• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

We should build our entire midfield around N'Dombele, just do whatever it takes to fit him in.
This. If Ndombele isn't the first name on the team sheet whenever he's fit, then Moaninho can fudge right off. He's probably one of the best 5 midfielders in the world right now.

Winks was our deepest positioned midfielder yesterday. N'Dombele has a lovely range of passing but you are taking a lot from his game if he can't get forward.

I could see him in the Lampard role in Mourinho's first Chelsea side

I agree with you to an extent; his passing ability is amazing and I think that he could play those passes that Dele did yesterday. However with someone sitting next to him he will be able to make those runs forward that we have enjoyed this season, breaking the first pressing phase of quite a few teams. The crispness of his passing from that position will also make him a real asset in finding whoever is at #10 as well as our wide forwards.

Last edited:
I agree with you to an extent; his passing ability is amazing and I think that he could play those passes that Dele did yesterday. However with someone sitting next to him he will be able to make those runs forward that we have enjoyed this season, breaking the first pressing phase quite a few teams. The crispness of his passing from that position will also make him a real asset in finding whoever is at #10 as well as our wide forwards.

I agree but we'll need to see a change in Mourinho's instructions to central midfielders. They both sat deep and stayed close together yesterday. Maybe that was just being pragmatic because of the limited time he had with the players.

I agree but we'll need to see a change in Mourinho's instructions to central midfielders. They both sat deep and stayed close together yesterday. Maybe that was just being pragmatic because of the limited time he had with the players.

I reckon you're right on the lack of prep. Maybe once there is a bit more confidence through the side we could see a more inventive two.

I did find it interesting that Dier was used more as a destroyer than a sitter, getting in West Ham's faces and trying to disrupt their play. He was also useful to have for when they tried the long ball, something which none of our other CM options can do. Skipp actually feels like a more natural fit than anyone else in that role because of his defensive attributes, but I feel Jose wants at least one "big man" in there.

Dude, pace power and angry do not equate to the ability of having an eye for a pass and ability to execute

Saw a lot of Essien. Ndombele looks a more progressive/ambitious passer. Ndombele also more body swivels, turns, tricks etc.

Different players imo.

I think so.

I see Ndombele maybe suiting a 433 better (to be the one of the three to push on) or....

4222. Ndombele and Alli behind Kane and Son. Son out on the left and Aurier to support high and right. Leaves Davies to form a 3 with Toby and Davinson and still have Winks and Dier in front.

I think someone listened to too much Andy Gray.
Essien was a great passer of the ball. And he had an amazing dribbling ability.
Injuries killed him.

Who are you talking about? Essien was the ultimate box to box player. I didn't say he couldn't dribble or pass.

Jose will be very excited when he sees a fit Ndombele in training - strength, speed and skill

Just want him fully fit

Not too worried about that. Ndombele has a wide range of qualities that I think will make him effective in several different roles in that position.

Not too worried about that. Ndombele has a wide range of qualities that I think will make him effective in several different roles in that position.

I'm not too worried about it either. I think that it is fun trying to work out where people fit in and how the side will evolve.

I'm not too worried about it either. I think that it is fun trying to work out where people fit in and how the side will evolve.
Definitely. I do wonder if we might see a more conventional midfield three at some point with Alli and Mdombele box to box ahead of a dm.

Jose will be very excited when he sees a fit Ndombele in training - strength, speed and skill

Just want him fully fit

The problem is I don't think he's been fully fit since he's arrived, always looked overweight to me.

If Poch couldn't whip him into shape, I don't know who will?

I think people are overthinking a little bit if they're worried N'Dombele won't find a place in our team. Unless Dier makea a full return to 3 years ago (and even then, I don't rate him quite as highly as others on here), CM is one of our weak areas and N'Dombele has a lot of incredible qualities.

He may well shuffle the players around in a slightly weird way (he did this at Inter for example) but he'll be in the team.

He will need to shape up defensively though imo and he would have had to do that under Poch too.

Essien was basically a unique player, a player I actually really liked despite the Chelsea links. Shame for him injuries ruined him. Would be delighted if Ndombele has even some of the same influence for us.

The problem is I don't think he's been fully fit since he's arrived, always looked overweight to me.

If Poch couldn't whip him into shape, I don't know who will?

Hopefully this Carlos Lalin fella can make our squad as injury free as Chelsea seem to have largely been for the past decade and a half...

upload_2019-11-25_10-26-18.jpeg

Back