• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thanks for the message

Woah, meta......

conspiracy-keanu.jpg

"We have had our Google ads disabled""

If someone could explain what this means, I'd be so much happier.

It means the adverts Google supply have been disabled ;)

Hang on, this is quite childish, will I now get banned?

Basically Google pay us to advertise in the banner space at the top of each page, which all but covers the cost of running the site.

Despite flooding us with graphic adverts themselves Google won't actually advertise on sites with swear words, nudity and other graphic content on public display (hence the swear filter and the new location of The Vice Den) - recently we've fallen foul of this and so they have cut off our ad revenue - hence the message you have all been seeing.

Is that the gist of the situation @scaramanga ?

Basically Google pay us to advertise in the banner space at the top of each page, which all but covers the cost of running the site.

Despite flooding us with graphic adverts themselves Google won't actually advertise on sites with swear words, nudity and other graphic content on public display (hence the swear filter and the new location of The Vice Den) - recently we've fallen foul of this and so they have cut off our ad revenue - hence the message you have all been seeing.

That's it in a nutshell. We're supposed to be buying dating their Russian hookers singles, but we can't post a picture of a giant black d1ldo - the item that fell foul of their policy this time. This had been posted some time in 2012 in a thread about what scares you!

Is it a significant loss of revenue for this site? Unfortunate if so...

It is, but it was only for a week. This month will be low on revenue but we should make it up if we have a busy end to the season or a busy transfer window in the summer.

Oh, and @billyiddo - I didn't realise you could tag a user and have them notified about it. That's a nice touch.

I think the thread might have been started because the message seemed aimed at us personally, i.e. the "Dear jts1882, ...", which I did wonder about for a moment. It did get me thinking about whether I had posted anything that could have been the cause.

One issue that I've seen on other sites is that some image hosting sites reuse their addresses. So a picture of a skyscraper posted a few years ago might get inexplicably replaced by one of a dildo when the address expires and is used again. This caused problems with google.

That's it in a nutshell. We're supposed to be buying dating their Russian hookers singles, but we can't post a picture of a giant black d1ldo - the item that fell foul of their policy this time. This had been posted some time in 2012 in a thread about what scares you!

It is, but it was only for a week. This month will be low on revenue but we should make it up if we have a busy end to the season or a busy transfer window in the summer.
Good good!

I think the thread might have been started because the message seemed aimed at us personally, i.e. the "Dear jts1882, ...", which I did wonder about for a moment. It did get me thinking about whether I had posted anything that could have been the cause.

One issue that I've seen on other sites is that some image hosting sites reuse their addresses. So a picture of a skyscraper posted a few years ago might get inexplicably replaced by one of a dildo when the address expires and is used again. This caused problems with google.

Is that like when i close my eyes to think of my wife, the image of when we first met has long since gone and is now replaced with some slut on chatterbate?

Why not fudge Google off and have a paid subscription?

I suspect that we would have fewer users if we went subscription and it might also make it harder to attract new blood. My biggest concern though would be that you lot might expect us to run this place how you wanted if you became customers ;)

^ seriously though - Scara and you guys do a great job. Well done from the plebs.

And if we get low on revenue, don't hesitate to suggest we chip in - I hear gutterboy is willing to pay by the post

Back