for the second. 2-2

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25868474

2-0 to City is a fair prediction, given the way Manuel Pellegrini's team has played this season (110 goals and counting!).

But It would be absolutely fantastic if Tim Sherwood could get something from this game, which we won 3-1 last season.

With five first team squad players returning from injury, I think he might just get a point or three from Wednesday's game.

I've no complaint with Lawro's prediction, but that Merson geezer has gone and tipped us to draw against City. Surprisingly nice of him... except he couldn't resist a dig at us, said something along the lines of City don't always motivate themselves when they aren't playing the big boys.

Well actually, they have done recently. And do we not count as a big boy yet? I'm not trying to say we're a massive club or anything but a bit of appreciation would be nice. It's always the same old with SKY and the BBC, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and in more recent times Emirates Marketing Project are the only teams they talk about or generally refer to as 'big boys' and I'm sick of it if I'm honest. We have finished above Chelsea, Liverpool and City in recent years and been a point off Arsenal a couple of times and are currently above United, why do they continue to patronise us?

I don't think it will be 6-0 this time! I think Tottenham can make this really hard for Emirates Marketing Project and they could get a draw here. City keep turning it on - but then turning it off - and you can't keep doing that. They conceded two against Cardiff and Watford and I wonder if they struggle to get up for it when they're not playing the big boys. I think Emmanuel Adebayor will cause major problems and if he gives an 8/10 performance instead of one of his 3/10 performances then he will cause havoc in the Emirates Marketing Project defence and if Craig Noone can cause problems for them then Aaron Lennon certainly can. Spurs have got players who can cause problems and I think they will get a draw. That will be a big result for Tottenham - and a big result for Arsenal and Chelsea.

PAUL PREDICTS: 2-2

Not sure he meant it to come across that way, he might just be referring to Watford and Cardiff. I've generally found that he bigs us up, probably to compensate for his Arsenal connections.

Would be a bit odd to mean it in the context of those games considering he's meant to be discussing US against THEM, but I take your point - who knows what goes through the alci's head? :D

I've no complaint with Lawro's prediction, but that Merson geezer has gone and tipped us to draw against City. Surprisingly nice of him... except he couldn't resist a dig at us, said something along the lines of City don't always motivate themselves when they aren't playing the big boys.

Well actually, they have done recently. And do we not count as a big boy yet? I'm not trying to say we're a massive club or anything but a bit of appreciation would be nice. It's always the same old with SKY and the BBC, Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and in more recent times Emirates Marketing Project are the only teams they talk about or generally refer to as 'big boys' and I'm sick of it if I'm honest. We have finished above Chelsea, Liverpool and City in recent years and been a point off Arsenal a couple of times and are currently above United, why do they continue to patronise us?

Probably because most of the pundits played for either Liverpool, ARSEnal or ManU... plus the fact that we haven't won a major trophy or finished in the Top 3 for almost a quarter of a century... suppose we're still perceived to be "sleeping giants" like Everton until we finally end one of those spells... :-k

Hull City v Tottenham Hotspur

With four defeats in a row in the Premier League, Hull have fallen from grace a little since the start of the year.

Their home form is still pretty decent, though, and I think they are stronger when former Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone is playing.

I know Spurs were a bit unfortunate to get Danny Rose sent off against Emirates Marketing Project on Wednesday, but to lose 5-1 was a bit of a reality check for them as Emirates Marketing Project took them apart.

This is a horrible game for Spurs. Their attitude needs to be right too, because plenty of teams have gone to the KC Stadium thinking 'who are Hull and what are they doing in the top flight?' It is only at the final whistle that they realise.

Lawro's prediction: Hull City 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Hull City v Tottenham Hotspur

With four defeats in a row in the Premier League, Hull have fallen from grace a little since the start of the year.

Their home form is still pretty decent, though, and I think they are stronger when former Tottenham midfielder Tom Huddlestone is playing.

I know Spurs were a bit unfortunate to get Danny Rose sent off against Emirates Marketing Project on Wednesday, but to lose 5-1 was a bit of a reality check for them as Emirates Marketing Project took them apart.

This is a horrible game for Spurs. Their attitude needs to be right too, because plenty of teams have gone to the KC Stadium thinking 'who are Hull and what are they doing in the top flight?' It is only at the final whistle that they realise.

Lawro's prediction: Hull City 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Twunt but can see where he's coming from. Big test for Sherwood this one after losing so heavily v City. Sherwood has done well but results have been better than performances and this will show how much steel there is in our ranks and whether we can sustain a top 4 challenge or whether we'll just wilt.

Hull's home form reads W2D1L3 in the last 6, but since they won a few at the start of the season they'll be referred to as a great home side in super form by the pundits. I swear these guys don't pay attention to how teams play and the results they get at all.

Hull have been crap when I've seen them recently, I don't expect too much from them on Sunday. A win by at least a couple of goals.
Nice run of games coming up against teams that have gone off the boil. February should be really good for us.

Back