• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

The opinions in this thread are interesting because pro rata he makes by far the most tackles of all our 4 CMS so far this season. Joint first in terms of interceptions, second for fouls per game and not far behind in blocks per game....

I'm not particularly a stats guy but I find them useful....

VaLogXe.png

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

The opinions in this thread are interesting because pro rata he makes by far the most tackles of all our 4 CMS so far this season. Joint first in terms of interceptions, second for fouls per game and not far behind in blocks per game....

VaLogXe.png

Im amazed any of our CM's are doing any of that:D

VaLogXe.png

He made the most tackles on Saturday
Was still really poor
Sometimes stats don’t show the details
Everton fans loved signing Ashley Williams as his recovery stats were amazing.... what they realised was it was because he missed his first tackles

Was still really poor
Everton fans loved signing Ashley Williams as his recovery stats were amazing.... what they realised was it was because he missed his first tackles
Oh I agree, stats definitely do not tell the whole story. It's just that the narrative that he is poorer than the rest defensively seemed to be starting up and the stats are useful to show that perception is for the most part wrong.

We do though need a mobile DM, Dier can do for now but he ultimately needs to be replaced. A quality DM or ball seeker would give Ndombele or Winks and even Lo Celso a great foundation to work from. As it is now none of the pairings we can make seem particularly suited, and the midfield is still far to easy to play past.

Was still really poor
Oh I agree, stats definitely do not tell the whole story. It's just that the narrative that he is poorer than the rest defensively seemed to be starting up and the stats are useful to show that perception is for the most part wrong.

We do though need a mobile DM, Dier can do for now but he ultimately needs to be replaced. A quality DM or ball seeker would give Ndombele or Winks and even Lo Celso a great foundation to work from. As it is now none of the pairings we can make seem particularly suited, and the midfield is still far to easy to play past.

VaLogXe.png

With better stamina, or if he paced himself so he wasn't so obviously too exhausted to track back at times those stats would probably be even better for him. That's what we're hoping for and then I think he will be a massive player for us. It's a question of time, settling in, adapting, for now. If that's not enough perhaps he needs another preseason and will shine next season.

With better stamina, or if he paced himself so he wasn't so obviously too exhausted to track back at times those stats would probably be even better for him. That's what we're hoping for and then I think he will be a massive player for us. It's a question of time, settling in, adapting, for now. If that's not enough perhaps he needs another preseason and will shine next season.

I think thats kind of the catch with him, his quality and potential are that obvious (and great) its easy to judge him against what he "should" be doing.

I guess a key would be where and why are those tackles being made
Dier gets are’s by some but at the game it was clear he was plugging a huge defensive gap in midfield
The goals they scored came from a cross and a from a poor challenge by NDombele for forget.
Vs West Ham they were crosses. Vs Olympiakos... crosses again. That’s not because of Dier in CM. It’s because we don’t defend basic crosses well

I guess a key would be where and why are those tackles being made
Dier gets are’s by some but at the game it was clear he was plugging a huge defensive gap in midfield
The goals they scored came from a cross and a from a poor challenge by NDombele for forget.
Vs West Ham they were crosses. Vs Olympiakos... crosses again. That’s not because of Dier in CM. It’s because we don’t defend basic crosses well
Without going back to watch the games again there is the arguement of where those passes to the crossers came from, some would have come from the centre or a player that wasn't picked up.

Info think we are too open we haven't conceded directly from this but it does effect us indirectly because we have to scramble to protect the middle and then the pass to out wide is on. It's not Dier's fault, the midfield as whole needs work positionally, I'm seeing improvements so the hope is definitely there that we can get back to a solid base.

Your right that's what we need.

If we had a mobile protective DCM (like Kante), a player that's ok, if need be, coping on his own it would release Ndombele from worrying too much about defensive duties.

