• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

He did but said he would be on the bench. I think he chose what he thought were the safe options. Partly why Eriksen needs to go, so we remove that option from the table.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Last night was tough - not too many positives. I liked Dele's goal and we must keep him pushed forward.

He did but said he would be on the bench. I think he chose what he thought were the safe options. Partly why Eriksen needs to go, so we remove that option from the table.

I would imagine Mourinho was more worried about Ndombele aggravating his prior injury. If Eriksen is on the verge of leaving and unlikely to be replaced then it is imperative that Ndombele is fully fit for the first game post Eriksen.

I would imagine Mourinho was more worried about Ndombele aggravating his prior injury. If Eriksen is on the verge of leaving and unlikely to be replaced then it is imperative that Ndombele is fully fit for the first game post Eriksen.
Yes I think so too but didn't explain properly in my post. [emoji28]

Yet he used to be a winger up until a few seasons ago, you'd of hoped he could offer something going forward but he appears to be quite limited in that regard.
And Dembele, that well-known midfield goal machine, started in the top flight as a striker. Go figure.

I think the Winks injury scuppered much of Jose's intentions last night all the way to the final whistle...

For me Winks was working hard in the midfield and generally controlling things quite well / keeping Cantwell fairly quiet.

We lost that control once he came off and Dier looked like a dear in headlights. The lad just can't turn with the ball anymore.
I think JM opted for Dier over N'Dombele as we needed a more defensive minded player.

However it then went a bit pear shaped once they equalised, as I think under normal circumstances Gedson would have come on for Dier with Jan staying on, for some consistency in the back line.
But as Dier hadn't long been on, I don't think JM was prepared to sub a sub so soon! Morale and all that.

Dier certainly didn't look at home in the back line any more than he did in DM!

Didn't JM say he would play last night?
Can't remember the exact wording, but it was the same he's used before that means a player will be in the match day squad. If he's then brought on or not will always depend on the game.

Hopefully he'll be back playing and fitter sooner rather than later.

Pretty much my thoughts as well, i am sure we will see Ndombele play more as the season goes on.

Didn’t get off the bench again Saturday, i know he is coming back from injury but to be on the bench the last 2 games and not getting any minutes is abit strange.

Bound to learn he's a fcukin' chess grand master.

Not all that keen to interrupt his practice games for a bit of kickin' and runnin' about.

Whats the point of being on the bench if there was no intention of him coming on? Surely just taking up a place for someone else?

It doesn't make any sense. But we know Mourinho will sort it one way or another.

Last edited:
Meh, I'd prefer him not to break down again. So far, we've (just about) won in the league and not been knocked out of the FA cup so not been hurt too much.

Hopefully he can come back fully fit, raring to go and prove to everyone he's worth the money and help drive us to top 4 and a trophy.

It's not just the injury situation, he needs a couple of Poch/Jesus style double training sessions to get his fitness up to Premier league standard. We need 90 minutes from him, not 55.

Whats the point of being on the bench if there was no intention of him coming on? Surely just taking up a place for someone else?
It's psychology. Mourinho challenging Ndombele to put himself forward, then withdrawing the proverbial carrot in anticipation of future salivation.

Back