• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tennis thread

I think it's also pretty cool that Murray won his first at the US, he's said before that it's his favourite tournament ever since he won there in the juniors.

It does mean, however though that the British media will still bang on about not having won Wimbledon for a thousand years.. I hope is able to win one at some point, although the expectation will be so high from now on.

It will surely help him having won a slam and having that experience to draw from.

He still has another few years in his prime to win it.

Who knows what Nadal will be like when and if he returns?

I fancy Murray to win Wimbledon next year.

Would be nice if we had a handful of top 100 players to help share the pressure. It's been a fair few years since Henman and Rusedski retired now and only Murray has come along in all them years! (and he was partly developed over at a Barcelona academy).

Surely like other sports, Tennis should have benefitted from lottery funded facilities and coaches over the last few years. If many of these other sports can develop world champions and olympic medalists then we must be able to raise the standard of tennis in this country.

(sorry just realised I've gone into an off-topic rant lol)

Well done Andy, epic win, really feel winning the gold medal has given him the belief to go on and win grand slams now...

The original comments were about Aus having no tennis success and our brightest hope is an import.

Don't mess with the hippo.

But you were wrong in that we don't have anyone bar Tomic (I'd argue we don't even have him, more mentally weak than the Pou)

If I say to you 2 + 2 = 5, and you reply with "and 5 begins with f", I choose to take it that you endorse the first proposition and endorse it by adding your comment without correcting the initial error.

There was no initial error - I can argue Jurgen's comment and your 'hopes' was about men's tennis in particular - hence the Tomic remark

Back