Let's say Kante played for us, I could see Ndombele and La Celso being perfect as a pair left and right in front of him running the midfield with amazing creation potential. Dare I say the 3 bottom points of a diamond!

Without going back to watch the games again there is the arguement of where those passes to the crossers came from, some would have come from the centre or a player that wasn't picked up.

Info think we are too open we haven't conceded directly from this but it does effect us indirectly because we have to scramble to protect the middle and then the pass to out wide is on. It's not Dier's fault, the midfield as whole needs work positionally, I'm seeing improvements so the hope is definitely there that we can get back to a solid base.

Most from memory come form balls down the line
Certainly did on Saturday and vs wet spam
But wet down was also a bit of ping pong in the box first
On Saturday for example Verts was regularly tucking in as Son got caught out by the FBs turns

Your right that's what we need.

If we had a mobile protective DCM (like Kante), a player that's ok, if need be, coping on his own it would release Ndombele from worrying too much about defensive duties.

Let's say Kante played for us, I could see Ndombele and La Celso being perfect as a pair left and right in front of him running the midfield with amazing creation potential. Dare I say the 3 bottom points of a diamond!

would be a great set up
Ndidi does exactly that at Leicester

would be a great set up
Ndidi does exactly that at Leicester

So why have continued to waste time and money?
I can't believe our signings. Not the player's fault and I can see the thinking re Sessegnon and just on NDombele due to Eriksen.
The hope is Ndombele can fit in somewhere hopefully in the Eriksen role (but not convinced)

N’Dombele will be a massive upgrade on our centre mids, he can tackle, pass forwards and dribble past people. I don’t see him playing in Eriksen’s role as he has much more to offer from a deeper position, where we are severely lacking a complete player.

We just need to get him fit as he has missed a few games with different minor ailments, which has had a knock on effect on his ability to train whilst adjusting to a very different pace of football in a team that has lacked consistency all season.

I genuinely think for his age he’s a tremendous prospect and he has a rare blend of power with football intelligence. I’d be more concerned with how Lo Celso fits in.

So why have continued to waste time and money?
I can't believe our signings. Not the player's fault and I can see the thinking re Sessegnon and just on NDombele due to Eriksen.
The hope is Ndombele can fit in somewhere hopefully in the Eriksen role (but not convinced)
Ndombele is the replacement for Dembele or the upgrade on Winks imo. Deep playing, playmaker qualities, adequate defensively. Longer perspective the replacement for Modric that we never got (though that's a different discussion).

At our best Eriksen mostly started as an attacking midfielder in one if the wide roles. Alli as the #10, Son in the other wide role. Lo Celso seems like the more natural replacement for him, though Mourinho might have changed things.

What doesn't make sense is judging these signings of young players coming in from different leagues (Lo Celso, Ndombele) or primarily as signings for the future (Sessegnon) based on what they've done in their first half a season with us. People now rightly big up Fabinho for Liverpool, but this time last season he had hardly started featuring.

Ndombele is the replacement for Dembele or the upgrade on Winks imo. Deep playing, playmaker qualities, adequate defensively. Longer perspective the replacement for Modric that we never got (though that's a different discussion).

At our best Eriksen mostly started as an attacking midfielder in one if the wide roles. Alli as the #10, Son in the other wide role. Lo Celso seems like the more natural replacement for him, though Mourinho might have changed things.

What doesn't make sense is judging these signings of young players coming in from different leagues (Lo Celso, Ndombele) or primarily as signings for the future (Sessegnon) based on what they've done in their first half a season with us. People now rightly big up Fabinho for Liverpool, but this time last season he had hardly started featuring.

I'm not understanding anything to do with NDombele. I thought the same re Dembele.
But have been told I'm wrong! NDo is more Pogba/Eriksen/Pirlo;)/???

He has moments (he looked best in some of the Poch ganes), but he looked really poor on the week-end.

Not sure if it's fitness, league adjustment, knowing his role, hope Jose can get him to consistency quickly.

Back