• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Team Spirit

Briddo1882

Erik Edman
I think this is something that we have in abundance at the moment. You watch the SpursTV clips and you see the camaraderie, the horse play and the general interaction between the players and it is superb to see. For me Lewis Hotlby, Sandro and Kyle Walker seem to be the chief protagonists however last night we saw it again.

We don't seem to have any precious ego's anymore. Just a group of talented young men wanting to win stuff as a team.

When Bobby scored the first goal he was mobbed by the rest of the team. When he scored the Pen he made a gesture of congrats to Fredericks in winning the pen - I bet after that Fredricks puffed his chest and felt proud that a player of Sodado's profile and stature took the time to acknowlege his contribution. How often do you see a penalty taker acknowlege the bloke who won the pen?

All over the pitch the team seem to be playing for each other and then you look at the enthusiasm on the bench. AVB, who I believe is a great motivator, "Spurs fan and assistant manager" in Steffan Freund and , Sir Les, Tony Parks etc.

I believe we really seem to have something special at the moment. If our management can keep this team spirit going I believe in the long run we will gain points purely on it giving us that something extra.

seems like berbatov was the last of the prima donnas, and we were quick to rid of GDS, Bentley and guys who seemed to want to play more than work. Modric and Bale are superstars but with solid characters. And all 7 of our Bale funded recruits too. And the young ones like Fryers, Naughton, Holtby...seems to be a character/work ethic for playing for spurs at the moment. i much prefer it this way.

I am very heartened by the spirit and togetherness I'm seeing in shots at the ends of games and photos from Hotspur Way. Lots of smiles and camaraderie from what I can see. Sandro said in an interview I saw on the Daily Mail site yesterday that the City game had actually brought them more together.

And I don't for a moment believe AVB has lost the dressing room. There is zero evidence for that beyond paper speculation.

When he scored the Pen he made a gesture of congrats to Fredericks in winning the pen - I bet after that Fredricks puffed his chest and felt proud that a player of Sodado's profile and stature took the time to acknowlege his contribution. How often do you see a penalty taker acknowlege the bloke who won the pen?

Yeah, a few of us mentioned that in the match thread. I thought it was class from Soldado and a very good sign about team spirit.

I think at the end of the game Soldado rushed on to congratulate Lamela on a job well done, on his way to getting the match ball.

Although it begs the question, surely we use several balls each game

Team is young, generally look like they are having fun and seem to care about each others achievements.

Long may it continue.

Although it begs the question, surely we use several balls each game

You know we're a Jewish club right? We won't splash out on loads of balls that's why it takes forever to come back when Dawson hoofs one into the back of the East Stand!

AVB's nearly got exactly what he wants - a young squad with steely, rather than flamboyant, leaders (Verts, Lloris being prime examples). It looks a fairly flat structure (Brad and Dawson are the only players you would really call 'senior'), but AVB's very much top dog/charasmatic leader.

He clearly identified van der Vaart, BAE and Ade as personalities he didn't want to work with, for one reason or another, and got them out of the way. Unlike Chelsea, he won his battle against the entrenched personalities and is now surrounded by lieutenants of his own choosing.

AVB's nearly got exactly what he wants - a young squad with steely, rather than flamboyant, leaders (Verts, Lloris being prime examples). It looks a fairly flat structure (Brad and Dawson are the only players you would really call 'senior'), but AVB's very much top dog/charasmatic leader.

He clearly identified van der Vaart, BAE and Ade as personalities he didn't want to work with, for one reason or another, and got them out of the way. Unlike Chelsea, he won his battle against the entrenched personalities and is now surrounded by lieutenants of his own choosing.

Clearly identified Adebayor as a person he didn't want to work with so well that he signed him..

Er..

Clearly identified Adebayor as a person he didn't want to work with so well that he signed him..

Er..

Or Sherwood, Pleat and Rosenthal (the then 'transfer committee') signed because we failed to get any of AVB's targets and City practically gave him away. That was also just 2 months into AVB's reign.

seems like berbatov was the last of the prima donnas, and we were quick to rid of GDS, Bentley and guys who seemed to want to play more than work. Modric and Bale are superstars but with solid characters. And all 7 of our Bale funded recruits too. And the young ones like Fryers, Naughton, Holtby...seems to be a character/work ethic for playing for spurs at the moment. i much prefer it this way.

I wouldnt quite go that far..but certainly see your point

Back