• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Thank you AVB

spitshine

Sebastien Bassong
In the midst of all the shenanigans and the indifferent results this season, thought I would start a thread to remember some of the good things during his tenure;

a) Unbeaten in last three games against Man U
b) Won at Old Trafford first time since 1989
c) The 3-1 win against Emirates Marketing Project last season
d) Beating Arsenal
e) Record Premier points total last season
f) Fantastic away record during during his time with us

Bale_AVB_Barclays_Premier_League_Awards_February_2013.jpg

I'll miss you AVB.

Genuinely seemed like a decent guy so wish him the best.

I'd echo this. Despite wanting him out, I've been feeling sick about this all day. It's a horrible end for a decent man and I hope he gets his career back on track.

Some great memories, really wanted him to succeed but it just wasn't working.

Decent guy and seemed genuinely desperate to want to do well with us. Well spoken and intelligent.

Shame for everyone that it didn't work out in the end, but I do thank him for his hard work and effort whilst here.

Loved his passion. Always wanted him to succeed and it's a shame it didn't work out for him.

avb-man-u-celebration.gif

Gonna miss him lot.

All the best and thank you for such an incredible effort AVB.

Sad sad day for the club :(

My absolute favorite moment under AVB. He seemed like a very level-headed guy, very likeable, but unfortunately, did not like his football. Wish him all the best, though!

Best thread of the day. What might have been...if just one of the 8 million central midfielders we have at the club was able to play at left back.

Gutted he didn't get the time, sad that he seemed to revert to old personality traits near the end…if he stays in the game for 10 more years, he will be a tremendous manager somewhere.

Gutted he didn't get the time, sad that he seemed to revert to old personality traits near the end…if he stays in the game for 10 more years, he will be a tremendous manager somewhere.

Who would touch him after 2 sackings in two years?

I wonder if he'll just quietly disappear now really. He has nothing to prove.

Who would touch him after 2 sackings in two years?

I wonder if he'll just quietly disappear now really. He has nothing to prove.

Tbf he has everything to prove being that he's pretty much failed twice in England. I doubt anyone in this country would take him but he could easily manage a decent/good team in Italy and be successful. aHis style suits the Italian league (and to a lesser extent Spanish league) far more then it does the premiership.

I actually feel sorry for him as he looked distraught by the end of it and it seemed like he was a man on his own so to speak. Then I think he got 9m quid out of us - so im sure that sweetens the deal somewhat.

So thanks for the few great wins such as Manure away and the Inter home game which we were exceptional in.

I think he may go back to Portugal or even a spanish team. I also beleive in a more technical league like Spain or Italy he can be a success.

I liked AVB. I wanted him as our manager. I dont agree with the sacking and im gutted he has been sacked. I wish him all the best.

Tbf he has everything to prove being that he's pretty much failed twice in England. I doubt anyone in this country would take him but he could easily manage a decent/good team in Italy and be successful. aHis style suits the Italian league (and to a lesser extent Spanish league) far more then it does the premiership.

I just don't think he's all that bothered. The guy must be one of the richest managers in world football for someones who's achieved as little as he has. He has always said he didn't want to be in the game too long. This is probably the perfect time to retire. He has failed in England, you're right. I can see him walking off in the sunset with sad Hulk music playing in the background, disappearing from the game for a few years.

Back