• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I didn’t want him gone
and I didn’t want Mourinho
But now he has gone I’m happy to back the manager who knows more about the game and has won more than any manager in our history
And I’ll even give him more than 15 league games to prove himself
Poch had 4 great years and one average to poor one but still took us to a CL final
He also lost loads of big games and won some too
All managers are fallible, some are just hated for who they are.

My thoughts as well, as for Jose he took over a team that according to some was heading for a relegation fight and has got us back to fighting for a top four place.

Jose biggest problem is not injured players so much as the fans who never wanted him here and are now getting a chance to have a dig at him. The truth is that he took a team who were past their best, suffered further injurys since and has a big job on his hands.

let's be honest - he really is not for the EPL!
Let's be honest, 1. You're very quick to dismiss players. He's got bags of ability.
2. Jose set us up to do be ultra defensive. That's not a game for Tangay. The way we set up to play, I was very surprised to see Ndombele in the starting line up.

Let's be honest, 1. You're very quick to dismiss players. He's got bags of ability.
2. Jose set us up to do be ultra defensive. That's not a game for Tangay. The way we set up to play, I was very surprised to see Ndombele in the starting line up.

yes it’s a bit knee jerk but he just looks so awkward and ungainly!
He may be ok as you say!

Fernandes was pants in his first 3 games. Ndombele was very good the first games. So you'll have to go further away into the country side with that statement.

Fernandes has only played 3 full games for them now + 9 mins vs Brugge.

In the 3 games he’s played he had a solid debut vs Wolves, an assist vs Chelsea and was arguably the pick of Man U’s forward players, and was MoM yesterday.

I’m not sticking up for him but your ‘3 pants games’ might need a tweak.

Fernandes has only played 3 full games for them now + 9 mins vs Brugge.

In the 3 games he’s played he had a solid debut vs Wolves, an assist vs Chelsea and was arguably the pick of Man U’s forward players, and was MoM yesterday.

I’m not sticking up for him but your ‘3 pants games’ might need a tweak.

I know which player I prefer the look of right now...

My thoughts as well, as for Jose he took over a team that according to some was heading for a relegation fight and has got us back to fighting for a top four place.

Jose biggest problem is not injured players so much as the fans who never wanted him here and are now getting a chance to have a dig at him. The truth is that he took a team who were past their best, suffered further injurys since and has a big job on his hands.

Yes totally agree with this.

He took the worse Man U team in decades to second in the league and winning the Europa league.

He has also at times in his career coached teams to play different types of football. At the moment he is just doing the best with what he has. I think if he is given a full year we will see an improvement in style. I say this as someone who decided to go out for the second half on Saturday. Im neither a hater or a lover but lets give the guy who has been a success time to improve the team.

So much of the criticism of him seems to come from ex pros now doing punditry work. To be fair Mourinho has himself to blame with the whole special one nonsense he did when he was younger. This is why I tell my son, how you behave now will impact on how people view you in later life, whether you like it or not.

100%
I’ve got mates predicting between 2 and 3 points over the next 6 games and if we win Sunday will swing the whole other way..

Perhaps there is an underlying issue with an injury that is causing him to look undercooked off the ball / defensively. He was called out for saying he didn’t feel right but history is littered with players playing through the pain barrier to the detriment of performing at 100%.
Ironically Lamela is brave because he can run around a bit fouling people for 20 minutes but yet can’t string 3 consecutive 90 minutes together.
There seems to be a distinct lack of patience considering how much change we are going through, 6 new players in the first team squad and a new manager mid season, in our first full season at a new ground.
We benefited from the consistency we had under Poch in terms of his leadership and personnel, as do Liverpool, City, Wolves and Sheffield Utd currently!

Even Cheatski who are the one team conditioned to cope with change are not bedding in any new signings from another country.

Back