• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ten balls, four cups

milo

Jack L. Jones
I know that some of don't like this kind of thing but please humour me.

I have been thinking about priorities and how we use our squad recently and thought of a hypothetical question that I'd be interested in people's responses.

You have four cups which represent the competitions that we start the season in (PL, CL/EL, league cup and FA Cup) and you have six ten balls which represent our resources (players energy, preparation time on the training ground, player conditioning etc.).

You have to put at least one ball in each cup and you have to use all of your balls. At the beginning of the season, how would you share out the balls and why?

Last edited:
PL 6
CL/EL 2
LC 1
FA 1

This might change if we qualify for CL regularly!

Last edited:
PL ⚽⚽
C/E L ⚽⚽
LC ⚽
FA ⚽

At the start of the season, generally, I'd consider us finishing top 4 or winning the EL to be equally as likely.

In case the emoji's don't display I've gone 2/2/1/1

PL ⚽⚽
C/E L ⚽⚽
LC ⚽
FA ⚽

At the start of the season, generally, I'd consider us finishing top 4 or winning the EL to be equally as likely.

In case the emoji's don't display I've gone 2/2/1/1

Have to agree with this analysis, the LC and FAC have become the blooding ground for the youngsters and our efforts need to be put to the EPL and EC/CL

Not for the first time, you need more balls Milo.

Splitting 6 things 4 ways is just 2211 or 3111

I'd say 10 balls would be more illuminating, e.g. 6211

giphy.gif

yuXfJ2e.jpg

giphy.gif

League 7
EL 2.5
League cup 0.5
FA cup 0 unless we're out of the running in the others.

Whatever Pochettino has done this season... Seems to have struck a very good balance and then started to focus on one tournament over others when targets have presented themselves.

Not quite sure how what was done this season is best described in the 10 balls system. Also worth noting that the FA-cup doesn't start until half way through the league season, after the EL/CL group stages and way into the league cup. The League cup can become important if you reach a quarter or semi final, but still have a low priority at the start. Has to be fluid...

First half of the season though it's league and CL if in the CL. Bit less priority for the EL group stages if in the EL as it should be doable anyway... League cup a bit of an afterthought, but if results go our way then go for it.

Back